Predictions - 2nd Year Arc Prediction | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions 2nd Year Arc Prediction

JazzMazz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well I guess with so many heroes resigning and hero popularity reaching an all time low, its gonna be the students who might end up reigniting the peoples trust in heroes and hero society in general. This might happen during their second year internships I guess.
That could be interesting. I wonder what the context or situation would be that would facilitate the students taking the spotlight.

Maybe stopping a major villain attack against a city?

Something to show that 'they are here?'
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

vidkid said:
* Deku will learn that One For All isn't the paragon of benevolence that we've been led to believe it is.
That sounds like an interesting development. In saying this though, I think Deku is already aware that a lot of the predecessors were chosen in dire situations.

I think that revelation may be pertinent to Nana, who All Might looks upon quiet fondly due to being his mentor.
vidkid said:
* The traitor will be revealed and manage do something that will permanently put Endeavour out of commission in process
I think that the traitor being revealed makes sense, but I'm surprised you think they're going to do something so drastic so suddenly as well as so soon. I presume this is based on the idea that the traitor would strike while the heroes are vulnerable?

vidkid

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia-Aboriginal
That sounds like an interesting development. In saying this though, I think Deku is already aware that a lot of the predecessors were chosen in dire situations.

I think that revelation may be pertinent to Nana, who All Might looks upon quiet fondly due to being his mentor.
That's true, however what I mean is that the 1st User (and perhaps most of the other vestiges as a result) will turn out to be every bit as extreme as AFO - but with ruthless collectivism instead of the ruthless individualism the latter regularly espouses.

I think that the traitor being revealed makes sense, but I'm surprised you think they're going to do something so drastic so suddenly as well as so soon. I presume this is based on the idea that the traitor would strike while the heroes are vulnerable?
This is more of a guess based on past precedent than anything else (be warned, this goes deep into thumbtack and red string territory).

Something I've noticed is that Horikoshi seems to have a pretty well-established patterns when it comes to his storytelling.

These include a rough story cycle for his arcs (Hero Course Arc -> Hero Course Arc -> League of Villain Arc -> Tournament Arc -> Major Villain Arc -> Repeat) and a reoccurring use of character foils.

My theory is that Hori has a similar pattern going in regards to each "saga" of BNHA and what they deal with.

What I mean by this is that each saga seems to have a series of strong themes:
  • 1st Saga - Motivation and ideology
  • 2nd Saga - (Part 1) Foresight and Planning, (Part 2) Teamwork and Leadership
Something which I noticed was that the aforementioned themes of the second saga were heavily foreshadowed beforehand in the first - especially during it's climatic two arcs, which drastically demonstrated why they were a necessity for both the heroes (Bakugo's kidnapping and the loss of All Might) and the villains (Losing several strong members and their headquarters).

Extrapolating from this, my guess would be that what the third saga will focus heavily on espionage and public relations based on what we have seen so far.

At this point in time, we have seen the villains take a heavy loss due to espionage (Twice, Dr. Garaki and most of the PLF) and the Heroes take some heavy PR losses (Gigantomachia, Dabi and the prison break).

The reason why I believe the traitor (who is probably under AFO's command due to the timing) commit some manner of drastic action is that - if the aforementioned theory is true - the heroes will soon be due for a heavy loss due to espionage and a strong PR win, something which I think lines up nicely with both the fallout a traitor reveal would provide as well as a necessary emotional climax if it turns into its own separate arc (like the Training Camp and Kamino Arcs).

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk