Info/Discussion - 2017 Fairy Tail Awards Info / Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info/Discussion 2017 Fairy Tail Awards Info / Discussion Thread

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I took the Most Overhype Award as meaning.... over hyped... like Acno or Zeref. Erza's hype is usually real so would that be over hype or truth? If she says she will break every bone in her body to defeat you.... I would be running if I were you because you aren't going to make it out of that situation alive.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I thought WYIS was talking about the Most Overrated Character that we had last year.

But yea most over hyped characters are villains in FT.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
@MonkeyD-Dragon Sorry for the late reply. You're right regarding Cobra's "Dragon Force" in the Best Transformation Thread. It seems I wasn't paying attention to the recent chapters. I will count your nomination. My apologies.

@Zeref Spriggan You're right too. Haha. Cobra did use that transformation when he fought Natsu. Thanks for reminding me and catching my mistake!

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
@MonkeyD-Dragon Sorry for the late reply. You're right regarding Cobra's "Dragon Force" in the Best Transformation Thread. It seems I wasn't paying attention to the recent chapters. I will count your nomination. My apologies.

@Zeref Spriggan You're right too. Haha. Cobra did use that transformation when he fought Natsu. Thanks for reminding me and catching my mistake!
That's fine Man really happens to the Best of us no worries,glad i could be of Assistance.:hi

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I don't really get how the top 6 is determined.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't really get how the top 6 is determined.
The Top 6 was determined by the number of nominations. So if something is nominated 5 times, it has precedence over something that is nominated 4 times. In the past, every single nomination passed and then the voting phase began. But this time, your nominations sort of work like votes (except your choices was unlimited so to speak).

Anyways, the six nominations are then split up into 2 rounds (semifinals). And the winner in each round will face each other in the finals. I hope this answers your question. If not, feel free to ask more.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
So Max x Broom advances? Ichiya's running joke allowed him to advance in top 3 best male of FT?!

Sigh... Whatever. I was expecting this to be fun.

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
So Max x Broom advances? Ichiya's running joke allowed him to advance in top 3 best male of FT?!

Sigh... Whatever. I was expecting this to be fun.
I can’t speak for the Max x Broom stuff since I didn’t nominate at all in the Best Couple category.
However, I was one of the people who nominated Ichiya for Best Male and I can assure you that it was in no way, shape, or form a troll nomination. Ichiya is genuinely one of my favorite characters in the series. I understand that sometimes people vote Ichiya in competitions just for the laughs and whatnot, so I can see where you’re coming from, but there are also people who vote for Ichiya because they actually like him, so calling it a “running joke” isn’t a fair assessment in my opinion. I’d argue that Ichiya making it this far is to be expected in a competition like this one which is based on popularity and not some sort of criteria.

Also, Ichiya isn’t top 3, he’s technically top 6(5 if you base it on nominations). He’s involved in a 3-way semifinal versus Jellal and Natsu while Gray, Laxus, and Zeref make up the other semifinal.

In the end, even if you’re still disappointed by Ichiya making it this far(which is fair, everyone has their preferences), just know that not everyone who nominated Ichiya did it as a gag or joke;). And if I misunderstood the point of your post, then I apologize in advance:).

Unfortunately, Ichiya drew the short end of the stick this round and won't be getting my vote.
Meeeeeeeeeeeen :emocat

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, are the "award tournament" results out yet or not?

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
@Gryffindor Yeah i think a good chunk of people who voted Ichiya did it as a joke, and imo he doesnt belong to the top 6. That's my opinion though, and i respect your opinion.
Also my bad, i didnt realize there were 6 guys remainings and not 3. So indeed Ichiya is top 6 of FT, which is still not supposed to happen in my book but at least it's not as outrageous as i thought.

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Best op would definitely between 15 vs 16.

And damn, I guess Irene really made a big impact to the fandom. Especially considering that she only appeared on the last arc of the series.

She's in the semifinals for 7 categories:

-Best Female Character
-Best Villain
-Best Chapter
-Best Design
-Best Magic Spell
-Most surprising moment
-Best Transformation

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Did the semi finals take place in another dimension or something? Looks like I missed it...

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Did the semi finals take place in another dimension or something? Looks like I missed it...
I could share some information about that mysterious dimension and tell you who is winning there atm

Everything for small price :evil

Nice Avi btw :heh

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire