Software - Anti-Virus Programs. | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Software Anti-Virus Programs.

somehow_here

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I use AVG in combination of Ant-Malware and Commodo. Also I use Advance SystemCare (cleaner and semi-antivirus program) with CCleaner to keep my computer from being clutter up! I hope that helps!

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Advance System Care is nice but I wonder if it really does anything. Once after cleaning the system registry I checked files that were needed (without realizing) for the system and deleted my old Vista games registry. You have to be careful of what you tick with that (customized) when you choose what to clean.

Last edited:

somehow_here

Reaction score
Country
United States
Advance System Care is nice but I wonder if it really does anything. Once after cleaning the system registry I checked files that were needed (without realizing) for the system and deleted my then Vista games registry. You have to be careful of what you tick with than when you choose what to clean.
Most people probable don't need it...it can also erase files that you need. I just like to have something to erase all of the garbage that I left behind. If you plan to use it...make sure that you know what you are doing when you are customizing the program. I don't so I leave mine in default mode. It never erase anything important to me...or nothing I notice. :darn

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I had customized mine and I usually I check the stuff of what the programs finds before I delete things. It's just that once there more files listed than I wanted to spend time checking and I just cleaned everything. :(

Still, I think that program doesn't do anything "relevant". Even after it "cleans /fixes" the system. I hadn't noticed any improvements at all. I stopped using it a while back.

cua_raitei

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Now I'm using SmadAV
It's from my country so i'm proud of using it

pyrobob4

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you are using a legitimate copy of Windows the only thing anyone should even consider is Microsoft Security Essentials. Everything about it has a "just how it should be" kind of feel to it; it doesn't offer any more or less than what you need. It has a reasonably small system footprint (my instance is using 3368K right now, according to my task manager), and it wont ever bug you about updates or buying the full version or renewing or anything like that, cause shits FREE.

Also, this...

As I've said before, the best protection against viruses is knowing what you're doing. Probably around 80-90% of viral infections happen because you as the user did something to initiate it(open an unknown email attachment, clicked a link, downloaded something etc). Rare are the cases where someone voluntarily goes to forcefully implant a virus into your system.

The antivirus only serves once the infection happens, but prevention is better than treatment.
Steer clear of suspicious foreign bestiality sites, kiddies!

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you are using a legitimate copy of Windows the only thing anyone should even consider is Microsoft Security Essentials. Everything about it has a "just how it should be" kind of feel to it; it doesn't offer any more or less than what you need. It has a reasonably small system footprint (my instance is using 3368K right now, according to my task manager), and it wont ever bug you about updates or buying the full version or renewing or anything like that, cause shits FREE.
Yes MSE is a nice default package. For some reason I'm ruining it alongside avast, I haven't the foggiest idea why. :s

TofuPenguin

Reaction score
Country
Australia
AVG is good and Registryfix.

Norton is horrible...doesn't do much.

sener

Reaction score
Country
Poland
i use nod 32 plus comodo firewall plus few antimalware

Last edited:

isrnick

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If you are willing to pay for it I recommend the Norton Internet Security.

I have used it for almost 3 years now, and I love it, he is completely safe, since then I haven't been worried about my computer being infected, and the firewall is awesome, it doesn't keeps asking me what to do all the time and yet protects all communications automatically, blocking attacks when necessary, and is everything in one single packet...

The program is very light too, it doesn't take all the computer resources as in the old times, I can normally play games or to do several tasks at the same time in the computer.

raptor02_2001

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't understand most user dont like Norton .. I use four year with Norton for no problem with my computer but i have to careful to dowload since i got computer virus by trojan horse.. i hate that , worst vrius is Visa Program 2010 is big fake AVG...

I like to use Registryfix for clean up clutter ...

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand most user dont like Norton .. I use four year with Norton for no problem with my computer but i have to careful to dowload since i got computer virus by trojan horse.. i hate that , worst vrius is Visa Program 2010 is big fake AVG...

I like to use Registryfix for clean up clutter ...
Yeah that got me a few months back at my uncle's house, took me a while to sort it out :rant did my head in...

Larrynguyen09

Reaction score
Country
United States
Malwarebytes

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Why use Malwarebytes Larry? :-)

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hate Malwarebytes with a passion. I have the pro-version but I hated how it blocked certain things for me, and I had to changed settings and all. Very annoying, but maybe that's just me.

laoh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Been using NOD32 for a long time b/c it's easy on the resources, although I don't think detection is the highest. Norton and Macafee had sadly become bloatware, HOWEVER, Norton AV 2010 has been totally re-coded and it's super lightweight. I read the reviews, bought it and have been very impressed. It only adds 3 processes and not 10 and very easy on the CPU. If you get Norton, just stick with AV only. Don't get 360 that comes with all kinds of other crap.

Avoid AVG like a plague. Yes it's free but there's a huge price to pay. Your PC will come to a screeching halt and there will be shrapnel everywhere littered all over your PC even after you uninstall it.

Truefan21

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
is bit defender any good

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I use Nod32...the best I've encountered so far

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Tried so many Antivirus programs (Avast, Antivir, BitDefender, etc) but nothing is better than Kaspersky Internet Security for me. Doesn't slow down my PC and the protection is just awesome. I have its 2010 version but 2011 is already out and I heard its even better.