Final Match - 2B vs. Hanako Koyanagi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Match 2B vs. Hanako Koyanagi

Who wins?

• 2B

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Hanako Koyanagi

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

2B
Nier: Automata

Hanako Koyanagi
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
[TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;font-size: 0!important;"]-[/TD][TD="auto%;border-width: 0px;"][/TD]​

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
This final feels so much more peaceful than what we had last year. Quite a contrast. Voted for both Hanako and 2B for many of their matches, and now they‘re both here. :hmm

Both Nona and niichan did great in explaining why they picked these waifus and showed their qualities very well. Will wait some time for my vote, but am slightly leaning towards Hanako for now.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I am voting for the Prussian coloured girl!

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What a lovely 2B

Tbh I'm not sure what else I can say at this stage. If someone here still is unfamiliar with 2B or my campaign posts, I will link them here again:

1. Short appetizer

2. Introduction and other stuff

3. Silly Good Arguments

4. Sophisticated Strategy

5. Somewhat detailed Explanation of 2B's character

I think what I can add is that despite her taking her work/purpose very seriously, she really does care about others quite a lot. And she's never one to judge others blindly, even the machines. Without spoiling anything, there are instances and cases where she could wipe out certain machines, but doesn't, for various reasons. And that's even though all machines are "evil" and need to be eradicated, meaning she got a thinking and empathetic head on her shoulders.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
How did that plain looking librarian get this far?

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Kouka vs 2B was a virtual tie. My vote made a difference but I dont feel very good about it :( oh well...

The great thing about 2B isn't just her individual quality as a character, but the way she complements her world. There's some amazing depth and insanity to the universe of Drakengard/NieR. 2B is one of the several fine pieces standing elegantly on a wonderfully crafted chessboard.

The instant she clenched her right hand after the first mission, I knew a great waifu was upon us!

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This final feels so much more peaceful than what we had last year. Quite a contrast. Voted for both Hanako and 2B for many of their matches, and now they‘re both here. :hmm

Both Nona and niichan did great in explaining why they picked these waifus and showed their qualities very well. Will wait some time for my vote, but am slightly leaning towards Hanako for now.
It's almost too peaceful for a final... I hope people didn't stop caring :pout

Why are you leaning towards Hanako btw, if I may ask? :p
And I think this is too good to not share it

Nier anime when? a silly dream, I know

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
It's almost too peaceful for a final... I hope people didn't stop caring :pout

Why are you leaning towards Hanako btw, if I may ask? :p
And I think this is too good to not share it

Nier anime when? a silly dream, I know
In the end, salt is the best motivator :catshrug

Because of personal preference perhaps. Seems I‘d enjoy spending time with Hanako more. And the volleyball part about her I like too.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Not a White-Haired Mikasa please :lambirb

Oh well, I'll take my time to consider. Say @niichan , in which way would 2B be an engaging and "fun to be with" partner. Im asking you this since that aspect is the one in which Hanako stomps her.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hm she does remind of Mikasa by looks, but that‘s where the similarity to a bad character ends. Looks-wise 2B is better, and while Lambu is right that Hanako seems much more lively to be with, that can also be a bad thing.

Btw @riki Hanako kinda reminds me of Astrid from Atelier. Both looks and personality :lmao

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I dunno, if you consider it fun to constantly bitch with your partner and be carried to otaku events where your girlfriend cosplays as a guy then I find it hard to convince you of 2B's charm :lambirb
You are not answering the question! :cop

But good point, I'll keep it in mind :lambirb

The problem is that I for instance would not like a waifu thats just about protecting me, I want her to be intriguing and playful, someone you can converse and laugh with, stoic and plain girls are just boring in the long run.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
You are not answering the question! :cop

But good point, I'll keep it in mind :lambirb

The problem is that I for instance would not like a waifu thats just about protecting me, I want her to be intriguing and playful, someone you can converse and laugh with, stoic and plain girls are just boring in the long run.
@syx missing the perfect moment to call you a high-maintenance woman :lambirb

Totinona

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'm gonna start off my "one campaign post" (:lambirb) by linking to my previous posts in the other rounds, in case someone might've not seen them.
~Round 2, Round 3, Quarterfinal and Semifinal~

Some short facts about Hanako for the lazy:
Height: 167cm
Interest include cosplay, stage plays, manga/anime and games.
In a relationship with Tarou Kabakura.

Hanako has known Kabakura since high school though it seems like she wasn't very into manga or games at the time. It is safe to assume she was into stage plays though because she has said that Yuuki Amami was her first "2D crush".
Amami is an actual actress that used to be in the Takarazuka Revue in the 90s which is probably why she was classified as being a "2.5 dimension" crush. I'm actually somewhat of a zuka fan myself :lambirb

Hanako in high school

Since this is the final round I will point out why she is a great 'waifu' (again) and that is because she is fun and playful!
She might act a bit stubborn sometimes but she is still very kind and caring.

Some Hanako gems and the like~

Hanako related clip that is also worth looking at:

Since it is the final I might as well slap the rest of the pics I cropped from the manga.
:emobirb

I made so many different versions of this post that it became a bit of a mess in the end.

I urge anyone to check out WotaKoi since my vocabulary might be.. lacking. :XD

The way she lightly bickers with Kabakura is witty and fun to read. As well as her dynamic/interactions with Narumi.

Anyway Hanako is a loveable character and she would make a great waifu and life companion no doubt.

Vote for Hanako!
and thank you to everyone who voted for her since round 2!:emobirb I couldn't have imagined she would make it this far (not because she doesn't deserve it though!)

Last edited:

JellalF

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
im going to believe this is a fight for the 3rd place and the real final match is riza vs kouka, this is just a dream because i can't believe this is really the final match lol, couldn't care less about who wins of the 2

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Damn, what a weird final match. I an thrilled for 2b though, such a great waifu. How is this even a contest? Going by the wikia hanawho's most remarkable feature is being a famous male cosplayer or something. 2B is an ass kicking robot girl that kicks ass with a variety of impractically large swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.