Voting - All-Time Mashima - Best Manga | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting All-Time Mashima - Best Manga

Best Manga of all-time?

• Fairy Tail

• Rave Master

• Edens Zero

• Monster Hunter Orage

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
1.Ravemaster all the way
2.Edens zero as it had the best start out of all mashima series imo also its setting and world building surpasses both ft and rm
3.ft is Meh both main manga and 100yq

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I voted for FT, even though I really like EZ as well.

Going to read Rave Master and Monster Hunter Orage soon.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Idk. Fairy tail and Rave are my favorite things. It’s hard to choose between the two. I think individualizing certain characters in the early arcs have Fairy tail an edge over Rave in the beginning and maybe Edens Zero (still too soon to say for it) because by the time Tower of Heaven ended, Gray, Mira, Lucy, Juvia, Erza, Loke, and Elfman were super developed. But early Rave has Tower of Din early that was good. However I personally felt Rave didn’t super pick up until after Reina died and it got progressively better until the truth of Elle was revealed and Sieghart sacrifice his time and sent everyone back to the present with it having a decent climax although the actual ending was such an asspull to bring Haru back for a happy ending. While fairy tail’s story got progressively weaker starting around Edolas even if the story picked up around Tenrou. Sadly it was after Mashima decides to introduced main villains and start promoting a main theme with Achnologia and Zeref that the arcs began to be weird. However I really enjoyed GmG (especially early GMG) and loved Tartaros. So only Alvarez is horrible (and avatar). But it gave us nice things like Irene and Brandish. It has so many asspulls and plot devices that you couldn’t breath. Plus Lucy got horrible treatment that arc. You could tell Mashima didn’t know what to do with the story. Plus a lot of Alvarez was stolen from Rave Master. While Edens zero had a stronger start then Rave and maybe stronger in some aspects then Fairy tail but Guilst arc is one of the worst arcs Mashima has ever written and Rebecca is demoted to basically just a vag for Shiki to eyeball. Plus it just seems to do all the stuff fairy tail got hate for - Quick plotlines, uninteresting villains, fan service. While it’s still in its introduction chapters, I can’t judge actually how the series is since a main arc like Tower of Din or Phantom Lord hasn’t been written yet. Most of the arcs have been a bit like Avatar tbh. Interesting start and then deteriorates because we are just gathering the star shines at the moment. So finding them is taking priority over developing other aspects. So far finding them has been way easier than finding the Rave Stones or Aquarius Key. The world building is fantastic and Mashima seems to really enjoy drawing the space fantasy panels. And as for Monster Hunter, it’s not long enough to be considered but I would suggest everyone read it because it’s great and super short. :SOON:handgun Go do that people!!

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
In my opinoin:

While the beginning of Rave had some of the most silliest and dumbest things happening in its early arcs (not bad, just dumb and silly), the story finally picks up after chapter 30 mark with the quest for the Rave of Knowledge and the battle against Shuda, and then in the next arc with Elie meeting Sieg which resulted in probably one of the darkest moments Mashima has written in all of his works. After that it just gets better and better arc after arc.

Fairy Tail had a better start than Rave but was also silly and didnt super pick up until Galuna which was chapterwise somewhere in its 30s (basically the same as Rave). After Galuna we got the classics like Phantom, Tower of Heaven, Fightning Festival, OS and Tenrou (i consider Edolas to be the weakest big arc of FT before the timeskip). After that i dont know what happened but Mashima dropped the ball with GMG. And then Tartaros was surprisingly pretty dope again lol (not looking at Erza's unbearable moments), but then Avatar and Alvarez was just facepalm after facepalm and there was no recovery.

Edens Zero had probably the best start and had very decent early arcs, but it has yet to have a spike in quality. Its already hit the 50 chapter mark and is still on that same frequency that it was during chapter 1. It doenst get worse, but it doesnt get any better as well, so some people calling it boring is understadable. By the time Rave and FT reached the 50 chapter mark they were already in full gear and were only getting better. So Edens Zero needs to finally gear up and bring some hype, i think its due time.

Monster Hunter Orage is a short but sweet little adventure with a few mini arcs, with cool concepts and world, but had to end pretty abruptly, so the ending fight against Myogaluna wasnt that great. But all in all it was pretty cool.

Voted Rave

Im sad that in the end nobody mentioned Monster Soul, which was decent but like MH had to end very abruptly (even more so that MH). All in all MS had some pretty decent ideas and pretty cool characters. If anyone is interested where Mashima got the idea for the character of Erza you should definitely read it.

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Im sad that in the end nobody mentioned Monster Soul, which was decent and like MH had to end very abruptly (even more so that MH). All in all MS had some pretty decent ideas and pretty cool characters. If anyone is interested where Mashima got the idea for the character of Erza you should definitely read it.
I didn’t like Monster Soul. It was just a basic tag along series using the same themes present in his other stories. The best part was the character that is a mesh of Julia and Erza. Especially when she pulled out her own eye. But it was really bland. Mainly because the main four were already together when the story started.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I didn’t like Monster Soul. It was just a basic tag along series using the same themes present in his other stories. The best part was the character that is a mesh of Julia and Erza. Especially when she pulled out her own eye. But it was really bland. Mainly because the main four were already together when the story started.
I see, yeah thats perfectly fine. I didnt mind the series that much since going in i already knew it was really short and with nothing big to offer, but overall i found the characters ok, with Mamii being the fav like you said. This along with Fairy Tale and Magic Party basically resulted in Fairy Tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.