Theory - Absorbing the Four Graces is 100% possible. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Absorbing the Four Graces is 100% possible.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
As we know, the Ten Commandments are able to be absorbed by key individuals in the Demon Clan (Meliodas, Zeldris and special exception Mael) since they are fragments of the Demon King's power. Each commandment should approximately be worth 5% of the Demon King's power, given that he split 50% of his original power into ten fragments, and made them into curses for several warriors in order to bring the demonic realm under his control.

But let's look at his counterpart in the series, the Supreme Goddess. Now, a lot of individuals in this forum dislike the idea, or are heavily against the theory that the Four Graces (Sun, Flash, Tornado & Ocean) are able to be absorbed in the exact same way. But I protest! :cheez - it makes perfect sense for these divine blessings to be able to be absorbed for a PL boost. After all, let's consider these points:

-The Supreme Goddess is the equal and strongest parallel to the Demon King. It would make sense if she halved her own power by 50% in response to the Demon King doing so as well.

-Ludoshel, even said the Four Graces are similar in concept to the Decree's given by the Demon King.

-The narrative has portrayed the Gods as being equal to each other in power. So, the Supreme Goddess must be at 50% of her original power (just like the Demon King) and done something with that half. For example, how about creating the Four Blessings which would technically be 12.5% of her power then?

-The Four Blessings being 12.5% of the SG's power would make sense as to how they are so powerful, that it made the Four Archangels arguably the strongest fighters in the series. Just look at sunshine, it made Escanor, the weakest character in the series without it, able to fodderize the Demon King's heir with its full power whilst making the other 3AA able to summon pocket dimensions, instantaneously summon an entire ocean, and probably move as fast as light itself. That's incredibly broken, and would make sense if sunshine happened to be 12.5% of her power.

-The Demon King strengthened his best warriors with decrees. the ten commandments. The Supreme Goddess doing the same, to the Four Archangels would make sense. After all, she gave them divine protection which only works against decree's, giving them blessings would make sense as she would want to empower her own strongest military force against the Demon King, and specifically those who they parallel, the TC's

-Mael with sunshine active is untouchable (near peak)

-It would make sense if the blessings were 12.5% of the SG's power. Since when Mael died, the entire Goddess Clan literally committed suicide despite having a previous advantage. Would make sense since they lost their strongest warrior, with 12.5% of their God's power (in the most important form that retained the balance).

-Supreme Goddess not making the Four Blessings implies she's at 100% of her own power, whilst the Demon King isn't. If so, why did the Goddesses ever lose the war? Supreme Deity could solo the entire series herself if her only equal was weakened by half.

-Meliodas said to break the curses, you needed power equal to the Demon King (who is at 50%) or Supreme Goddess (who must be at 50% as well), The SG cursed Elizabeth, and the DK cursed Meliodas. If the SG was at 100%, then Meliodas won't be able to break Elizabeth's curse even after he absorbs all ten commandments.

-The Supreme Goddess has already shown powers or an appearance that is very familiar, if not exactly the same as the Four Blessings. Sunshine? Her face is covered by a sun. Ocean? When killing her own daughter she summoned waves. Tornado? Hurricanes in the background of her killing her daughter, Flash? Probably speed, or lightning (unrevealed power though).

So yeah, absorbing the Four Blessings should be entirely possible, as it fits several narratives and plot points that have been emphasised in the series. Also, it would actually give a chance for the Alliance to fight against the Demon Clan since they have 5C-Meliodas and potentially 4C-Mael. Just think, Meliodas is absorbing 5 commandments (25% of DK), Mael has 4 commandments (20%), and 2 Blessings (Tornado + Ocean = 25%) just became free. Would be a prime time for someone on the alliance side to absorb these two and be able to equivalently fight Meliodas and defeat Mael. Example: Ludoshel, Elizabeth, and Mael (if he becomes good).

TL.DR Four Blessings are able to be absorbed, as it fits the narrative and several plot points of the manga. Each Blessing = 12.5%.

:cheez

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why are you so obsessed with this?

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
All four being absorbed means Escanor loses Sunshine, which im %99 sure wont happen. I think its more likely that several humans get the graces, perhaps Tornado for Howzer, Flash for Gilthunder and maybe Ocean for Griamore or Jerico? Though maybe thats just me wishing for human relevance again.
Otherwise it'd have to be Escanor that absorbs all the graces imo, to engage in some sort of suicide mission or something, because even if someone does undergo some ritual to absorb the Graces properly like what Meliodas is doing, Mel would still finish first, Escanor is the only character i could imagine being an exception to this

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Id argue this is the case. Ludociels explanation should be taken to mean that graces are part of the sg' power imo .

That said, i dont think there is that big a limitation regarding who can absorb commandments. Meliodas and zeldris where believed to be the only ones with the capacity to do it but that was attributed to their strength and talent. I'd say that at a minimum it is conceptually possible that anyone regardless of species could absorb the commandments provided they have the talent and strength from it. Even commandment rejection is something that a potential dk dk candidate can overcome.

Inuhanyou123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
While i would enjoy this outcome for Elizabeth in particular, it doesnt really matter now that Sar and Tar are dead right? The graces have gone poof along with them, and no one will be able to use them

Jackjohsnon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Mael will absorb the four graces. Go go Mael!!

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mael will absorb the four graces. Go go Mael!!
2 of them are already gone, so its impossible...he could only gain sunshine and flash at most

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Sunshine already killing Escanor let alone another Grace. As for Tornado and Ocean just because Tar and Sar died doesn't mean the Graces are gone.

Last edited:

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sunshine already killing Escanor let alone another Grace. As for Tornado and Ocean just because Tari and Sar died doesn't mean the Graces are gone.
If they were not gone, the plot device of Elizabeth absorbing them to beat mael would have been explored. They are gone. We have not seen any evidence of any trace of sar, tar or the graces since they got killed a few chapters ago

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
If they were not gone, the plot device of Elizabeth absorbing them to beat mael would have been explored. They are gone. We have not seen any evidence of any trace of sar, tar or the graces since they got killed a few chapters ago
You really think 25% of the SD power just vanished?

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
@Inuhanyou123 I believe the two blessings haven't just vanished. If Sariel and Tarmiel wanted to, they could probably give them to Elizabeth directly. And I have a feeling they might do, since they respect Elizabeth, and want Mael to be saved or rescued. Plus, they even asked the Supreme Goddess for forgiveness, who else is better to give her power than to her very own daughter? :cheez

All four being absorbed means Escanor loses Sunshine, which im %99 sure wont happen.
Why not? Because it'll make him irrelevant? Sure, if Nakaba doesn't realistically want to do that, then sunshine may be the last grace to be absorbed. I mean, realistically, if the blessings are worth 12.5% of the SD's power then one individual only needs Tornado and Ocean (which are conveniently available right now with no host) in order to rival Mael or Meliodas with their commandments.

Plus, the individual who does absorb the blessings may not even need sunshine and just the other 3 may be sufficient enough. 3 of the blessings should amount to 37.5% of the Supreme Goddesses power, so unless Mael or Meliodas gets almost ten commandments, only 3 are needed.

Also, there may come a situation where Escanor, even with sunshine is unable to do anything. Imagine Elizabeth, Ludoshel, or someone else having already absorbed 2-3 blessings, and Meliodas comes in to fodderize Escanor? The best course of action would be to give that blessing to the grace holder so they can fight Meliodas, since even Escanor is unable to do anything.

Might be just me, but I'm expecting Escanor's ''pride'' to be broken one day (e.g he's defeated heavily in combat). Once his pride is broken, sunshine should be gone as well, especially when it's already killing him.

I think its more likely that several humans get the graces, perhaps Tornado for Howzer, Flash for Gilthunder and maybe Ocean for Griamore or Jerico? Though maybe thats just me wishing for human relevance again.
Normal humans receiving the blessings of a God? I really doubt it. Escanor could handle sunshine since he's a special case, but Howzer, Gilthunder, Griamore or Jericho are just average humans, they would die the instant they received a blessing, as said by Ludoshel in 253.

Otherwise it'd have to be Escanor that absorbs all the graces imo,
When he can barely handle sunshine as it is? IMO, the person to absorb the blessings should be someone with a personal connection to the Supreme Goddess. Only individuals capable of absorbing the decree's were Meliodas, Zeldris and Mael since he's the special exception.

So, the candidates to absorb the blessings should be:

Either one of the Four Archangels, who are the warrior elites of the Goddess Clan, or Elizabeth since she's the only daughter of the Supreme Goddess.

Now, Sariel and Tarmiel are among the weaker side of the angel class, and since they are no longer ''alive'' physically, that leaves only Ludoshel and Mael left.

Mael is evil right now, and may stay like that, whilst Ludoshel (to me anyway) is more deserving of the blessings instead of his brother.

Elizabeth is in a position to save Mael if she absorbs these blessings, and since they are right next to her available + and she happens to be the SG's daughter with unconfirmed PL, I think that's a huge coincidence because Nakaba is going to give them to her.

to engage in some sort of suicide mission or something, because even if someone does undergo some ritual to absorb the Graces properly like what Meliodas is doing, Mel would still finish first, Escanor is the only character i could imagine being an exception to this
That's only if you absorb them the proper way.

If Elizabeth was the one to absorb the blessings, it wouldn't matter that she didn't absorb them properly because she has a deadline for her life anyway. If it takes half a day to absorb them properly, and she has a day left to live, there's practically no point in doing so.

If this happens it'll at the end of the series, not now
I mean... 2 blessings are available, a rampant Mael needs to be saved, Meliodas has yet to be stopped, Elizabeth just made a vow and happens to be the daughter of the SG.

To me, Elizabeth is getting these blessings, I smell it.

While i would enjoy this outcome for Elizabeth in particular, it doesnt really matter now that Sar and Tar are dead right? The graces have gone poof along with them, and no one will be able to use them
I really doubt that 25% of the Supreme Goddesses power just vanished out of thin air.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
@Inuhanyou123 I believe the two blessings haven't just vanished. If Sariel and Tarmiel wanted to, they could probably give them to Elizabeth directly. And I have a feeling they might do, since they respect Elizabeth, and want Mael to be saved or rescued. Plus, they even asked the Supreme Goddess for forgiveness, who else is better to give her power than to her very own daughter? :cheez

Why not? Because it'll make him irrelevant? Sure, if Nakaba doesn't realistically want to do that, then sunshine may be the last grace to be absorbed. I mean, realistically, if the blessings are worth 12.5% of the SD's power then one individual only needs Tornado and Ocean (which are conveniently available right now with no host) in order to rival Mael or Meliodas with their commandments.
Yes, because it would make Escanor irrelevant, but thats just half of it, losing Sunshine would remove his "pride persona", literally half of his character would disappear, and we both know which half everyone loves. Then there is the fact that he would no longer be qualified for being the member of the Sins, which means he not only loses half his character, all of his power and usefulness, but also his title and status within the story, Escanor would be reduced to nothing but a meek, middle aged bartender, the only other feature of his character is his interest in Merlin, hardly enough to keep him as a compelling character, and even if it was, a big part of their relationship is Sunshine. So imo there is absolutely no chance of Escanor losing Sunshine now or even at the end f the story, i dont think Nakaba will leave the story off with fan favorite Escanor reduced to such a minor, useless, uninteresting character.
Plus, the individual who does absorb the blessings may not even need sunshine and just the other 3 may be sufficient enough. 3 of the blessings should amount to 37.5% of the Supreme Goddesses power, so unless Mael or Meliodas gets almost ten commandments, only 3 are needed.

Also, there may come a situation where Escanor, even with sunshine is unable to do anything. Imagine Elizabeth, Ludoshel, or someone else having already absorbed 2-3 blessings, and Meliodas comes in to fodderize Escanor? The best course of action would be to give that blessing to the grace holder so they can fight Meliodas, since even Escanor is unable to do anything.
Absorbing the 3 other graces without Sunshine is possible, but unlikely imo, just feels unnatural to leave it out, to me at least.

In a situation where Sunshine becomes unable to do anything i'd say its more likely that Escanor would recieve the other two rather than him give his up to someone else, he's the only one i can imagine absorbing them immediately without a ritual and without consequences that'd affect the battle.
Might be just me, but I'm expecting Escanor's ''pride'' to be broken one day (e.g he's defeated heavily in combat). Once his pride is broken, sunshine should be gone as well, especially when it's already killing him.
I can imagine him being defeated, but never having his pride broken, imo he'll keep fighting for his pride until he's literally cut to pieces, and after his loss he'll be angry, not shamed, potentially leading to him wanting to improve his already great strength.
Normal humans receiving the blessings of a God? I really doubt it. Escanor could handle sunshine since he's a special case, but Howzer, Gilthunder, Griamore or Jericho are just average humans, they would die the instant they received a blessing, as said by Ludoshel in 253.
They wouldnt die instantly, they should be able to last about as long as Sariel and Tarmiel did in their human hosts, which would be almost as long as Elizabeth currently has to live, logically longer since they dont have the added strain of housing a goddess. If its Howzer, Gilthunder and Griamore, i can imagine them using the graces on a suicide mission of some sort. But like i said, it could just be me wanting humans to be relevant again.
When he can barely handle sunshine as it is? IMO, the person to absorb the blessings should be someone with a personal connection to the Supreme Goddess. Only individuals capable of absorbing the decree's were Meliodas, Zeldris and Mael since he's the special exception.

So, the candidates to absorb the blessings should be:

Either one of the Four Archangels, who are the warrior elites of the Goddess Clan, or Elizabeth since she's the only daughter of the Supreme Goddess.

Now, Sariel and Tarmiel are among the weaker side of the angel class, and since they are no longer ''alive'' physically, that leaves only Ludoshel and Mael left.

Mael is evil right now, and may stay like that, whilst Ludoshel (to me anyway) is more deserving of the blessings instead of his brother.

Elizabeth is in a position to save Mael if she absorbs these blessings, and since they are right next to her available + and she happens to be the SG's daughter with unconfirmed PL, I think that's a huge coincidence because Nakaba is going to give them to her.
Yes, as you said Escanor is a special human, and because he is special he is the only character who i can imagine being capable of absorbing them without a ritual.
The demon king was considering giving 50% of his power to a single soldier, which means that Mel and Zel arent the only candidates, for all we know anyone could do it.
Sunshine is killing him its true, but imo its not because he is too weak to handle it, he's had it since he was a small child, i think the Sunshine killing him plotline will be resolved, hopefully with the explanation of Rosa and what makes him special, and that after its resolved he'll be capable of handling Sunshine and potentially other graces.
That's only if you absorb them the proper way.

If Elizabeth was the one to absorb the blessings, it wouldn't matter that she didn't absorb them properly because she has a deadline for her life anyway. If it takes half a day to absorb them properly, and she has a day left to live, there's practically no point in doing so.
in the incredibly unlikely event that Elizabeth knows how to absorb the graces, i highly doubt she'll be absorbing them here, Wild shooting out of Hawks eye and oneshotting Mael seems more likely to me. you can read the comments i've made to Udina for my full reasoning but it basically boils down to these points:
-Mael isnt important enough for the graces to be absorbed, if it happens it'll be at the end of the series
-Elizabeth taking the graces and beating Mael's ass with them would take the spotlight away from Gowther, who is obviously being pushed as the lead here.
-With the graces Elizabeth would be invincible to anyone other than Mel
-It wasnt foreshadowed by Sariel
-It'd make her trying to stop Meliodas from doing the same thing completely ridiculous

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
How about a scenario where Meliodas actually absorbs all 4 Graces as bonus for his quest?

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
If the 2 graces are shown to have not disappeared, i will admit i was wrong. but until then..the onus of evidence is on those saying otherwise