American Politics | Page 634 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So according to trump his social media platform has zero debt and 200 mil in cash. I suppose with it's initial offering the company should be sitting on some cash but you'd also think it'll burn through it quite quickly. Stock has tumbled to 48 which is not half as bad as asshats reporting on it make it out to be. I suppose it's lost nearly half of its value but it's also worth noting the stock should be worthless...

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Different issue but to me it's felt for a while that musk's impact on twitter has been vastly overstated. He did apparently tank the company's revenue stream but he has stuck to his alleged principles on this one at least. It is a shame that he has been utterly ineffective at keeping bots out.
Overstated in what sense? There's been cataclysmic moments but it's still operational now, sure. But there's no denying that from a UI/UX and functionality standpoint, it's worse off IMO. That and the free reign he's given for unbanned accounts, allowed people who posted CP back onto the platform, not to mention every variety of bigot you can think of. At the very least they used to fear reprisal of some sort and shut the fuck up. Not to mention blue checkmark bots under every tweet with even a moderate amount of traffic.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Overstated in what sense? There's been cataclysmic moments but it's still operational now, sure. But there's no denying that from a UI/UX and functionality standpoint, it's worse off IMO. That and the free reign he's given for unbanned accounts, allowed people who posted CP back onto the platform, not to mention every variety of bigot you can think of. At the very least they used to fear reprisal of some sort and shut the fuck up. Not to mention blue checkmark bots under every tweet with even a moderate amount of traffic.
Hmmm, I feel like we have different apps. At least in my experience the stuff I get has not changed meaningfully since musk got the app. I suppose us being in different countries could account for that.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Twitter was kinda bad before Elon, but he somehow took the successful app and turned it into utter shit.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
And truth social is at 40 bucks now... It's still amazing to me that it hasn't tanked faster.

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Trump has a habit of screwing his former partners when they're no longer of any use to him. Trump and his cronies are betting his mom-and-pop fans to buy company stock. As long as they keep the stock price high, Trump will be able to slowly cash out his holdings and make a few billion dollars. With luck, by the time the bubble bursts Trump and his investors will be fully divested at a huge profit. Of course, keep in mind that there's a six-month lockup on the stock following the merger, so Trump can't cash out right away. Even if the merger goes ahead on schedule, there's no telling how much the stock will be worth when the lockup expires.

In other words, the whole thing is a shabby scheme designed to extract millions of dollars from Trump's MAGA fans, who will be left holding the bag when Truth Social collapses. The only losers will be the moms and pops who bought the stock.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Hmmm, I feel like we have different apps. At least in my experience the stuff I get has not changed meaningfully since musk got the app. I suppose us being in different countries could account for that.
Virtually every design decision/change the site has made has been to reduce server calls and load in order to get operational costs down. Features are either hidden away behind hidden menus or things are just plain broken. Can't see a tweet's quotes beyond 20 random ones at any given time. Videos have went to being awful quality to not even playing half the time on mobile.

The bots are full rampage mode unlike anything seen before from my experience. Not to mention this failure of a rebrand that serves no purpose other than to stroke his own ego. A service is so ubiquitous that it has words added to the dictionary on it's behalf and he decides that's not good enough. The site is still mostly usable, whatever credit he thinks he deserves for that, but it's not a better experience now than it was before he bought it.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Anyone see that tweet of Clinton making fun of Trump looking at the eclipse few years ago? People were making fun of her for losing to that idiot. Clinton really needs to stop talking politics, only the delusional Dems and feminists still like her. She and Biden just need to stop talking, and Biden needs to get himself replaced if he really wants the Dems to win.

Imagine the Dems's legacy if Biden loses to Trump in popular vote, when Clinton lost electoral so badly.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Virtually every design decision/change the site has made has been to reduce server calls and load in order to get operational costs down. Features are either hidden away behind hidden menus or things are just plain broken. Can't see a tweet's quotes beyond 20 random ones at any given time. Videos have went to being awful quality to not even playing half the time on mobile.

The bots are full rampage mode unlike anything seen before from my experience. Not to mention this failure of a rebrand that serves no purpose other than to stroke his own ego. A service is so ubiquitous that it has words added to the dictionary on it's behalf and he decides that's not good enough. The site is still mostly usable, whatever credit he thinks he deserves for that, but it's not a better experience now than it was before he bought it.
Hmmm, I've never had trouble loading tweets quotes or videos tbh. Bots are definitely rampant. I suppose the neonazis and such are a problem but in your country though it's not something I see on my twittersphere. I feel like there's no real way to win on that front. Either they get to be on social media or they milk them being "censored" (out of an app whose express purpose is to get adds to the cattle). I think the more significant contribution of musk to twitter so far has been tanking it's revenue string in the end. I still think social media's business model is ultimately incompatible with them being public forums. It's insane to have a public forum where the app is continually driving up "engagement" to sell adds, it's beyond toxic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So apparently there's a chance iran will attack israel. I suppose it tracks that WW3 would start over israel.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Iran did attack Israel, and I hope they take out IOF, if not other Zionists as well. Just hope the innocent citizens are safe.

Also, I hope that the Zionist soldiers returning to their home countries, whether USA, UK, or whatnot, are tried as war criminals aiding in a genocide. There's no way these fucked up people should be allowed to live freely and amongst society when they've happily been hurting, torturing, raping, and murdering Palestinians, even as young as babies.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
No matter how hard i wish this would happen i can't help but think this all is just a theater. Iran is not a good country by any means, Its hard to see them as the heros but lets see how these escalations will lead to.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Apparently it's over for now...

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's not a media or political class thing. Israel is a country that is literally and in every way an ally to the US and EU. Pasletine simply isn't.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Which is why politicians and media are siding with Israel and ignoring their committing genocide. I hope this doesn't turn into another war, we don't need any more innocent people murdered.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I mean, yeah. But it's not an instance of media lying or anything of the sort. It's just countries acting how you'd expect.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It's media omitting facts and being biased, which leads to stuff like how they report the events, which in turn influences citizens. A lot of Dems/Biden supporters think Hamas is the problem and Israel is defending itself, and that Biden isn't a problem, so they'll support Israel and Biden. If they knew Israel is committing genocide and attacking other countries, then they could try to use their power of their votes to stop Biden from helping Israel and make him start holding Israel accountable. Most likely wouldn't happen, or he'd do fishy things behind the scenes but there's a possibility he'd try to stop Israel.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I mean, yeah. But it's not an instance of media lying or anything of the sort. It's just countries acting how you'd expect.
Yeah but the media isn't a country with security interests. Their job is to report facts. Their interests shouldn't align with the US State Department........ wait nvm, that's kind of the norm ever since Reagan, my bad.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
All the videos I saw so far is fake, and the legit sources confirms zero casualties lmao.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States