Seinen - A Trail of Blood by Shuuzou Oshimi | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen A Trail of Blood by Shuuzou Oshimi

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Uff,okay,wow. I'm kind of speechless at these developments in these last 3-4 Chapters, Seiko has cut completely loose and Sei has now regained his true and very horrible memories of Seiko as a Mom. Let's break down these 2 Chapters shall we?:

Chapter 79: "Self-awareness"
Sei pieces everything together on his own,it turns out he didn't love his "Mommy" but actually hated her. Hated her more than anything else in the world. Curiously enough as the boy himself has this realization his Mom is being sent into a Psychological Evaluation, because the police cannot establish a proper reasoning or motive behind her actions and crime of pushing down Shigeru. The only thing the woman gave out was that she pushed Shigeru down because it wasn't his face she was seeing but Sei's. In other words,she too has some kind of inner hate for her own child. Why? We don't know yet but put on your seat belts Folks,you all know this is gonna be messed up.

Although the reason may not be hatred in the first place, but perhaps a very twisted form of Love. Going by Chapter 78 we know that Seiko wants to die but she doesn't want to go alone,she wants to go with Seichi. Nobody knows why she wants to die or why she treats her own Family like this,but she said it herself. Expressions in this Chapter were off the charts as usual.

Chapter 80: "Together"
At the end of the previous chapter we can see Seichi decide to go back to School and face the "demons" he left behind there,in other words: his bullies and Fukishi. Doesn't take long for him to be confronted with both parties too, he parks himself on a chair for like 5 minutes and he already spotted Fukishi. Naturally after the recent awkward events between them just eye contact is a hard thing to maintain with her, "thankfully", he doesn't have to. Why? Because the bullies make their re-entrance, pretty gutsy considering Sei beat the Leader up the last time they had a run in, because it turns out that Seiko's case has gone public and was being chewed out by the press. Seems natural,it was a serious crime after all,won't stop the bullies from picking on her kid for it though. As the insults and jabs reach the breaking point Sei takes his bag and leaves instead of opting for violence again, clever boy, as he attempts to leave school grounds he is approached by Fukishi. The girl he left for his mom, sounds weird putting it like that i know, and the girl he made various first experiences with. Coincidentally, most of them were of sexual nature...

Anyway, Fukishi and Sei leave the school grounds and hang out at the River again. Seems like their spot now. Sei thought Fukishi had moved on and found a new guy but it turns out that Sei picked a really trusting and faithful girl there for himself. Because Fukishi reveals that her Dad was left by her Mom when she was really young and she didn't wanna be remotely like her so she will stay with Sei and figure this entire mess out. Together. Fukishi asks Sei if something is wrong with that...well, is there something wrong with that? I don't think so, ironically, now that she said all that i kind of feel bad for thinking this girl was also crazy before. She is just a victim of a broken/divorced marriage plus an alcoholic dad,that's rough on anybody. I'm definitely looking forward to Sei's response to all this and what's gonna happen next.:verily

Note: Cleaning their house would be nice, Sei and his dad were really depending on Seiko to clean and keep everything in order all the time it seems. The modern Man and Son should be able to clean and cook for themselves without making and keeping a mess right?.:grumble
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 81 is out. Very curious what you guys thoughts will be already. :fan

Last edited:

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Nothing like a little matricide to bring two people together..... :m3j I've heard of the punching bag method where you picture someone's face as you punch the bag and it's supposed to be therapeutic. But Fukishi went from 0 to 100 real quick.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Probably one of the weirdest hook-ups i've ever witnessed,but since when is anything that goes down in this manga "normal" am i right? :yodawg
I mean,who reacts to the question: "Hey,do you hate your Mum?",with this?:
Like...did we miss the joke?:XD Guys,you've been treated horribly by your mothers and practically abandoned since early childhood. It's like one of these "Haha,we're so f****d"-laughs i found lol. But all things considered them finally getting together on more mature terms as 2 real people i found bittersweet,they both had troubles and Fukishi wasn't exactly a dream girl to be with but she was mature enough to admit that she did wrong and wants to change.
Though i did not think her first step would be to pull a Matricide Ceremony here and now, honestly not sure if we can actually believe her guys. Best not to for now,or what do you guys think?

Nothing like a little matricide to bring two people together..... :m3j I've heard of the punching bag method where you picture someone's face as you punch the bag and it's supposed to be therapeutic. But Fukishi went from 0 to 100 real quick.
Yeah i think it's a method to treat/overcome Aggression-Issues.🤔

I'm really not sure what she is going to do with that bag now to be honest, will she get a knife and they stab the bag over and over or will they go to a cliff and then throw them down like Seiko with Sei and Shigeru?, Or throw it into the river right away?. Or will they really go and punch the bag? I can't help but feel like it would be too tame for Fukishi to "just" punch a bag.:fan

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I can't help but feel like it would be too tame for Fukishi to "just" punch a bag.:fan
That's the thing I dislike about her. She's always extreme. She'll have the cutest face while suggesting the most ridiculous thing. If she's not trying to sexually assault Sei she's suggesting they run away together and now "let's kill our mothers". Like seriously there's no build up with her. We can blame it on the fact that she was abandoned by her mother, but she seems to have a decent father, one she casually disrespects btw. I honestly thought they were going to take that turn to the healthy. Throwing off the shackles of their mothers and becoming their own person. Let's see if Sei is really ready to change or he'll just let Fukishi pick up where Seiko left off.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
That's the thing I dislike about her. She's always extreme. She'll have the cutest face while suggesting the most ridiculous thing. If she's not trying to sexually assault Sei she's suggesting they run away together and now "let's kill our mothers". Like seriously there's no build up with her. We can blame it on the fact that she was abandoned by her mother, but she seems to have a decent father, one she casually disrespects btw.
I agree, she tends to suggest really pointless things from time to time. Like sure we can run away,no money,no roof over our heads,no perspective or ideas and then when we feel like we hit the barrel's bottom you can try to get "Riding Lesson" at a Riverbank on me(Yeah right...). I mean,no idea she suggests leads to a peaceful place nor personal growth for either of them. He's mentally disturbed to a point where he thought he loved his mom but actually hated her,she hates her Mom for leaving her and her dad but gives the dad a hard time for it. Like what? The man already turned into a drunkard from it,ain't that enough?. She'd better help him first before messing up Sei any more than he already is.:teach

I honestly thought they were going to take that turn to the healthy. Throwing off the shackles of their mothers and becoming their own person. Let's see if Sei is really ready to change or he'll just let Fukishi pick up where Seiko left off.
Until she pulled out the bag and the sharpie i was certain this would be where Sei's Life changes for the better,and it still might,but i guess it depends on what exactly Fukishi plans on doing with that bag and if Sei will do it or suggest something else. He's wax in her hands,she'll likely get what she wants. Which won't be healthy i fear.:(

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chap 82 preview :

:err

I get to see the whole raw, well its a kind of mental ritual where they imaginarly lapidate their mother respectively, its pretty creepy & unhealthy. I used to think Fukiishi could be someone who might help Sei, but now i think she wont at all, shes way too weird, and if he stays with her, i think, he might repeat the same pattern as with his mother.

this pic is creepy :

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Is it tho? I think I laugh more about it when I look at it then finding it creepy XD still no full chapter yet? >3>
Its not the pic per se :arf but the way they picture their mother, the stoning ritual , the way they laugh like psychos, the pic is just summarizing the mood, but you re right creepy is not the right word, grotesque fits better actually :nod

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I get to see the whole raw, well its a kind of mental ritual where they imaginarly lapidate their mother respectively, its pretty creepy & unhealthy. I used to think Fukiishi could be someone who might help Sei, but now i think she wont at all, shes way too weird, and if he stays with her, i think, he might repeat the same pattern as with his mother.

this pic is creepy :
Agreed. This has been my biggest problem with Fukishi. She's no different from Seiko. With that ritual it might seem freeing, but what happens if Seiko doesn't go to jail? There's no guarantee she'll be found guilty despite her confession. If she is released and goes home, will that fantasy become a reality? 🤔

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland

:verily

You know,the last couple of chapters i have been thinking and what if this Manga is all about Seichi being twisted and driven towards insanity and eventually suicide by the women in his Life? First Seiko tried to turn him into a Male Teeny Seiko. Now Fukishi and he want to live on,always together. I acknowledge that them learning how to and actually moving on from their difficult past experiences was a necessity in their personal and emotional development but i cannot help but feel like that the way they reached this growth was just plain wrong.:hmm

This Matricide Ritual felt so...sick and creepy to me. Like,very. I mean who draws the faces of their Moms onto a bag and starts to throw rocks at it while looking like this:
Just look at those genuinely happy and laughing faces of theirs...Fukishi really is a page out of Seiko's book, i should probably be surprised by how easily Sei went along and into this but i'm not. These guys have steered off a little too far for children/teenagers i think.:SOON Let's not forget the images that were shown to us during their enthusiastic Rock throwing Ritual:
Makes me wonder why Fukishi's Mom was not at all shown here since this was about them "killing" both of their mothers together here, or maybe we are supposed to believe that while Sei pictured Seiko Fukishi pictured her own Mom? I don't know, given how extreme and weird this girl is i wouldn't put it past her if this was not just her way to take out Seiko and all of her influence on Sei for good so she would have free reign over him from now.:grumble Considering what happens afterwards,i feel strengthened in my beliefs:
Wow,just wow,if this isn't where some Ladies hearts melted away then i don't know.:hehWhat better way to end a Matricide Ritual other than just kissing the girl and confessing to her, "coincidentally" , she still feels the same way towards him. She will stick to him forever and always,through thick and thin...oh god i cannot wait to see how this goes downhill. We know that Sei never catches a break,i doubt Fukishi is the "cure" his heart needs right now. He needs distance to everything and everyone,apart from his own Dad at least to settle down a bit and process everything but instead he hangs with this crazy chick again...oh boy...let's see shall we? I'm looking forward to it that's all i know. :XD

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
@Belserion It seems your favorite pairing is finally raising. Any though to share? :blush

But srsly tho, I think I prolly have said like twice or thrice ''lol'' when I saw them doing that wtv ritual and then kissing after wards rofl. What a romantic way for doing this, right? xddd It seems the cycle is gonna repeat itselfs lmao.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@Belserion It seems your favorite pairing is finally raising. Any though to share? :blush

What's Sei going to do? Sneak her into his room? These kids need a time out talking about being together always. Seriously how old are they? 12? They've had a hard life, I can give them a break for that. Well actually, Sei only recently realized his mother hates him, otherwise he lived a pretty decent life with her clingy manipulating ways. Even got a meat bun every morning. The point is, I can give them a pass for being emotionally abused, but do they even understand what they're doing? What they're saying? Their twisted, immature version of love is destined to end badly. They don't know what normal is, that ritual is proof of that. They need psychiatric help. Hell, I need psychiatric help from watching them :nah

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Started this recently and I don't know how I feel about it tbh. Seichi seems like a cool character, art is decent, and overall I get this creepy vibe.

I'll keep going as I don't see the need to stop right now.

Ok......and his mom just pushed Shige off the cliff........Rip
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Yep, definitely getting nightmares tonight:

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Just caught up to the recent chapter. Excited to see how Seiki and Fukishi will move on and if they decide to run away together or move schools.

When does the next chapter raws come in?

KimCorrea

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It seems he's not that afraid anymore. Good thing is his newfound confidence to say what he wants to his dad. Sadly, we dont know if it is for the best or the right thing to do.
I know his dad is a little responsible for what happened to his mom but danm, it was sad to see him crying.
Im dad and sometimes we give our best, so overwhelmed with responsibilities and duties that we miss simple things that could show there is something wrong going on.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I honestly have no idea what direction the story will take now, Seichi's dad seemed to be gaining more relevance i thought but it already looks like the focus will be Seichi and Fukishi's relationship again considering that Sei doesn't wanna see Seiko again and adviced the Dad to get a divorce next. I doubt the Dad will go and see her alone, we can tell that the evaluation of her psychology will not be fine and well at least if she speaks and shows her honest self there.
So she will probably get prosecuted for her crime after that, the Dad is broken down already and while all this is happening we can see Sei and Fukishi merrily exchange their future plans.

Even though Sei seems decided and resolved on living a Life he can be fond of with Fukishi, i cannot help but think that this is all going horribly wrong again for him. He never catches a break,something's gotta happen.:grumble

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chapter 84 raw preview (from twitter )

Title 84 : The Call

Will add things if i can get hold of the full raw, strangely we got only those 2 panels, usually theres 3 or4 panesl/pages in the preview.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chap 85 outtoo. well pretty unexpected, dont know if Shigure is losing it or its a trap, but this cppater is pretty creepy, i knew /expected though he was going to bring him there .
beautiful art as usual and fantastic facial expressions.

this spread :wtf

some selected panels :

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Chap 85 outtoo. well pretty unexpected, dont know if Shigure is losing it or its a trap, but this cppater is pretty creepy, i knew /expected though he was going to bring him there .
beautiful art as usual and fantastic facial expressions.

this spread :wtf

some selected panels :

Where is 85? It's not on Mangasee