Spoiler - Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion | Page 25 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
oh boi

blauwsaffier

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Why why WHY mangaka choose this way. Sorry i can't help but feeling so disappointed with her right now. It's just too cliche...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

THIS.

Soo won's death is inevitable and we all know its coming. But having him dead because of a sudden illness is just not the best way to end their conflict. It's just the easiest. Get rid of soo won without making yona and hak become murderer. Very convenient.

So basically all these years soo won prepare the kingdom for yona and hak. I stan king of charity.
I think soo won will not die, the plant used in awa may be the cure to the illness. It has been hinted several times. Just my opinion. All I hope is for these three to unite to have a great empire.

Y-min

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think soo won will not die, the plant used in awa may be the cure to the illness. It has been hinted several times. Just my opinion. All I hope is for these three to unite to have a great empire.
what...? of course no I don't want them to unite, but I will tell ya that the king is yona What ekso talked about in the prophecy
And of course the shield and the sword are Huck Won,end

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Chap 186...
This has got to be the weirdest chapter to date... soowon, joodoh and keishuk all cooped up in hiryuu castle but apparently none of the 2 dudes know that soowon is sick and only minsoo knows?? Huh?
But u know this kinda reminds me of king tuts tomb. When the sacarphogus was opened, some mysterious illness began killing off the expedition team. Who knows out of soowons curiousity he opened hiryuus tomb and got the disease 🤔

... after reading the chapter, i have a gut feeling the position of king of kouka is ‘cursed’
His mother, as well as Zeno when discussing Hiryu's situation(his apparent development of an immunodeficiency) always described the disease as genetic(I think it's just a poor choice of translation wording in the latest chapters to refer to it as "contracted", the issue was whether some members of the lineage merely carried it, or also developed it. Both mother and child developed it).
The position is likely not cursed, but simply not meant for people lacking true empathy and possessing a faulty bloodline. The last part sounds callous, I know, but history teaches us well that rulers with heavy psychological and or strong physiological faults can't rule properly for a great number of reasons. It's ridiculous that some lie to themselves that such people could even actually build functional empires. Soo Won, just as I've seen it coming, has both issues, which makes me want to flip tables at his "supporters" or even more strongly suspect them of partly puppeteering him into this mess. And yes, I say that while not dismissing his own apparent lack of true empathy and apparent psychopathological behaviour.
1) Ever since the arc where Zeno revealed his dragon ability, Soo Won, along with his supporters, has made it clear as day he's not a suitable ruler for Koka as a kingdom, he's even more ill-suited and inapt at building any empires. I've said it before in other discussions, I'll say it many more times, even with her lack of political and military education, even with her young age and severely different upbringing, and far more limited resources, Yona has been consistently making far wiser and healthier decisions and choices regarding the kingdom, she's proven to be a fast learner, even if she's no genius strategist, but that's why she has that amazing entourage already. The kingdom is actually made of the population, not the land it covers, and all we've technically seen from Soo Won were mistakes reeking of devious face-saving strategies, while Yona and the Dragons, the very entities he swore to prove useless and disavow, were fixing the problems that required immediate solving.

2) If there is anything I resent the mangaka for is never giving us even a handful of pages where Soo Won is actually shown giving orders regarding the investigation of a matter, or a helpful reform, or him actually discussing the solutions for each region's actual bigger problems with the generals. We were told, never shown, that he "was bringing stability to Kouka" much earlier than his even pulling the face-saving moves; yet, every time Yona and her group reached a region, they have something huge to deal with, something the King, with far more resources than theirs, was biding his time in solving, cause he was too busy looking over the fence at the dangerous neighbouring empire's supposed "green grass", and he's even poking them and running back to Kouka forcing his own country's "abandoned by the king he sought to discredit" ethnics to suffer the consequences(around chapter 100).

3) The way Soo Won has been portrayed so far as a villain, not anti-hero, feels consistent, but his being surrounded by such a uniformly blind entourage that tries to pass both his reign and their choices for constructive when both are plain stupid and uninformed(apparently) moves, makes the balance of the conflicting powers too uneven. But at least it could save the storytelling from the stigma of tell-don't show Soo Won's rule's feats by making it look like silly propaganda from his followers. Not very impressive from the mangaka, though.

4) Regarding the whole sword and shield business, I see Soo Won as irrelevant or more of an impediment, since the 4 Dragons and Hak are more than enough to fill those positions, and Zeno can even double by his own little self. :rofl :rofl :rofl

5) If after all the revelations, the mangaka still wants to make Soo Won have Yona/Hak or both as his "heirs", then I expect some serious explanation, and not the cheesy kind, for his change of heart as well as terrible way of "building the foundation" of their reign, cause he's been messing with the kingdom's affairs big time and challenging her for growth and development at the expense of the kingdom...which is a huge no-no in any sane human's eyes.
And he's been doing it while taking huge risks with the same kingdom's safety and integrity, considering the possibility his experiment failed.

6) The senjuso was never described as capable of healing genetic health issues.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Shin-Ah was the hero of the chapter, made me nostalgic, thinking back to the earlier parts of this series where Yona recruited the dragons.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

1) Ever since the arc where Zeno revealed his dragon ability, Soo Won, along with his supporters, has made it clear as day he's not a suitable ruler for Koka as a kingdom, he's even more ill-suited and inapt at building any empires. I've said it before in other discussions, I'll say it many more times, even with her lack of political and military education, even with her young age and severely different upbringing, and far more limited resources, Yona has been consistently making far wiser and healthier decisions and choices regarding the kingdom, she's proven to be a fast learner, even if she's no genius strategist, but that's why she has that amazing entourage already. The kingdom is actually made of the population, not the land it covers, and all we've technically seen from Soo Won were mistakes reeking of devious face-saving strategies, while Yona and the Dragons, the very entities he swore to prove useless and disavow, were fixing the problems that required immediate solving.
I think the difference comes from what we see as readers. Soo-won's feats are not shown as much, sometimes we're told things in Kouka have become 'better' under his rule. Yona on the other hand gets more time to show her stuff, as we should expect, and in the process, grow. In some instances Yona is taking care of things that Soo-won has not. Which is not to say Soo-won is incapable. Nor do I think he's perfect.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm not exactly happy with the motivations for certain characters, and Soo-Won's illness, but I guess there is some opportunity with how the funeral plays out. Soo-Won quickly put the spanner in the works by making it such a grand event, which makes the entering of war at least feel more complex. Soo-Won is as stated buying time, for what we don't know but it could be to make a pre-emptive strike, or similar. And then there's Yona who will be relied upon too.

Y-min

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think next chapter Suwon will meet Hak which is why he is late for the ceremony

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
The white hair chick is up to no good, wonder if her last comment was that of jealousy or if she meant something else.

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
The Akatsuki no Yona fandom seems to be on the brink of death. But pace of the story has become so slow. So it might be no wonder.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I agree, the story has become kind of slow and for me, it kind of killed the hype I had for this series.

That being said, i feel like we are finally making some progress with the last chapters that have come out. The story is moving forward again, and it looks like we are finally going to see some other things besides the battlefield setting.

Soowon seems to be getting more human, more understanding or perhaps accepting of those around him. It's interesting to see how this will develop :3

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The dynamic between Soo-Won and Hak tends to hit harder than Soo-Won-Yona or Yona-Hak, for me.

Soo-Won always looks to Hak when he's in trouble, it's in his bones. He doesn't even understand it. Hak has faith in Soo-Won despite it all, as a reflex he will be there. No matter how much they both tell themselves they can't override the code.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

225 is out on Mangasee.

Very Hak focused. He's can be so passionate with Yona and it's hot. Again, felt a lot more emotion with Soo Won. He can't be cured, but he seems to be realising how much Hak means to him. For a man on deaths door that can be the most precious thing.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'd like to see Hyoo-Ri fight these assassins.

I feel Val and Mei-Nyan needed more build up, mainly because they had/have potential.