Seinen - 20th Century Boys by Urasawa Naoki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen 20th Century Boys by Urasawa Naoki

Acult

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

"Growing older is pretty rough and Kenji is finding out just how hard it can be as life starts wearing down on him. On top of trying to make ends meet running a convenience store, he has to care for the niece that his missing sister left in his care. Memories of youth make it easier, until those memories come back to haunt you.

Kenji and his old friends are slowly being drawn into a mysterious conspiracy that could threaten the world. Who is the mysterious "friend", and how does he tie into Kenji's youth? Why are there disappearances and deaths tied into Ochanomizu University? The friend's memories hold the keys to the puzzle, but years between cloud the clues.

The strange occurances and the reach of the "friend" conspiracy grow by the day. It will all culminate on New Year's Eve 2000. Will Kenji and the rest of the group be able to put together the puzzle and save the world? "

Does anyone know where I would be able to download Edited Mangas of volume 18 onwards, as I cant seem to find any on Direct Download...and I suck at irc.

Last edited by a moderator:

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: 20th Century Boys

Ah cool link but the speed is pretty slow for me =/ and the really heavy advertisement is annoying but at least getting the last vols that are missing for me :)

Vandrul

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Re: 20th Century Boys

Yes, it's slow for me too.
A chapter download lasts the time i read a whole chapter so i can go reading and downloading without stopping :woo
And... the fu****g ad is very annoying, I agree :mad

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
21st Century Boys by Urasawa Naoki (v02, Sequel to 20th Century Boys)

[eni]*hijacks thread* [/eni]
Okay I know that we got a least a few 20th CB readers here. Everyone knows that there is a long break and a last and final volume scheduled for 2007 which is meant to end 20th CB. My last information was that the we would get the last chapters in february 2007. Well but today I stumbled across a new chapter on http://teamangelsub.free.fr/Ritual.htm . Seems like we will get everything a bit sooner.

EDIT by GK: This is supposed to be "Chapter 250" of 20th Century Boys, the first chapter after volume 22 (the alleged "final volume" of 20th Century Boys), where the storyline becomes more explanatory. You can download Volume 22 at this rapidshare link (note, this was not scanlated by Manga-Heaven). Thanks to sl^sh3r for the link.

EDIT by eni: Sorry but i had to take down the link of volume 22. Translation and RAWs were both used without permission. You can get the RAW of v22 via bittorrent and read kforblack's translation till Manga-Heaven's release is out.

20th Century Boys ended at Volume 22, which is nearly finished scanlated by Manga-Heaven. You can download their release at #lurk, Evil Empire, Stoptazmo and Mangaheaven. Their latest release is chapter 3 (239) out of the last 13 (249) chapters.
Attention: There's another Volume 22 available which has the label of Jojohot on each page. This release was made based on a chinese Edited Manga and a translation, both not allowed to use for Edited Manga. Please don't distribute this scan, go for Mangaheavens work instead.

21th Century Boys is a Sequel to 20th CB which is supposed to answer the open questions. There are no Edited Mangas yet, but you can find the current RAW and translation in this thread. Much thanks to all who help finding the RAW and to kforblack for translating them.
Please respect that kforblack's translations are not allowed to use for Edited Mangas!

21th Century Boys
Chapter 01 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by des || Translation
Chapter 02 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by sl^sh3r || Translation
Chapter 03 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by des || Translation
Chapter 04 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 05 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 06 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 07 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 08 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 09 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 10 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 11 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 12 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx ||Translation
Chapter 13 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 14 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx || Translation
Chapter 15 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx
Chapter 16 HQ RAW [rs] [ss] brought by KaNx

Vol. 1 [rs] [ss] brought by oruga_xxx

Last edited:

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: 20th Century Boys [New chapter 12.27.2006]

That looks to be a later chapter in volume 22 *feels like he was just spoiled xD* because it seems like the "finale" or something. Thanks for finding it though :) Hopefully we'll get the entire volume 22 soon.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Thank you des :hug

Volume 22 was released in november '06 and Manga Heaven said that they will continue the Edited Mangas.

Besides that a (live action) movie will be released in 2008^^
http://www.20thboys.com

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I really dont know...I mean I only can guess everything from the numbers written here and there. But there is a big 1! on the second page along with a Naoki is back line which indicates that this is the first chapter of volume 22 and we set off with volume 21 a long time ago. This chapter almost fits to the end of vol 21 I just dont remember sado t o be there *needs to read again*

I just wonder...if vol 22 is already release with all the chapters and answers ;__; why are there publications of the chapters one month later o.O?

White Rabbit

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2

It seems that there will be more movies, since the site where I found the info said something about "part 1".
And it just makes sence with such a comprehensive storyline.

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

White Rabbit said:
It seems that there will be more movies, since the site where I found the info said something about "part 1".
And it just makes sence with such a comprehensive storyline.
Yep I read that too somewhere on Mangaheaven. But to be true the storyline is too complexe to fit into a movie (trilogy?). A anime version would be much better...

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany

des said:
I just wonder...if vol 22 is already release with all the chapters and answers ;__; why are there publications of the chapters one month later o.O?
I have no idea xD ... Manga Heaven will probably release it in one package, so a whole volume needs some time, I guess.

And for the raw, cant dl it atm. Could you upload the first 3 pages or so?

As for the movies ... well, it's a very complex plot, so one movie alone won't be enough to show the whole story. I could imagine that the first one will contain the story (in a nutshell) till the milleniums fight or maybe not even that far.

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

eni said:
I have no idea xD ... Manga Heaven will probably release it in one package, so a whole volume needs some time, I guess.

And for the raw, cant dl it atm. Could you upload the first 3 pages or so?
I made them really small because you're using a modem...

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3623/21thcenturyboys010000rl0.jpg
http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/6295/21thcenturyboys010001yz9.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9422/21thcenturyboys01000200kk0.jpg[br]Posted on: 27 December 2006, 14:31:56_________________________________________________I am completely lost now o.o

I looked a bit closer on it...

1 Page: We see the usual logo 20th CB

2 Page: There is this return message and again the 20th CB logo, BUT this time with a big one over the 0 from the title (thought that just meant chapter 1)

3/4 Page: We see 21 CB as logo (also with a little arrow+text to the 1) and 1 as chapter number.

So now I am really wondering...I dont expect to see a spin off or whatever but renaming the series with the last volume?

I am lost on that... xD

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Thank you so much, des.

Looks really nice. I have to re-read the last chapters of v21, since I don't remember what happenend in the end anymore.
Kenji colorpage *eyesparkles* ... really cool :nuts

eh, des ... have you noticed that it's called 21th CB not 20th CB on page 2 and 3? :blink
Don't modify while I'm typing :yelling

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

eni said:
eh, des ... have you noticed that it's called 21th CB not 20th CB on page 2 and 3? :blink
Don't modify while I'm typing :yelling
Hahahahaa...so you noticed that too. In the first moment I was like "wasnt it called 20th? 21th seems more logical at the moment, but wait...§N§G§&" I dont know" xD so yeah but I am still confused :S

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany

des said:
Hahahahaa...so you noticed that too. In the first moment I was like "wasnt it called 20th? 21th seems more logical at the moment, but wait...§N§G§&" I dont know" xD so yeah but I am still confused :S
What me even more confuses:
This is the chapter that was released in Big Comic Spirits two days ago. But v22 (which we expected to be published in spring '07 but was released in nov '06) is already out. So this is a) the first chp of v23 OR the first chapter of 21th CB - which is what? A Spin Off? Special chap? Second Stage?

I feel so lost atm :blink

Berserk

Reaction score
Country
United States

I would assume it's the first chapter of volume 23. Volume 22 ends with ..
"Friend" threatening Kenji.

I've put it in spoiler tags ~eni

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Berserk said:

I've put it in spoiler tags ~eni
But wasnt said that 20th CB will end with this last final volume 22? Or am I mistaken o.o ?

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Berserk said:
So you have read v22? :blink

I just remember that v21 ended with ...
Friend started to reveal his evil plans on TV.

des said:
But wasnt said that 20th CB will end with this last final volume 22? Or am I mistaken o.o ?
hm ... well, maybe we just got it wrong and v23 is the final volume (tank release as promised in spring 2007 then?), not v22. But that's not bad at all, since I felt at the end of v21 that there's to much open plot to finish it in just one volume.

kforblack

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Lots of misinformed people in this thread...

In midsummer 2006, 20th Century Boys comes to a halt with Chapter 249. 21 volumes are already out, the remaining 13 chapters up through 249 are due to be collected into Volume 22 in October, according to the announcement that came with Chapter 249. Furthermore, the conclusion to the story is announced as coming next year.

October passes, and Volume 22 is rescheduled for December. It comes out, with Chapters 237-249.

A few weeks later, in Big Comic Spirits Issue #4-5, 2007 (this issue) the first chapter of the 20th Century Boys final arc is published (technically, Chapter 250). That's where we are now.

Get it?

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Thank you for the info, kforblack. That clears it up for me.

kforblack said:
Lots of misinformed people in this thread...
Well, the creditpage of the last scanlated chapter said that we will take a break of 6 months and get the final volume in 2007. I think that's the info most of us had.
So I was surprised about the november release, of course.

kforblack said:
I think, yes. And thank you for taking your time to tell us (with a rude undertone, though :p)