Match - Akutsu vs Kirihara | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Akutsu vs Kirihara

Who would kill the other first?

• Total voters

DeidaraGrimmjow

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Zaizen wasn't invited, but Akutsu was. That has to say something.

What does that say? Zaizen was weak. He couldn't do anything...

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
What does that say? Zaizen was weak. He couldn't do anything...
Zaizen was a part of Shitenhouji, which is one of the best schools. Akutsu was a part of Yamabuki, which has Sengoku and that is it. I think that explains itself.

And yea...you do...last i checked you weren't "Word of God" (aka Konomi Takeshi)
Just stop.

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I guess it is pretty much certain that Sanada must be the fastest one with his Rai thing... about Devil Akaya and Aktusu: we just have to wait and hope that they will play. However, if Aktusu also has a Devil inside him, then I guess he will win for sure.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just stop.
Says who? you? the Emperor of PoT information :eyeroll? because for someone parading around with that moniker you'd think you'd be right all the time.

Last edited:

DeidaraGrimmjow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zaizen was a part of Shitenhouji, which is one of the best schools. Akutsu was a part of Yamabuki, which has Sengoku and that is it. I think that explains itself.

So...being part of a good team automatically makes you good? Zaizen was declared a genius, but he could not even return a shot by Tezuka. Now, I'm not saying he is a nobody, but I don't think you can complare the worth of someone being invited just because Zaizen wasn't.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
So...being part of a good team automatically makes you good? Zaizen was declared a genius, but he could not even return a shot by Tezuka. Now, I'm not saying he is a nobody, but I don't think you can complare the worth of someone being invited just because Zaizen wasn't.
You shouldn't judge a character based on one swing of the racquet.

DeidaraGrimmjow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Then what should I base it on? That's how PoT works right? That's like saying in Naruto: "Yeah his jutsu's weak but he a genius you know..." He had a chance to prove himself and he failed miserably. That's all I'm saying...

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Your confusing Anime Akaya with Manga Akaya, Manga Akaya is a damn Sadist, he doesn't hit a weak spot persay he just doesn't want you to move, which is whjy he kept attacking Ryoma's knee

All in all they are both Aggressive baseliners so it comes down to court coverage except Akaya's pretty damn fast himself

If you must know

Akaya was 27 in the last popularity poll, Akutsu was 43
You are right, my mistake.
But my point stands. Akaya hits the person. Akutsu can attack from any angle, so as long as the ball is close enough to him he can hit it.
So he could theoretically hit the ball easily.

Popularity power says Akaya is more powerful. Canon shows him stronger than Akutsu(currently, assuming he didn't improve)

so unless he has a secret weapon/deadly upgrade/ training from hell/Rule of drama, Akutsu is probably going to lose.

But if we assume no popularity, drama or character level is involved, leaving only playing style, Akutsu is going to lose.

I'd put my money on Akutsu though, because I like to bet on the most improbable winner.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oo Sherlock..you are also a frequenter of tvtropes?

They made me rethink Yukimura...he is now officially a magnificent bastard

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oo Sherlock..you are also a frequenter of tvtropes?

They made me rethink Yukimura...he is now officially a magnificent bastard
TvTropes is my bible!

Yukimura is the true magnificent bastard indeed.

Also, thanks to them, every time I see this scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSZeHLlUtxY
I imagine Kirihara saying
"MY NAME IS....INIGO MONTOOOOOOOOOOYA!"

TvTropes also made me like Atobe a lot more, because I now see him as LargeHam incarnate.

...And I laugh at the Gratuitous English of the fake foreigners.
"I suppose you are a..."
what's after "a" is anyone's guess.
It always sounded like "I suppose you are the last assistant in the sky" to me, but a friend insists it sounds like "I suppose that you lost your Resistance game" which makes me think of Kirihara playing ps3. Which is awesome.

Also, I just gotta point out a comment on that youtube video:
Yeah, I totally remember that time Andre Agassi was knocked up against the fence in the Australian Open and went Super Saiyan...oh wait, no, that was just a dream I had after smoking too much pot!
That describes my reaction to that match. But again, RuleOfCool XD.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tvtropes made me realize what a fucked up bastard Atobe is (still love him though)

He's a draco in leather pants, his fangirls ignore the fact that he purposely tried to destroy someones arm, Yukimura is also a draco in leather pants

PoT tropes are awesome...Inui and his batman gambits, Akaya being a blood knight, all of Rikkai being knight templars, Ryoma is a god mode sue

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Akutsu. Ryoma won that match ONLY because he was the main character, Akutsu played better.
Akutsu it's absolutely great

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Akutsu. Ryoma won that match ONLY because he was the main character, Akutsu played better.
Akutsu it's absolutely great
Um no he didn't

You can't go writing off all of the main characters victories has plot devices, Ryoma only had one match where the plot really saved his ass and that was the final.

Akutsu does not play too smart he plays on instinct, that's good but tennis is a tactical game (see Murray, Andy) and Ryoma was more tactical because he practiced, he had the ability to win but not the tactics and this is why Ryoma won.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Um no he didn't

You can't go writing off all of the main characters victories has plot devices, Ryoma only had one match where the plot really saved his ass and that was the final.

Akutsu does not play too smart he plays on instinct, that's good but tennis is a tactical game (see Murray, Andy) and Ryoma was more tactical because he practiced, he had the ability to win but not the tactics and this is why Ryoma won.
Maybe when Echizen loses an official and real tennis means something in PoT, you will be right. Echizen wins, that's that. There is nothing else to it.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ryoma baits Akutsu with a drive A, Akutsu does a poor lob he uses a drop volley, nothing hax about it.

T.a.c.t.i.c.s

Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Let's be fair, Ryoma does have some plot hax in every single match.
But let's be more fair, every single match in the manga has plot hax. Why did Sanada beat Tezuka? Because Konomi wanted to make rikkai look threatening.

So saying that X match doesn't count because of plot hax is like saying that the entire series doesn't count. The entire series is an infinite loop of plot haxes.

So therefore, we should always ignore plot haxes when judging a character's skill.

Because if we really stop to analyze the haxes, then we'll come to the conclusion that Horio could beat Yukimura if it was all up to him and Seigaku was losing 2-0.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol..TV tropes is also your bible right? thus i think a better term than plothax would be "Batman Gambit" .

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lol, good point. Also, I think we should note that people from Seigaku are the only ones allowed to gain a ThemeMusicPowerUp, and that probably counts for something.

Kirihara is the BloodyKnight, but does Akutsu have a corresponding trope?

JyAZ

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just to directly answer the topic of this thread, as far as we know, Kirihara would destroy Akutsu. Who knows? Akutsu might have gotten serious about tennis and gotten twice as good. But minus speculation and looking at cannon, Kirihara would win.

But on another note, there's no proof that Akutsu is better/faster than Kenya. Show me evidence if you want to make that argument. It seems to me that, honestly, most of the things you say are just speculation.

On the Zaizen argument, I believe he's ok, but overrated at the same time. He is considered a genius, but he was embarrassed because he wasn't even close to returning Tezuka's ball. You say that you can't judge his skill based on one swing, but you also can't judge his skill on just his title. Oshitari is called a genius. Do you think that he can stand on par with Tezuka and Chitose? Honestly, I doubt it. So far the only one that I've seen able to hold the title "genius" is Fuji. I may be biased, but I think that everyone can agree he can back that title up.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Let's be fair, Ryoma does have some plot hax in every single match.
But let's be more fair, every single match in the manga has plot hax. Why did Sanada beat Tezuka? Because Konomi wanted to make rikkai look threatening.

So saying that X match doesn't count because of plot hax is like saying that the entire series doesn't count. The entire series is an infinite loop of plot haxes.

So therefore, we should always ignore plot haxes when judging a character's skill.

Because if we really stop to analyze the haxes, then we'll come to the conclusion that Horio could beat Yukimura if it was all up to him and Seigaku was losing 2-0.
It isn't even about the plot. It is about Echizen not being allowed to lose. Konomi wont let him. So how can you even compare the skill of anybody who played against Echizen, who beat everyone in the series? For once I will use a RL situation.

Say Roddick loses to Federer, Djokovic loses to Federer, and Nadal loses to Federer.

Does that mean you can judge a match between Roddick and Djokovic by looking at how they played against Federer? No. You can only look at the playstyle of both players. NOT what happened in the match.

You can't say "Well Federer got Roddick on this drop volley, so that means Djokovic and Nadal will beat him." You can't judge like that. You must only look at how the two playstyles will fair against one another.