Hangout - Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

• Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maryam mohamed

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
YOUUUUU GUYS I AM SCARED WHERE THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING.

IS IT WEIRD FOR SOOWON NOT TO BE THERE AND THAN THE SKY TRIBE IS THERE ADMIRING HAK TRAIN. I SWEAR TO GOD IF THEY SWAP SIDES I AM DROPPING THIS MANGA. HOW IS SOOWON NEVER PRESENT AND HE IS LOSING SUPPORTERS , I ALREADY KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING AND I AM DREADING IT. I NEED A PLOT TWIST OR SOMETHING, CAUSE ITS GETTING REPETITIVE.....AT LEAST THE GUY WHO HAS YONA IS INTERESTING. IF SHE "wins" HIM OVER .....EUUHHSHJSAHASHCLAHI

Trjpyo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
The fanbook seems interesting. Who would’ve thought il and yuhon were such millenials? Marrying/ having children at almost 40 years of age.

Last edited:

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
The fanbook seems interesting. Who would’ve thought il and yuhon were such millenials? Marrying/ having children at almost 40 years of age.
I haven´t seen the pages yet that confirm that King Il and Yu hon married late...as far as I could read it, it is only clear that they both had their children very late...
Which is interesting...why?

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I haven´t seen the pages yet that confirm that King Il and Yu hon married late...as far as I could read it, it is only clear that they both had their children very late...
Which is interesting...why?
Oh, i just assumed they married also around that time since contraceptives are hard to come by in those days. And their wives had to be at least 10 yrs younger.

Usually, the heir apparent marries early (the usual 19 yrs-25 yrs old) to secure the line. This kinda implies yuhon wasnt serious about the throne.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Oh, i just assumed they married also around that time since contraceptives are hard to come by in those days. And their wives had to be at least 10 yrs younger.

Usually, the heir apparent marries early (the usual 19 yrs-25 yrs old) to secure the line. This kinda implies yuhon wasnt serious about the throne.
Usually in those times the parents decided for their children at a very young age...who they should marry. I think this might have been the case for both Yu hon and Il.
Their father would have loved to wish to bind certain nobles or even kingdoms to the royal family of Kouka.

Except for contraceptives ( even in old egypt there were some ways to prevent getting pregnant by the way) there are other reasons why somebody has no children.
In Yu hon´s case it would be that he was often away ( it seems that he fought in many battles), the partners are incompatible..so that getting pregnant is hard...there is a lot of stress....
There is also the possibility that the previous children died....Even among nobles there was no guarantee that the children survived till they hit adulthood.
Therecould be another reason...Yon hi...Soo Won´s mother seems to be ill or has a weak constitution...we do not know exactly why her husband seemed to be so worried about her...This could also come into play why they didn´t have sooner children.
It was maybe just luck that they got Soo Won...
Both Yona and Soo Won seem to be the only children of their family.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Actually, i was wondering about yonhi. Was it ever confirmed shes dead?
The recent chapters got me thinking about the reason why soowon cant be present. Whats so important that he chooses to forego this much anticipated kai battle? The only thing i could think of is something related to yonhi getting much worse with her condition, if shes still alive that is.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Actually, i was wondering about yonhi. Was it ever confirmed shes dead?
The recent chapters got me thinking about the reason why soowon cant be present. Whats so important that he chooses to forego this much anticipated kai battle? The only thing i could think of is something related to yonhi getting much worse with her condition, if shes still alive that is.
I think it was mentioned that the doctor of Yon hi is the mother of Min Soo using present tense, so it seems that she is still alive....But I am not entirely sure.
That is a good idea....but she is hardly ever mentioned...Though she got a name far sooner than Yona´s mother so maybe she does still play an active part...

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Husbando Wars 2018 have begun! Nominate your husbando now!​

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Chap 168.

Well wud ya look at that... this might just be koukas first major setback... hats off to zeno.

I still dont get why hak, kyoga, taejun didnt wear any armor... whats the deal author?
To make haks injury more dramatic?

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
If it is a defeat*, which I hope it is, then great. It is a high time out good characters experienced it. Villains need to outsmart and kick heroes' asses a bit to look like a respectable and formidable challenge.

Besides, by showing how a character deals with difficult strong emotions and a defeat the author can present some good attitudes (like not breaking completely down or at least not for long) to young readers. I doubt that the lives of teenage girls who read this manga and are the target audience is only filled with successes, so showing how characters deal is certainly an occasion to present something meaningful to them if Kusanagi cares about it.

*A Pyrrhic victory would be acceptable as well.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
That slash on haks side couldve been mitigated if he wore an armor. It wasnt that serious tho, at first i thought his insides were stabbed or somethin
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If it is a defeat*, which I hope it is, then great.

*A Pyrrhic victory would be acceptable as well.
I personally prefer a defeat. I loved how zeno and jeaha wooped sky tribe assess. I wanna see some high ranked officers die (preferably judo, the story can do without his presence anyway). I wanna see kouka occupied by foreigners.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Waifu Wars 2019 is coming soon!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It is live! Go nominate your waifu here!

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Does this manga stay a sausage feast apart Yona? Really enjoying it but I'm getting tired of Yona being the only female. Was hoping there'll be a least a couple more females characters even the antagonists are nothing but sausage feast. Wasted chance that 1 of the 4 Dragon wasn't female.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I did laugh at the 'sausage fest' description.

But yea, there's not much else aside from Yona.

A female dragon is something I've never contemplated but that would've been something!

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
I did laugh at the 'sausage fest' description.

But yea, there's not much else aside from Yona.

A female dragon is something I've never contemplated but that would've been something!
I was surprised when all them turned out to be male was hoping Zeno would be female. Guess I shouldn't of read this straight after finishing the Akame Ga Kill franchise.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Manga Wars 2019 are live! Go nominate your favorite manga here!​

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Who here is becoming bored of the story?

Anyway... the overall content of this arc has dampened my supposed excitement of the hakyona confession.

Some things i’ve noticed -keishuk seems to be calling the shots. And who in their right mind would take up the offer of some guy who, some chapters ago, was trying to kill you and your gang just because he gave you praises and what not?
If anyone is damn stupid enough to take that offer i’d just :facepalm

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Some things i’ve noticed -keishuk seems to be calling the shots. And who in their right mind would take up the offer of some guy who, some chapters ago, was trying to kill you and your gang just because he gave you praises and what not?
If anyone is damn stupid enough to take that offer i’d just :facepalm
Actually, I hope she will take it. It would make the story more interesting if Yona wanted to get some answers from Soo-won, going to the castle is an opportunity for her even though it is risky. She may also learn something about her father, mother, Yu-hon or look for the sword and shield in the mausoleum.

I just see her going willingly as the most interesting option.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Actually, I hope she will take it. It would make the story more interesting if Yona wanted to get some answers from Soo-won, going to the castle is an opportunity for her even though it is risky. She may also learn something about her father, mother, Yu-hon or look for the sword and shield in the mausoleum.

I just see her going willingly as the most interesting option.
Dont get me wrong i’d love for something interesting to happen but the thing is yona has no desire for any of that(dad,mom,swrd/shield). Her motivation this time around is ???.
But yeah... soowon+yona+hak+dragons playing house... promising