Discussion - Against the Gods (ATG) | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Against the Gods (ATG)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I refer to the Pegasus Guy as 'One Trick Pony' :XD
I feel like I should be ashamed of how much I laughed at that.:XD
When the preview pic for the Dragon Girl was initially posted, I thought it was for the Little Empress... my bad. Still looks good though.
After being Dragon Dominated maybe she will make her family change sides?
Probably not going to happen but...she's a red head.. with a whip...:wtf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The rest of the battles are done.

Round 3 Che VS Red Head Dragon Girl.

Ending with Yun Che and her engaging in whip humiliation play.

Round 4 Che VS Evil Flame Swordsman

Flame guy got toasted and Che showed him who's sword was bigger.

Round 5 Che VS Double Spear Wielding Flame Guy

In the ultimate overcompensation showdown. The guy surprisingly made Che go all out before losing miserably.

Round 6 Che VS The Strongest of the Flame Bros

Hilariously taken out in 2 seconds with Dragon Soul Domain combo.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
And with the Dragon Soul Domain, the dragon girls family's reactions were priceless :XD
As a race of true dragons, everyone from the Chiyang Family expressed panic on their faces. Their dragon souls were agitated; they almost wanted to kneel on the ground and begin worshiping.

strixflash

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Which other Chinese novels you guys are reading?

Most popular on Internet are Against the Gods, True Martial World, Long Live the Summons, Tales of Demons and Gods, Martial World, I Shall Seal the Heavens...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What I'm reading and what I think of each.

----------------Teir 1(The great stuff)----------------

- Against the Gods
The best obviously.

- Long Live Summons
The funnest and most different. Pokemon combat in a wuxia world and an absolutely shameless pervert of a protagonist.

- World Defying Dan God

Slow starting(you have to chapter 100+ before things get good, 150+ for it to get great) but fun harem action series where the protagonist isn't reincarnated for once. Has some pretty funny moments too but for the most part you can expect something similar to Against the Gods.

- Otherworldly Evil Monarch
A kind of strange series about a godly assassin who gets reincarnated into the body of a rich idiot in a wuxia kingdom. Surprisingly, it's the second funniest series.

----------------Teir 2(The good to ok stuff)------------

- Shura’s Wrath
LitRPG with a sci-fi/fantasy twist with a strong harem element. Most of it takes place in a game with an absurdly OP protagonist but outside of that there are like aliens and superpowers and all kinds of crazy stuff. Does have a tendency to gets caught up and RPG minutia though and if you have a problem with stories where the protagonist is just fated to win everything it would probably be best to look elsewhere.

- Martial World
Another one in the same vein as Against the Gods and ISSTH but not as quite good. Mainly because the romance/harem aspect straight up sucks.

- Heavenly Jewel Change
A kind of uneven series where the combat system involves jewels(kinda like materia from FFVII). When it's on it's game it's a great read but it can be dull for long stretches of the story.

- Ancient Strengthening Technique

Should have just been called "Milf Hunter" because lusting after ladies 10+ years older than him is all the protagonist does. So mileage will vary with that.

- Transcending the Nine Heavens
Similar in concept to Tales of Demons and Gods but it's as much a political drama as it is an action adventure. I'd say it's better than TDG but not perfect.

Last edited:

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
@Jammin True Martial World is a popular series from the author of Martial World. His novels are popular for world building and reaction chapters. (Martial World was on top list in Qidian charts). I'm guessing you enjoy the face slapping by Yun Che so you would definitely like "True Martial World".

Tales of Demons and Gods: Author lost most of his fans in China as he once again started a new series without concluding the previous one. He rushed his last novel by saying that he would give the series a proper ending in new novel (TDG) but now he's hardly updating TDG as he started a new series with different name.

My favorite Chinese novels are Xian Ni and ISSTH.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The enemies of the Yun family are getting some really rough treatment in this last few chapters. There is no escape from Che's most ruthless weapon.

Just imagine the torture they are enduring. They have to have been sitting in that hall for hours by this point but Che is filibustering them for at least another hour.
Good lord, I feel like every chapter is a cliffhanger because every time I'm thinking "Will the next chapter be the one where Yun Che stops talking?". He is going on and on and on here. The Little Demon Empress must have the patience of saint.:eyeroll

If I were in her shoes I'd have gagged him like an hour ago just on general principle.:amuse

lak213

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
Hey guys, since i was in a little hurry to finish reading i skipped few contents..even chapters at time. I was wondering if i skipped some imformation about Little Fairy and her child?

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hey guys, since i was in a little hurry to finish reading i skipped few contents..even chapters at time. I was wondering if i skipped some imformation about Little Fairy and her child?
No new info on her or their child. Stupid MC is busy in expanding his harem or giving long speeches.

lak213

Reaction score
Country
India
No new info on her or their child. Stupid MC is busy in expanding his harem or giving long speeches.
That's sad. Although i dont really mind the harem but i would have liked it if the author had took care of the matters in hand before moving on to the next arc. Although this arc is pretty interesting also. I guess we will have to wait another 50 chapters until he aquires the golden crow's power and return to sky continent. Thank you for the info.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It was actually really cool during the tournament. Then Yun Che got caught up with the self glorifying "The poor valiant Yun clan" grandstanding for what seemed like forever.

lak213

Reaction score
Country
India
Indeed..and there's so much left.. now going with story it seems not only will he aquire golden crow's power, bloodline also it seems he will become demon emperor(seeing how he always conquers the princess/empress). That will take a little time so we have to wait for him to go back and annihilate phoenix empire. Also it seems he will be joining hands with the person he spared in burning clan.. fen.. something to destroy mighty heavnly sword clan.. And ofcourse little fairy.. I am really looking foward to all this..

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Really hope this doesn't drag on too much longer.

I mean, we know where this is going. He's going to help the empress with her Yin energy problems (*bow chika wow wow*) help her get the crow(and that bit isn't a euphemism...I swear). Probably end up powering himself up big time in the process and get to be the new emperor.

Which is cool and all but what I really want to back to is back in the other dimension. So I'm really hoping Che hurries up with all this. My interest in this realm started to wane pretty much the second it was made apparent that the dragon girl with the whip fetish wasn't going to be a prominent character.:(

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The Golden Crow Spirit is telling the LDEmpress about all of Yun Che's bloodlines and yet Yun Che only gets mad at being called ugly.
Yun Che was furious by what the Golden Crow Soul had said and nearly couldn’t resist jumping up and yelling… Who are you calling ugly! You’re ugly!! Your whole family’s ugly!! All eight generations of your ancestors were all ugly!!
:loool:rofl

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm still laughing at the condition for the empresses power up. Doing the ol' yin sharing 500 times!

The Golden Crow was already coming across a sexest but I'm starting to think he's an old pervert too.:XD
Man, I don't know about this story arc. Really not thrilled with with how it's gone up until this point.

I get that it's building up for one of Che's vengeance rampages, and that will be fun, but where it's been focusing has just not been fun places. The Demon Empress girl is not a hit with me as a character either. All this stuff with the Yun clan and the Golden Crow has been fine but it hasn't resonated with me very well. Now it's building up tension in the other world with the Frozen Cloud Azgard. Like THAT is what I want to get to.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I get that it's building up for one of Che's vengeance rampages, and that will be fun, but where it's been focusing has just not been fun places. The Demon Empress girl is not a hit with me as a character either.
Well, the next time Yun Che disappears for 3 years, she will suddenly become a non-issue... with the exception of Yun Che's 2nd abandoned child.
Come to think of it, it could be his 3rd if the Blue Wind's Empress produced an heir in her off time. Could be an interesting surprise for Yun Che. If so, I can't wait for the commentary from Jasmine :XD

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So I read ahead till Ch.700. There are exciting times ahead and you won't be disappointed though the pacing is extremely slow (just like now).

There is indeed few facepalm moments in which you want to kill characters for their stupidity. The biggest facepalm moment is few chapters ahead:
Duke Ming (the strongest guy besides Little Empress) is able to escape thanks to Little Empress' stupidity. She was showing off by killing Ming's clan and he runned away with promise of vengeance.

On other hand Jasmine is still an exciting character. I like her commentary on Smooth Che.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So, Sherlock Homes solved the mystery, but Moriarty escaped!
What are we going to do about closure now?

I bet Moriarty escaped via the Channel Tunnel to France, the land that the English hate.
Well, back to Blue Wind. Finally. Maybe it would be more appropriate to have his visitors explore the Ark for the next week or so while he cleans up the mess in his home.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Man, am I glad for that!

It'll be fun to see the Che in full rampage mode again. Especially now that he's probably insanely strong relative to the rest of blue wind.

My postmortem on the last arc is that it was not good. It started really strong. I loved that tournament and the setup of coming back but the focus one the Demon Empress loli didn't do it for me.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Speaking of loli's, Hong'er is really not 'cost effective' in my opinion... I'm referring to her extreme heavyness. Sure she is powerful, but such a heavy sword is actually too heavy. She exhausts him to use it. He should probably use that other heavy sword he just got for most fights and only pull out Hong'er for 'special occasions' like fighting Monarchs. The new sword he just got is much less heavy so it won't exhaust him so much with all the fighting he has to do.

.... not to mention that if he feeds it to her, she will get MUCH HEAVIER.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, he's probably not going to need a sword for most of what's coming next.

I forget how the power levels in the Blue Wind were and where Che is on that scale after all this time but him coming back here now should be a lot like in an old JRPG where you return to the starting area where enemies are like lvl 1-3 with an endgame character that is like level 70. I'm expecting this to be the most one sided battle we've seen in a long time.:XD