Spoiler - Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion

Aniela

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I expect the marriage was brought up for some reason. My guess for the worst scenario, will Suwon marry to Yona after her existence is revealed to public.
I don't really see them going through with it, but it might be brought up, as another obstacle for Yona x Hak pairing... Ehh, I'm not super thrilled about it, but we'll live, we'll see, I guess.

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
It seems that Lily is wondering if Su-won does not prefer men, so it looks like yoai fans also have reasons to be happy. Still, a nice hug scene for Su-won & Lily shippers.

Anyway, it seems like this chapter may be ok.

As for Yona and her new worshippers, it still remains to be seen if it amounts to any trouble for her* and anything interesting.

*However, I think it is also interesting as it means troubles for Su-won as well. I would like to see how he is going to face it.

Now, who's this shady bodyguard, I wonder...
I want to know it as well. For some reason I imagine that it may be someone schooled at being an assassin whom Su-won trust, which I think may turn out interesting.

I expect the marriage was brought up for some reason. My guess for the worst scenario, will Suwon marry to Yona after her existence is revealed to public.
Since this is a shoujo manga, I am 99.99% positive that there will be no marriage between Yona and Su-won.

Beleth

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Through Yona is the best girl, I am quite annoyed if KyoGa will be a new Yona worshipper, seriously. Yona doesn't seem to self realized the impact of her Hiryu's self influence. Pretty much like she doesn't care this subject (rumor) around or it is her character not to take other thoughts to her mind, which is contra to her behavior somehow (where she cares of people).

Since this is a shoujo manga, I am 99.99% positive that there will be no marriage betwe
Same as Aniela mentioned, we are pretty sure the marriage btw Suwon x Yona will NOT happen. Still it's shoujo, it's likely to bring up to challenge Yona if she may have to save Suwon or follow her heart to go with Hak. Consequently this will stir Yona x Hak love interest up.

About secret guards, my thought is those who might not meet Lili in person before...and those whom Keishuk khows well and those may relate to iLL assassination. :)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So a shipping moment between Soo-Woon and Lily.

I lowkey shipped them though I can't imagine they will get a happy ending(Especially Soo-Woon).

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Through Yona is the best girl, I am quite annoyed if KyoGa will be a new Yona worshipper, seriously.
I agree. I think things are going too smoothly for her as it is. It would be nice if she failed at something from time to time so that it is not so super obvious if her next move is a success. I hoped that she might fail to save Tea-jun from being exiled, which I think is an acceptable failure for shoujo heroine*, but unfortunately this occasion was not used.

*However, I am not sure if even killing him off would be so unacceptable. If I remember correctly one of the secondary characters was killed in a shoujo-fantasy manga Red River and characters are killed in shounens, which are aimed at the same age group.

Anyway right now I would not mind if there was only some good development for Su-won. I hope this guy will get some real challenges like smart enemies and failures from which he may learn and which make his success not so obvious, weakness to overcome, insight to gain, etc. Even if it means that he, a less important character, gets better development than Yona, let it be.

Yona doesn't seem to self realized the impact of her Hiryu's self influence.
I think this is ok. I think she sees no danger in it, which is plausible. After all, she does not know much about politics.

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I don't care about contexxxttt, at least we got a moment. Kusanagi serving Lili X Soo-Won fangirls :P. They are quite a hilarious pairing.

And my boy Hak looking super hot in the last panel.

Overall my fangirl heart is happy with this chapter.

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
This chapter is pretty ok. The one thing I noticed is that Lily was let go very lightly for what she has done back then, however it still pales in compression with how Yona is avoiding serious consequences of her actions.

On the bright side, it seems that this time Kusanagi did her research and the political turmoil involving Kai sounds plausible so far.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
This chapter is pretty ok. The one thing I noticed is that Lily was let go very lightly for what she has done back then, however it still pales in compression with how Yona is avoiding serious consequences of her actions.
Im beginning to see a commonality. I hate to say it, but soowons character isnt doing as he’s suppose to. Its not yona or lili.

If Im to see it in a cause and effect manner, the xing arc wouldve ended in yonas capture and soowon was in the position to enforce it. He may not be upfront about it, but the moment yona stepped in to kouka territory(after the negotiations), he couldve nabbed her while the dragons and hak were heavily injured bec her stunt during the confrontation was a cause of concern.
Its like he doesnt care...
Even in this chapter where keishuk said it to his face that yonas+HHB presence did this.this.this... he dismissed it as superstition and such.

And lili’s actions underminded his position. Keeping her in the palace is useless bec the damage has already been done. Now the news of the heir to the throne-red haired princess being chased out of the castle is out in the open. Couple that with the news on her being Hiryuu incarnate, its a p.r. disaster. With that in mind, im surprised shes still alive or not in jail.

With everything thats happened im simply wondering... whats soowons rebuttal to all this? I clearly saw a yona vs soowon in the xing arc.

On the bright side, it seems that this time Kusanagi did her research and the political turmoil involving Kai sounds plausible so far.
And here i thought N.kai and S.kai were finally gonna join forces since soowon actually needed both sei and xing military forces.

Last edited:

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
And lili’s actions underminded his position. Keeping her in the palace is useless bec the damage has already been done. Now the news of the heir to the throne-red haired princess being chased out of the castle is out in the open. Couple that with the news on her being Hiryuu incarnate, its a p.r. disaster. With that in mind, im surprised shes still alive or not in jail.
Well, I don’t think the situation is that bad. It was implied that many higher officials already guessed or known the truth behind Il’s death and don’t care. From Su-won’s perspective those are the only people whose opinion and loyalty matters. Peasants and other subjects? They have no political power. It doesn’t matter what they think. Realistically, back in the old days no one gave a damn what they think.

As long as Su-won has the support of those whose opinion really matter, his position as the ruler is safe, but still Lily was treated very lightly.

If Yona will find a lot of followers, they may rise against Su-won and give him some problems, especially if they do it at the same time when other problems appear like an attack from another country. However, the end effect should be a slaughter of these people if they are not well-organized, but I suppose Su-won can be lenient.

Chances that a bunch of badly organized fellows will dethrone Su-won are very slim. Unless there is someone there who can make them well-organized or someone like this appears or Yona co. will start to organize them to kill Su-won.

As for Su-won, it is obvious that he does not want to harm Yona and Hak, which may cause him smaller or bigger problems depending on how the situation will unfold.

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Im beginning to see a commonality. I hate to say it, but soowons character isnt doing as he’s suppose to. Its not yona or lili.
Yeah, Soo-Won letting Lili and Yona go off easily shows he cares about them, which contradicts his feelings towards Yona and unemotional "rational" decisions in the first half of the manga. I don't mind these things because it makes Soo-Won look more human and less stoic, though I feel it will bite him later. Keishuk is already starting to get frustrated. He may rebel if this goes on maybe? Esp if our Yu-Hon half bro theory is correct. Though making him a typical villain would suck.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Well, I don’t think the situation is that bad. It was implied that many higher officials already guessed or known the truth behind Il’s death and don’t care. From Su-won’s perspective those are the only people whose opinion and loyalty matters. Peasants and other subjects? They have no political power. It doesn’t matter what they think. Realistically, back in the old days no one gave a damn what they think.
up until now, the rumors circulating around kouka is about a red haired girl accompanied by the 4 dragons alluding them to people of the foundation myth. nothing is known on who she is.
what lili did during the xing arc was confirm to everybody that the red-haired girl who was thought to be hiryuu is actually the heir to the throne princess yona.
Now, we know for a fact that there are hiryuu followers. i would assume that there are followers who are members of the nobility, military, govt. etc. and commoners from all tribes.
The problem lies in what those followers might think, that yona/hiryuu was robbed of the throne. they'd probably withdraw their support on soowon and thats concerning.
no one cares about king il's daughter but hiryuu has a fan base.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah, Soo-Won letting Lili and Yona go off easily shows he cares about them, which contradicts his feelings towards Yona and unemotional "rational" decisions in the first half of the manga. I don't mind these things because it makes Soo-Won look more human and less stoic, though I feel it will bite him later. Keishuk is already starting to get frustrated. He may rebel if this goes on maybe? Esp if our Yu-Hon half bro theory is correct. Though making him a typical villain would suck.
i guess it goes both ways, it makes him look more human and less stoic but also incompetent who lacks foresight. oh well, if some internal strife in kouka does occur, its mainly bec of his inaction. tho im not complaining bec i like these sort of conflicts.

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Now, we know for a fact that there are hiryuu followers. i would assume that there are followers who are members of the nobility, military, govt. etc. and commoners from all tribes.
So far, apart from Lily and Tea-jun, no one of higher standing seemed to be swayed by Yona. All the people showed up until now were commoners.
i guess it goes both ways, it makes him look more human and less stoic but also incompetent who lacks foresight. oh well, if some internal strife in kouka does occur, its mainly bec of his inaction. tho im not complaining bec i like these sort of conflicts.
Let’s be just. It will be mainly due to the fact that Yona is not keeping her identity secret. Su-won’s lack of reaction is not making it better, I admit, but still, it is not he who reveals that Yona is alive. Zeno and/or Hak should have warned her about possible consequences by now.

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I do feel we are going towards an unwanted split in factions as well and some conflicts, Yona might actually amass a big following.

But that's where Yona's characterisation comes in. She she just wants to do what is best for her country and doesn't want any power. I think we will see her in some uncomfortable situations, maybe even some blood shed over her - because she is being treated like a God and internal conflicts may arise - and then she might realise what she has done by revealing herself and Soo-Won too will realise what he did by letting her go.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
So far, apart from Lily and Tea-jun, no one of higher standing seemed to be swayed by Yona. All the people showed up until now were commoners..
Which is why im excited to see who these hiryuu cult followers are. Now that the hiryuu-red haired girl has been named, im wondering what they’ll do.

Let’s be just. It will be mainly due to the fact that Yona is not keeping her identity secret. Su-won’s lack of reaction is not making it better, I admit, but still, it is not he who reveals that Yona is alive. Zeno and/or Hak should have warned her about possible consequences by now.
Its the leniency. She was maybe bold enough to confront him during the xing arc and risk revealing her identity bec she probably knew from experience that soowon wasnt gonna pursue her after. I have nothing against soowon being lenient towards yona... when she wasnt revealed to the public yet. But if he keeps on being lenient even when circumstances have changed, hes starting to look like a fool whos in denial. I understand that hes a gray character, he was able to pull off justifying murder, but that doesnt mean hes gonna start acting stupid. He has already shown his grayness of character when he was lenient waaayyy before xing arc but now a new development is in, what is he gonna do about it? Where is his rebuttal to all this?

Beleth

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just read through the chapter and it brought me a new idea of the prophecy...
Lili to Suwon : "What? Am I some kind of shield?"
And..
I remember King Il prohibited Yona to take a sword.....:blink
Can I now speculate what if..
Lili is the shield, Yona is the sword, and Suwon is the King...? Oh my..

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
And..
I think Soo-Won is the King, but Yona is the Red Dragon of the prophecy. She is the one who will restore the dawn at last after all. But it could be that she is the sword and red dragon both...

King Il prohibited weapons in general so that may not have a meaning.

Aniela

Reaction score
Country
Poland
And..
I thought about this "shield" part too, though it's not the first time someone called themselves someone's shield, so it may not mean anything...

Still, as I'd see it:
Red Dragon - Yona
Monarch - Su-won
Shield - Lili
Sword - Hak

It just kinda fits their character, though how come Hak could ever come back to Su-won's side, well... I can imagine it, but it'll require a lot of solid character writing, and I don't know if Kusanagi even wants to try to pull it off.

Last edited:

shinobi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Finally read the last chapter!!

Did Lili casually call Suwon gay? lmao :D
Telling her there's no benefit in marrying her, what is this guy!! Also eyeing the 2 sisters but feeling he'll be refused, sure you'll be refused dumbass if you propose like that, sure!! :kappa
About the shield thing I didn't really think much of it, her presence is convenient to him is all. unless I missed something else somewhere.
The most important thing is that Kye-sook summed-up this Suwon x Yona situation, and we still get the same passive attitude from Suwon regarding the matter, unless he's planning on giving Yona the throne after he achieves his goals I can't think of any explanation of why to stubbornly keep avoiding this issue.

Beleth

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sill, as I'd see it:
Red Dragon - Yona
Monarch - Su-won
Shield - Lili
Sword - Hak
I used to think Hak is the sword too! and it's still possible.
I came up with Suwon is really the king, Yona and the dragons are the "sword" team, Lili and the general are the "shield" team.
As far as I can see Suwon effortlessly accomplishes many issues with HHB intervene (as in Awa, Xing, Kai).... So I guess HHB can portray as his sword.
And now Lili is trying to understand him where it could lead her character to be some sort of mentally protection, plus those generals are now really Suwon's hands and guardians lol. I can see the generals are also strengthening Kouka's internal affairs, likewise the country's shield.

I heard the next issue may be a cliffhanger, really? any clue?

lindananahayashida

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I do feel we are going towards an unwanted split in factions as well and some conflicts, Yona might actually amass a big following.

But that's where Yona's characterisation comes in. She she just wants to do what is best for her country and doesn't want any power. I think we will see her in some uncomfortable situations, maybe even some blood shed over her - because she is being treated like a God and internal conflicts may arise - and then she might realise what she has done by revealing herself and Soo-Won too will realise what he did by letting her go.

i think she definitely wants powers.. raw powers.. n soo won wants power of knowledge.. which is harder to get by.. yona has 5 strong body guards that she collected.. who might as well be able to win a war for her through abmush.. while soo won depends on intellect.. he uses tactics n etc..

n all honesty.. soo won n yona are sinilar.. yona killed someone who was doing bad things.. soo won did the same.. both wants to help their country.. n are willing to do what needs to be done for it.. tho they still have their pride..

soo won doesn't want the power od dragon. yona doesn't want to power of throne.. i guess thats just preference.. but they do want power in different ways..

as for soo won letting yona n lily go.. i doubt he would volunteer to kill them as long as theirs a choice.. letting lily go probably has to do with water tribe. as the relationship just got better.. he won the trust.. it won't do any good to capture the daughter n future water tribe leader.. n will only destroy the newly built relationship..

as for yona.. i think its been already shown on multiple occasions that soo only cares about yona n hak at the moment.. he was about to let hak kill him because.. he felt that his actions caused hak a lot of pain at that moment.. he showed trust on hak while saving lily.. he showed that he likes yona.. n acts like a mother towards her.. even tho he doesn't love them as much as he loves his country n father.. these are the only two people Alive he cares about..

i hope soo won x lily doesnt happen.. even tho i like them.. they are very cute. but at the moment.. i think soo won needs a friend not a lover..