Theory - all for one is midoriyas father | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory all for one is midoriyas father

nectar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's probably the fact he never seems to show up or contact the family no matter what happens.

Lil Izuku is distraught he doesn't have a quirk? Nothing.
Izuku suddenly develops a quirk and gets into the top hero school? Not a peep.
Izuku comes in third at the UA sports festival but breaks every bone in his arm twice? Not even a phone call.
Izuku gets taken to the police station after a forced conversation with a psycho? Not even an E-mail asking if he's okay.
Izuku breaks every bone in his arms and legs at summer camp? No reaction.
Izuku get's his provisional liscence? No congratulations.
Izuku helps take down the Yakuzu during his internship, but his boss gets killed? Still no signs of life.

Either Inko hasn't told him anything, or he really isn't interested in what's happening with his son.
You got me there. But, we still don't know his job. Depending on what it is and whether he can contact his family is the deciding factor.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Or simply Horikoshi is not interested in drawing it.

Izuku never speaks badly of his father, on the contrary he does not speak of it, on balance it is as if he did not exist.

Especially since even if he inserted it he would hardly change anything at the level of history.

If Izuku really felt any resentment towards him I guess we would have seen him, instead nothing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Last edited:

Paze

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Horikoshi confirmed Deku's dad will appear. I bet it'll be a gag at the end of he manga.

Paze

Reaction score
Country
United States
AFO did not plan for Deku to get ofa, when shigaraki tells him there was a kid at UA who was as fast as all might he seems surprised, and when fighting all might he tells him he just now confirmed deku was the new holder but had been suspecting it

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't AFO is Deku's father. It wouldn't add much to the story. He already sees All Might as his mentor/father figure. There's no conflict.
Of course it'd add to the story. In fact it'd add quite a bit to Deku's character because he's currently boring as fuck.

There's at least two elements that make me think this theory could be true: AfO and Deku sharing the same doctor and the recent chapter where Bakugo straight up compares Deku and AfO.

Now one important thing to keep in mind is a good story doesn't introduce narrative threads if it doesn't intend to do anything with them. Which means that there's a reason why a character establishes a link between AfO and child Deku, and there's also a reason why Deku having access to multiple quirks was explicitely compared to AfO's power. These things aren't mere coincidences and will be explored in the future if Hori isn't a completely inept writer.

Now it's true that it doesn't necessarily points towards Deku being AfO's son. There could be other explanations, but I find them less convincing. The doc could have lied about Deku being quirkless which means AfO stole Deku's quirk because he found it valuable. I don't see what this adds to the narrative though: Deku learning he had a quirk all along doesn't seem to be a very interesting development. What kind of conflict is it supposed to create? Deku wanting revenge on AfO? Seems pretty lame.

Now remember what I said about Deku being compared to AfO because you've got a potentially interesting conflict here. If you look at the chapter again it's not a simple passing comparison, the whole thing has an ominous feel to it. It clearly already weighs on Deku's mind. Imagine what kind of psychological effect the reveal would have on Deku, not just the fact his father is a legendary criminal, but how his unique power is the result of his ancestry. It directly ties into the theme of identity that's so prevalent in the story and clearly parallels Todoroki's struggle with accepting his origins. It's not an accident if Deku repeats that he'll make this power his own after worryingly reflecting on the similarity with AfO's abilities. It could be a pretty big crisis for Deku and arguably his biggest hurdle to overcome.

Finally, and even if it's not exactly an argument in favor of the theory, this whole thing reminds me of one of the many trainwrecks from the Naruto fandom. I'm an oldfag now and I was already online 10 years ago when one of the most debated plot points was Naruto being the son of the Fourth Hokage. Evidence for the theory was pretty flimsy and plenty of people were very hostile towards it and thought it was nonsensical, but it ended up being true and it seemed obvious after the fact. I wouldn't be suprised if history repeated itself.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Of course it'd add to the story. In fact it'd add quite a bit to Deku's character because he's currently boring as fuck.

There's at least two elements that make me think this theory could be true: AfO and Deku sharing the same doctor and the recent chapter where Bakugo straight up compares Deku and AfO.

Now one important thing to keep in mind is a good story doesn't introduce narrative threads if it doesn't intend to do anything with them. Which means that there's a reason why a character establishes a link between AfO and child Deku, and there's also a reason why Deku having access to multiple quirks was explicitely compared to AfO's power. These things aren't mere coincidences and will be explored in the future if Hori isn't a completely inept writer.

Now it's true that it doesn't necessarily points towards Deku being AfO's son. There could be other explanations, but I find them less convincing. The doc could have lied about Deku being quirkless which means AfO stole Deku's quirk because he found it valuable. I don't see what this adds to the narrative though: Deku learning he had a quirk all along doesn't seem to be a very interesting development. What kind of conflict is it supposed to create? Deku wanting revenge on AfO? Seems pretty lame.

Now remember what I said about Deku being compared to AfO because you've got a potentially interesting conflict here. If you look at the chapter again it's not a simple passing comparison, the whole thing has an ominous feel to it. It clearly already weighs on Deku's mind. Imagine what kind of psychological effect the reveal would have on Deku, not just the fact his father is a legendary criminal, but how his unique power is the result of his ancestry. It directly ties into the theme of identity that's so prevalent in the story and clearly parallels Todoroki's struggle with accepting his origins. It's not an accident if Deku repeats that he'll make this power his own after worryingly reflecting on the similarity with AfO's abilities. It could be a pretty big crisis for Deku and arguably his biggest hurdle to overcome.

Finally, and even if it's not exactly an argument in favor of the theory, this whole thing reminds me of one of the many trainwrecks from the Naruto fandom. I'm an oldfag now and I was already online 10 years ago when one of the most debated plot points was Naruto being the son of the Fourth Hokage. Evidence for the theory was pretty flimsy and plenty of people were very hostile towards it and thought it was nonsensical, but it ended up being true and it seemed obvious after the fact. I wouldn't be suprised if history repeated itself.
The Doctor showing up as Deku's doctor could be multiple things aside from AFO being his dad. It could simply be Horikoshi putting him there because he needed a doctor and it'd be a nice surprise showing Ujiko at his day job. Also, Ujiko is probably the neighborhood doctor. I wouldn't be surprised if he's Bakugo's doctor too. Ujiko's grandson was their friend after all. The Doctor turning his grandson, Deku's friend, into a Nomu is the important plot point.

AFO couldn't think Deku's quirk was valuable because he couldn't know what it is. They were at the doctor to find out why his quirk hadn't materialized.

AFO being Deku's father would be shocking to him, but Toshinori is his father figure. It wouldn't make much of an impact overall. There's no temptation for Deku to "join the Darkside" or anything like that. Yes, it would suck, but he knows the type of guy AFO is. It wouldn't change Deku's feelings about him.

The thing about Deku having multiple quirks like AFO isn't a big issue to me. Especially that he can talk to previous users. He didn't steal anyone's quirk, he's being given the old user's quirks to help fight evil.

And, yeah, you're right about that Naruto example not really mattering lol. Plenty of theories have been debated with some being true while others were false. In terms of story narrative, Toshinori serves as Deku's father. He's inheriting his "father's" power and will grow to surpass him. AFO being Deku's father can't compete with that, hence why I said there's no real conflict there.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But doesn't that make any sense, based on what All For One is Izuku's father?

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Deku's character is really bland he needs some kind of development to change that and AFO being Deku's father would give Deku the development he needs to make his character less bland.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Deku's character is really bland he needs some kind of development to change that and AFO being Deku's father would give Deku the development he needs to make his character less bland.
The problem is that there is no thesis or clue about it, if not fan delusions .....

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, it is all speculation. There is no information that confirms or denies the status of deku's dad in general. All we have is a vague reference from the author that deku's dad is abroad. Other than that all we have is AFO being an asshole and plausibly having used his ability to manipulate people to affect how shigaraki and deku turned out.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
We know that the Izuku dad works abroad.

What else is there to know?

I repeat, apart from some fan-going delirium, there are no signs that lead to thinking that there is a link between Izuku and All Far One.
Other than that all we have is AFO being an asshole and plausibly having used his ability to manipulate people to affect how shigaraki and deku turned out.
That All Far One has manipulated Tomura has sense, after all he is Nana's nephew.

But exactly what kind of reason should he have for wanting to manipulate Izuku?

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
We know that the Izuku Pope works abroad.

What else is there to know?

I repeat, apart from some fan-going delirium, there are no signs that lead to thinking that there is a link between Izuku and All Far One.That All Far One has manipulated Tomura has snes, after all he is Nana's nephew.

But exactly what kind of reason should he have for wanting to manipulate Izuku?
snes? super nintendo?

Because of a potential connection between izuku and nana. Overall what we have is the following:

1.- AFO took an interest in nana's family. And he even used that as a punchline when fighting allmight.
2.- Nana looks exactly like inko. Even allmight is reminded of her. Nana is morbidly obese nowdays but were it not for that they'd be practically identical.
3.- The doctor that diagnose izuku is AFO's doctor. Frankly, the odds of this being an astonishing coincidence are not zero BUT it being a coincidence would be terrible writing. Next thing we know dabi was deku's little league coach, magne was inko's go to plumber and gigantomachia was the neighborhood's dog walker.

As for the reason... same one he had to tamper with inko's family to begin with, to stick it to allmight and probably his brother. The kamino bit showed us AFO is both petty and patient after all.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
1.- AFO took an interest in nana's family. And he even used that as a punchline when fighting allmight.
Perfect, but Izuku and his mother have no connection with Nana. This applies to Tomura

2.- Nana looks exactly like inko. Even allmight is reminded of her. Nana is morbidly obese nowdays but were it not for that they'd be practically identical.
Simple similarity, it is not the first time that happens. Izuku is identical to the student who triggers earthquakes for that matter.
3.- The doctor that diagnose izuku is AFO's doctor. Frankly, the odds of this being an astonishing coincidence are not zero BUT it being a coincidence would be terrible writing
I still don't understand what has to do with it.
As for the reason... same one he had to tamper with inko's family to begin with, to stick it to allmight and probably his brother. The kamino bit showed us AFO is both petty and patient after all.
Do you understand that it doesn't make the slightest sense?

When did All Far One prove to know Izuku and his family?

Why should All For One care about two children without Quirk?

And finally, do you realize that this would ruin the whole relationship between All Migth and Izuku and why it was chosen?

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
snes? super nintendo?

Because of a potential connection between izuku and nana. Overall what we have is the following:

3.- The doctor that diagnose izuku is AFO's doctor. Frankly, the odds of this being an astonishing coincidence are not zero BUT it being a coincidence would be terrible writing. Next thing we know dabi was deku's little league coach, magne was inko's go to plumber and gigantomachia was the neighborhood's dog walker.

Inko doesn't look anything like Nana they don't even have the same hair and eye color.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Come on, they clearly look very much alike. Sure, they aren't clones but the resemblance has been pointed out even by allmight. And this is even with morbidly obese inko, not even younger hotter inko.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And finally, do you realize that this would ruin the whole relationship between All Migth and Izuku and why it was chosen?
Obviously. clearly. And I'd argue this is one of the reasons this would work as a development. BNHA has many flaws, I point them out pretty much every chapter, but when it manages to shine is when it goes dark.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States

Come on, they clearly look very much alike. Sure, they aren't clones but the resemblance has been pointed out even by allmight. And this is even with morbidly obese inko, not even younger hotter inko.
I don't see it.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
So. Maybe one reason that AFO would take Izuku's quirk, assuming he's his son, would be that it was a threat to him. If Inko's quirk is attracting objects to herself, and AFO's power is absorbing quirks, perhaps Izuku's power was a like a quirk vacuum and absorbed them at a distance. Or maybe simply caused them to transfer randomly rather than to himself. It if was either of those or something close, AFO would consider his son's power a direct threat to himself. And if he had such a similar power now, it would be a good reason for his attitude in Tartaros. He wouldn't need to be near his guards to take affect their quirks.

Or maybe it's such a quirk being used to create Noumus. though the Doktor mentioned doing so was now much harder with AFO gone.

Paze

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm surprised I haven't seen people talking that much about the dfo bait in chapter 217.

Bakugo says "it makes you the same as him", then we see deku staring at his hand thinking "all for one's power hmm.."

Then in the last page there is a gap with "it makes you the same as him" repeated again.