Voting Round 1 - Alucard vs. Tanjiro Kamado | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Alucard vs. Tanjiro Kamado

Who wins?

• Alucard

• Tanjiro Kamado

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, who knows if 'destroying the universe he is in' would work - as I'm not sure how far his 'everywhere' really extends to

But destroying the 'concept' of Alucard might work, I'm not sure (as his power makes him slippery like an eel) but it'll certainly be possible to argue that once/if he faces someone with those abilities (aka. not Tanjiro)

It's kinda funny that you use this expression since it is similar to the one the judeo-christian god uses as his name when Moses hits that burning bush.
Which expression?
'He just is' or 'choking the chicken' (I must surely assume the first - as I don't think it particularly appropriate for Moses to choke his chicken in any bush [burning or not])

I'd even argue that when it comes to feats the Schrödinger power up is actually a nerf since he got rid of batteries/souls but instead he gained true immortality, which is kinda ironic for him.
If you are referring to the idea of his immortality requiring other people's souls (as in, he doesn't die but a random soul is destroyed each time he should), then I must point out that this was never stated in the manga - and was heavily hinted as not being how his immortality worked

What's sad is that Alucard prizes humanity over all else. He despises the idea of immortality, yet is the closest to being/is actually immortal

Last edited:

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Which expression?
'He just is' or 'choking the chicken' (I must surely assume the first - as I don't think it particularly appropriate for Moses to choke his chicken in any bush [burning or not])
Pretty sure choking the chicken makes you impure but the "he just is" would be similar in translation of YHWY as "I am what I am" or simply "I am". It's nice in reference to Alucard becoming such a being when he was a person betrayed by that god but who has now involuntarily become somewhat similar to that god.

If you are referring to the idea of his immortality requiring other people's souls (as in, he doesn't die but a random soul is destroyed each time he should), then I must point out that this was never stated in the manga - and was heavily hinted as not being how his immortality worked

What's sad is that Alucard prizes humanity over all else. He despises the idea of immortality, yet is the closest to being/is actually immortal
I would say it was not literally soul for soul as he was a, pardon my french, "fuckmothering vampire" but I would argue that he was not truly/completely immortal. He could, at the very least, have let himself get killed had a worthy opponent appeared. If anything Schrödinger upgraded his immortality from godhood to complete immortality.

And yes him becoming immortal is tragic irony.

Hellsing Abridged is the canon history of Hellsing and nothing can change that.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hellsing Abridged is the canon history of Hellsing and nothing can change that.
Just a one-time off-topic bonus for you desin, but I've actually never seen Hellsing Abridged - I tried the Dragon ball one and just couldn't get into it

... that fsking website
:notrust

I think all it's good for is a reference for what abilities a character has shown - their 'levels' and 'limits' are often pure speculation and incredibly unhelpful (especially if one wants to have an interesting discussion) - for example, the limits of Alucard's immortality, before Schrödinger: Alucard was never completely 'killed' before Schrödinger. He was beaten and steaked through the heart by Abraham Van Helsing. He also had his head cut off immediately after he first became a vampire (and therefore possibly had no 'extra' souls inside him?)... but he didn't die

So, I find it hard to judge just how 'immortal' Alucard's immortality actually was beforehand. Especially as there are no characters (vampire or other) in Hellsing [the manga] that one can compare him to. Nothing that sets a firm (or even suggested) limit on his survivability

tldr. Please use that website to suggest a list of powers that a character might/might not have, but don't expect me to unquestioningly buy any of their arbitrary limits/levels without calling you up on that bullshit

Not that you were... You seemed to be just linking me to a page of different levels of immortality... I'm just a little tender from others using websites like those to stymie positive discussion
❤

quick edit - didn't realise it was a different website you had linked to (not this abomination) - don't know the omnibattles website, but still imagine that the above stands

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.