Theory - Absorbing the Four Graces is 100% possible. | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Absorbing the Four Graces is 100% possible.

the powerscaller

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Okay first let me confirm that yes graces can be absorbed cause remember when ludo asked escanor to return his grace so yeah also graces are the same as commandments so yeah they can be absorbed.
so here on I'm going to give the four best candidates for absorbing the commandments.
1. Mael
Reasons why he's going to absorb the graces-
1. he absoebed the commandments which were completely opposed to his own power and pretty much controlled it till the forth one.
2. He is strongest goddess except the supreme deity.
3. The equal of meliodas who can absorb the commandments.
4. is said to be the mightiest archangel by many so it won't be a big deal to absorb the commandments.

Reasons why he may not absorb the graces-
Apparently none but one may complain that he already has got so many transformations.

2. Elizabeth
1. she's the daughter of the Supreme deity so yeah she may absorb the graces.
2. she is the equal of ludoshel as said by mael.
other than that nothing else.
Reasons why she isn't going to absorb.
1. she's a pacifist
2. her major reason that is to stay with meliodas but if she absorbs the graces she can't be with him.
3. she is totally not interested in doing something like it after all she opposed meliodas for absorbing the commandments.
4. Nakaba always trashes her and she is also going to be the same as orihime and sakura.
so no she's not going to absorb the graces

3. Ludoshel
Reasons why he is going to absorb the graces -
1. he wants to destroy the demons so he may absorb the graces for this feat.
2. He demanded escanor to return the grace so he want the grace.
Reasons why he won't absorb the graces
1. he isn't the type for absorbing the graces.
2. He doesn't show any grace absorbing vibe or anything like that
3 he isn't that strong for that feat and most importantly He is not in his real body to absord the graces and even if he comes to his real body then still he would have vanished in a few moments.

so from the given facts I'm sure that The graces are going to be absorbed by Mael but many would say that it's Elizabeth but no. because Elizabeth is going to have her own magic as said by Merlin before the war that Elizabeth needs to unlock her magic. so yes she is going to get an power up but not from the graces.
Graces are going to be absorbed by Mael.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I highly doubt the graces are going to be absorbed, but if they ever are, this is the order of likelihood for characters to absorb the graces.

Supreme Deity
DK is obviously going to be beaten first, so the boss after that will have to be an even greater threat, the SD taking back some of her power will make her exactly that.
Escanor
-He's special enough to use the strongest grace for 30 years
-There is no way he is losing Sun to someone else
-Because he's a Sin and Sins>everyone else
-It will help him keep his title as strongest Sin
-His innate magic and what makes him so special is still unrevealed.
Ludociel
-He's the leader of the 4 AA and likely the most experienced with graces
-He's evil and will likely fight the Sins eventually
-Absorbing the graces would make him a big threat to Mel and the Sins even after they've powered up.
Elizabeth
-She's the SD's daughter
-She will likely play a key factor in combating 5C Mel, and having the Graces would give her more power to do that.
-She also dies in 2 days anyway, so unless she absorbs all 4 theres no harm.
Dont think it'll be her tbh, and if it is it wont be more than 2 graces, if she gets all 4 she'd be able to break the curse, which wont happen. And even if her imminent death does make it ok to absorb some of the graces, it still feels weird for her to do what she is trying to stop Mel from doing, even if she only intends to do it partway.
Mael
Mael's time as a major threat is done, and as an ally he'd be too powerful if he absorbs the graces, he'd have to take the lead in the fights he's a part of because he'd be the most powerful. He isnt important enough to get that level of power, he wont be leading any fights, at best he might help out the main cast.
The only way i can see Mael absorbing the graces is if he becomes a hype tool and gets low diffed by Mel or one of the gods, showing just how far beyond 4Grace-Mael they are and how hopeless the situation is.

SkyJockey

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If there was more time in the manga and it wasn’t rushed I’d still like for more Escanor situations, with the graces going to worthy humans that the Sins end up having to find and befriend.

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Even if possible, I don't expect the graces to be absorbed. But just in case, I can't think about anyone other than Escanor. My judgment might be flawed because I really like him, but till now, we saw 2 other confrontations between him and Mel both directly and indirectly. He is the sins' only hope whenever the situation become so dire. A third confrontation would not be less interesting imo.
Here's also a more deductive approach: Ludo asked him to hand over the grace suspecting he's stolen it at a certain time in his life, a wrong guess tbh. We don't know about the relationship between Escanor and sunshine, nor the possibility of extracting the grace from him. We've also seen before, that even his very soul is mixed with the grace which incinerated Melascula's body during their battle. At the same fight, it was confirmed that Ban's soul couldn't use the magic from the sacred tree. On the other hand, It's possible for the AA's to lose their graces as it happened in Mael's case.
A soul fully fused with the magic of sun + 3 Archangels whose graces can be extracted from them = 4G Escanor :gwah
However, I need to say it again, even if possible, it's highly unlikely. The simplest reason is that we are near the end and bringing in such a useless and unnecessary concept would be a very bad decision.
While I like Escanor and what you have written would be cool if that is to happen, Escanor is already dying with Sunshine. Absorbing more Graces would surely kill him quick or just explode him. So I don't think that it is possible for Escanor to absorb more Graces.

Thinking about the current chapters, there's no likely possible candidate to absorb all Graces. We don't even know if Graces could be absorb the same way as the Commandments. And Mael, the one with the right biological body and strong enough to possible absorb all of them, is now pretty much a docile version of his original self considering how many people he had killed and the guilt that accompany it. He won't be wanting more power anytime soon considering that he actually killed two people who obviously loved and cared for him for the Commandments, power.

Elizabeth is a no no, she is not only a pacifist but the least power-hungry character in the series.

As for Ludociel, no matter how hard I think of it he doesn't seem to be the type to steal other people's power and use when he is so sure of himself and his own power. He is too prideful to use another person's power and the Graces also have come from the SD whom he worships and I think that he wouldn't dare take the other Graces without her permission.

Last edited:

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India
Even if possible, I don't expect the graces to be absorbed. But just in case, I can't think about anyone other than Escanor. My judgment might be flawed because I really like him, but till now, we saw 2 other confrontations between him and Mel both directly and indirectly. He is the sins' only hope whenever the situation become so dire. A third confrontation would not be less interesting imo.
Here's also a more deductive approach: Ludo asked him to hand over the grace suspecting he's stolen it at a certain time in his life, a wrong guess tbh. We don't know about the relationship between Escanor and sunshine, nor the possibility of extracting the grace from him. We've also seen before, that even his very soul is mixed with the grace which incinerated Melascula's body during their battle. At the same fight, it was confirmed that Ban's soul couldn't use the magic from the sacred tree. On the other hand, It's possible for the AA's to lose their graces as it happened in Mael's case.
A soul fully fused with the magic of sun + 3 Archangels whose graces can be extracted from them = 4G Escanor :gwah
However, I need to say it again, even if possible, it's highly unlikely. The simplest reason is that we are near the end and bringing in such a useless and unnecessary concept would be a very bad decision.
yeah who knows he may be the son of Apollo the sun God hehehe. ok but seriously I think that the sun grace itself is putting so much of toll on his body so absorbing any more graces would destroy his body but who knows he may be a secret god or something else as mael whom everyone knew as estarossa .
I mean everyone said that he is a very weak hearted and no talented demon so if he absorbs the commandments then he will get destroyed but later it was revealed that he was goddess so maybe as it is being said that escanor would destroyed if he absorbs the graces so who knows his actual identity maybe something else.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I highly doubt the graces are going to be absorbed, but if they ever are, this is the order of likelihood for characters to absorb the graces.

Supreme Deity
DK is obviously going to be beaten first, so the boss after that will have to be an even greater threat, the SD taking back some of her power will make her exactly that.
Escanor
-He's special enough to use the strongest grace for 30 years
-There is no way he is losing Sun to someone else
-Because he's a Sin and Sins>everyone else
-It will help him keep his title as strongest Sin
-His innate magic and what makes him so special is still unrevealed.
Ludociel
-He's the leader of the 4 AA and likely the most experienced with graces
-He's evil and will likely fight the Sins eventually
-Absorbing the graces would make him a big threat to Mel and the Sins even after they've powered up.
Elizabeth
-She's the SD's daughter
-She will likely play a key factor in combating 5C Mel, and having the Graces would give her more power to do that.
-She also dies in 2 days anyway, so unless she absorbs all 4 theres no harm.
Dont think it'll be her tbh, and if it is it wont be more than 2 graces, if she gets all 4 she'd be able to break the curse, which wont happen. And even if her imminent death does make it ok to absorb some of the graces, it still feels weird for her to do what she is trying to stop Mel from doing, even if she only intends to do it partway.
Mael
Mael's time as a major threat is done, and as an ally he'd be too powerful if he absorbs the graces, he'd have to take the lead in the fights he's a part of because he'd be the most powerful. He isnt important enough to get that level of power, he wont be leading any fights, at best he might help out the main cast.
The only way i can see Mael absorbing the graces is if he becomes a hype tool and gets low diffed by Mel or one of the gods, showing just how far beyond 4Grace-Mael they are and how hopeless the situation is.
Elizabeth is not going to absord the graces because her ultimate goal to be with meliodas will be destroyed cause she no longer can remain in the world.
Also her power up is coming in some form of magic as said by Merlin but not by absorbing graces.
Yes you can say that escanor may absorb it cause he's a special case but as we've seen the grace is putting toll on his body and any more graces would destroy him.
Mael is most likely one because he is the equal of Mel also he absorbed three commandments and pretty much controlled it even though the power is completely opposite to his own. and he's the only living archangel in his real body.
He will be a hype tool once he absorbs his former grace sunshine i can obviously see that happening

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
yeah who knows he may be the son of Apollo the sun God hehehe. ok but seriously I think that the sun grace itself is putting so much of toll on his body so absorbing any more graces would destroy his body but who knows he may be a secret god or something else as mael whom everyone knew as estarossa .
I mean everyone said that he is a very weak hearted and no talented demon so if he absorbs the commandments then he will get destroyed but later it was revealed that he was goddess so maybe as it is being said that escanor would destroyed if he absorbs the graces so who knows his actual identity maybe something else.

Elizabeth is not going to absord the graces because her ultimate goal to be with meliodas will be destroyed cause she no longer can remain in the world.
Also her power up is coming in some form of magic as said by Merlin but not by absorbing graces.
Yes you can say that escanor may absorb it cause he's a special case but as we've seen the grace is putting toll on his body and any more graces would destroy him.
Mael is most likely one because he is the equal of Mel also he absorbed three commandments and pretty much controlled it even though the power is completely opposite to his own. and he's the only living archangel in his real body.
He will be a hype tool once he absorbs his former grace sunshine i can obviously see that happening
Generally i would agree, but its still possible, Elizabeth absorbing only half the graces would still allow her to stay in the human world, on top of that it may not actually be her choice, circumstances may just lead her to becoming a host for the graces without her consent. But like i said, i dont think it will happen.

As for Escanor, yeah, even Sun alone is killing him, but Escanor has still yet to awaken to his innate magic(as far as we know) and i highly doubt that by the end of the manga Sunshine will still be killing him. So imo he is definitely gonna find a way to completely master Sunshine, likely even better than Mael ever could, and that mastery could potentially leave him open to absorbing more graces. But yes, as Escanor is now, more graces will probably kill him.

I dont think Mael is important enough to be the one to challenge Meliodas. Sure in the past he was Meliodas' equal, but the time of the goddesses and thus his time, is over imo, now its the time of the Sins and they'll be the ones to handle the major plot points, not Mael. Mael will likely have some subplot with Ludo and Escanor imo, but not much more than that. I am also almost certain that Escanor wont be losing Sun, literally half of his character is dependent on him possessing Sun, and its the half that everyone likes, there is no way Escanor's prideful self disappears by the end of the manga imo, not unless he's dead, which i also doubt will happen.

SD is still the most likely candidate for me, she needs something that will put her above the DK if he is indeed beaten first, and taking back some of her graces would do that.

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India
Generally i would agree, but its still possible, Elizabeth absorbing only half the graces would still allow her to stay in the human world, on top of that it may not actually be her choice, circumstances may just lead her to becoming a host for the graces without her consent. But like i said, i dont think it will happen.

As for Escanor, yeah, even Sun alone is killing him, but Escanor has still yet to awaken to his innate magic(as far as we know) and i highly doubt that by the end of the manga Sunshine will still be killing him. So imo he is definitely gonna find a way to completely master Sunshine, likely even better than Mael ever could, and that mastery could potentially leave him open to absorbing more graces. But yes, as Escanor is now, more graces will probably kill him.

I dont think Mael is important enough to be the one to challenge Meliodas. Sure in the past he was Meliodas' equal, but the time of the goddesses and thus his time, is over imo, now its the time of the Sins and they'll be the ones to handle the major plot points, not Mael. Mael will likely have some subplot with Ludo and Escanor imo, but not much more than that. I am also almost certain that Escanor wont be losing Sun, literally half of his character is dependent on him possessing Sun, and its the half that everyone likes, there is no way Escanor's prideful self disappears by the end of the manga imo, not unless he's dead, which i also doubt will happen.

SD is still the most likely candidate for me, she needs something that will put her above the DK if he is indeed beaten first, and taking back some of her graces would do that.
yeah I agree witb you after all we are only speculating. but yes if Elizabeth wants she can absorb it cause she is the daughter of SD even if she is a pacifist because she has the genes of SD.
Actually the entire goddess clan is nerfed they don't have any innate magic nor anything special except ark.
But I still hold my opinion that mael Is going to absorb the graces if not all at least his own grace sunshine for some time in the manga or maybe at max 2 graces.

it can also be that the one who is going to absorb the graces SD is going to take over him just like laguya

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Escanor can barely handle Sun & y’all think he can take in 3 more ????? Yeah okay

Mael’s the only one talented enough to do so, based on what we’ve seen & he’s the only one who’s body is strong enough

You guys keep forgetting Escanor/Elizabeth is still human & Ludociel doesn’t have a vessel

I doubt the Graces will be absorbed

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India
As for the danfer of Escanor's demise, it's the most legitimate guess considering the established facts. But will he seriously die? No, it's the least possible case for now.

But what I'm saying is that whatever happens to the other three graces, Sunshine is shown to be one with Escanor's soul. It's not simply his magic. According to Galan, magic disappears when its user is dead, at least something like this iirc :hmm. But Sunshine remained active even when Escanor's soul was eaten. I'm is not just fanboying Escanor based on my emotions alone, but on some let's say controversial facts too. I'm saying that if there is to bd a character with all the graces absorbed, it's more likely to be Escanor, who in all likelihood isn't gonna lose his grace and give it to anyone else.

Side note: Although the thread about the person who is gonna absorb the graces, I want to ask if it is a wise decision to begin with. I can't guess what happens when someone combines Sun with Ocean. Will they negate each other? Or there will be some kind of synergistic effect? So, pardon me if it's a bit off topic, but I want to explain another theoretical possibility that has just came in to my mind:

What if instead of one person, two characters absorb the graces? We all saw how Ocean and Thunder were combined with each other several characters ago, and we are gonna see Ludo and Escanor's teamwork in the coming chapters. So there are two of AA here. Mael is not a brainwashed beast anymore, but he still needs power. He can't let the endeavours of his AA comrades to be in vain, and he has to put an end to this stupid hostility and the cursed holy war! Something he's always dreamed of. And in response to his pure will, this time, Sar and Tar gladly give their own graces to Mael to help him succeed in the mission at hand. So we would have a 2G Mael with wrath of enlil as his base power. Imo, Mael's trial was always been closely related to how his power is used, so I don't expect him to lose power at this point and become a useless side character of no power and importance.
Obviously, the second character would own Sun and Flash. In such a scenario, Ludo is more befitting of absorbing the Sun grace. In this case Escanor would try to find another source of power to still remain related. Poor guy!:gwah
bro I'm telling you escanor somehow absorbed the sunshine grace rather than using it as a blessing like other AA. that's why sunshine was mixed with his soul

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
At this point, with the manga supposed to end within a year, I seriously doubt someone will go for the grace absorption route. If Meliodas needs half a day to absorb the decrees, I fail to see someone doing the same with the graces before Elizabeth's curse kicks in.

Not only that, Escanor's one of the main characters. Does anyone seriously believe he'll lose Sunshine? I don't see him taking other graces, since Sunshine by itself is greatly damaging his body.

Ludociel and Elizabeth for now have human bodies, unless they regain their Goddess bodies they can't do it.

Mael might be the only one fit to absorb the graces, however I believe his role in the story to be fairly small now.

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India
At this point, with the manga supposed to end within a year, I seriously doubt someone will go for the grace absorption route. If Meliodas needs half a day to absorb the decrees, I fail to see someone doing the same with the graces before Elizabeth's curse kicks in.

Not only that, Escanor's one of the main characters. Does anyone seriously believe he'll lose Sunshine? I don't see him taking other graces, since Sunshine by itself is greatly damaging his body.

Ludociel and Elizabeth for now have human bodies, unless they regain their Goddess bodies they can't do it.

Mael might be the only one fit to absorb the graces, however I believe his role in the story to be fairly small now.[/QUOT
No I think that mael's role is not done till now cause we all know that Mel and Elizabeth are going to be together by the end of the series so neither Mel or Elizabeth are going to become the demon king or supreme deity.
so zeldris may become the demon king along with his queen as gelda and remember mael always wanted to end the war and bring peace so he will lead the goddess clan by being the next supreme deity. cause sar and tar are dead ludo when back to his body would vanish in a moment so mael is gonna be the next SD and judging by his current power he is not fit for being the SD so by the end of the manga he may have absorbed the graces

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Escanor is barely resisting Sun. If he absorbs 3 Graces more, his body's going to explode, IMO. Assuming that absorbing the Graces is possible in the first place then the only ones who should be able to do that are the top tier goddesses like Ludo, Mael and Elizabeth (SD included of course since it's her own power, lol). I don't think Mael is going to absorb anything, he already had plenty of protagonism absorbing the decrees and gaining 20 or more transformations. Ludo could probably do it when Mel goes out of the cocoon in a desperate intent to match him, but I also doubt it. Tbh, the ones who have the highest chances of absorbing the Graces are Eli and the SD. Eli absorbing the Graces would make her able to compete with 5C Mel and would also be a pretty realistic chance to stop him (which is what she wants). If the SD ends up being the final villain she could absorb the Graces regaining her full power and making her a bigger threat than 50% DK. To support the notion, in the DC the only ones who can absorb the commandments without going insane are Mel and Zel (childs of a God) or the DK himself, so Nakaba can clearly draw a parallel here.

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India
Escanor is barely resisting Sun. If he absorbs 3 Graces more, his body's going to explode, IMO. Assuming that absorbing the Graces is possible in the first place then the only ones who should be able to do that are the top tier goddesses like Ludo, Mael and Elizabeth (SD included of course since it's her own power, lol). I don't think Mael is going to absorb anything, he already had plenty of protagonism absorbing the decrees and gaining 20 or more transformations. Ludo could probably do it when Mel goes out of the cocoon in a desperate intent to match him, but I also doubt it. Tbh, the ones who have the highest chances of absorbing the Graces are Eli and the SD. Eli absorbing the Graces would make her able to compete with 5C Mel and would also be a pretty realistic chance to stop him (which is what she wants). If the SD ends up being the final villain she could absorb the Graces regaining her full power and making her a bigger threat than 50% DK. To support the notion, in the DC the only ones who can absorb the commandments without going insane are Mel and Zel (childs of a God) or the DK himself, so Nakaba can clearly draw a parallel here.
but unfortunately mael Is going to absorb the graces after all there is no one else in the goddess clan to rule it cause if Elizabeth absorbs the graces then she can't be with meliodas whuch is her main goal and for ludoshel he just can't cause he's not in his real body and even if he goes then he will vanish in a few moments as we saw sar and tar slowly fading. Also mael wanted to stop the war and make peace

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I'd say odds are pretty good that escanor is going to lose his grace meaning that we might see some grace shuffling in due time. Escanor can't actually handle the grace, we have seen it hurt him. He has at the most one or two more fights in him. The next The One might cripple him permanently. As far as candidates for picking up the graces though, IMO the most likely one is ludociel or mael. Either one could IMO handle the daunting tast of absorbing them. Ludociel for his extraordinary power and mael because he was able to mostly handle multiple commandments even though they were rejecting him.

I used to think elizabeth was a strong candidate for this but now that mel's emotions are on their way back to meliodas there shouldn't be a need for this. The issue is what happens now once escanor's body gives in and his grace is up for grabs.

Noelle Silva

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't think graces are absorbable because each has a different attribute unlike commandments which are all of dark attribute .
Also I don't think they need it. It will be interesting to see Elizabeth unlocking her magic, flash suits ludo the best , sariel and tarmiel most likely aren't dead, and sunshine is escanor's.

Noelle Silva

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't think graces are absorbable because each has a different attribute unlike commandments which are all of dark attribute .
Also I don't think they need it. It will be interesting to see Elizabeth unlocking her magic, flash suits ludo the best , sariel and tarmiel most likely aren't dead, and sunshine is escanor's.