Canon - Asura Zoro vs Jinbe | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Canon Asura Zoro vs Jinbe

Who is the strongest underwater fighter among the straw hats ?

• Total voters

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Battle takes place underwater

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Nice location to give Jimbei a considerable advantage during this fight.

This is a dope Matchup.

I’m leaning towards Jimbei in a High Diff win.
Jimebi’s winning adavantage’s imo is his Speed underwater shouldn’t be matched by Zoro.....Then his FIshMan Karate & HydroKinesis abilities should be buffed or capable to be used in high abundance with some type of field advantage...

This I believe is all too much for Zoro, to overcome. Mostly speed, as I see Jimbei easily evading sure kill attacks able to counter.

Imo it’s not a matter of Asura. Zoro can spank Jimbei w/o Asura. It’s the heavy field advantage for Jimbei that imo gives him the utility to be above Zoro.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Zoro uses his hurricane to trap jimbei and finishes him off, while he is trapped in the current.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
LOL there is no way Zoro can beat Jinbei underwater.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Tbh I hadn't read that the fight was underwater. Zoro would stomp Jinbei in dry land but Jinbei is no Hody Jones. He's not an idiot with a trident. Fighting Jinbei underwater means being at the full mercy of his fishman jiujitsu. And the one thing Zoro is bad at is holding his breath (he lost consciousness twice because of that post-TS).

Mmmh... tough one. Zoro would probably lose, but he probably would still have enough strength underwater to one-shot Jinbei if he got a good hit in.

I guess Jinbei is the more likely winner.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Underwater is a Jinbei win without question. Jinbei was taking on BM outside of water and was doing fair. if Jinbei could block Big Mom's sword slash above water, Zoro has nothing in his arsenal (shown) that puts him over the strongest fishman underwater.

If anything, Zoro can push Jinbei to extreme diff before passing out due to lack of oxygen

On land, still extreme diff but in Zoro's favor.

Last edited:

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Underwater is a Jinbei win without question. Jinbei was taking on BM outside of water and was doing fair. if Jinbei could block Big Mom's sword slash above water, Zoro has nothing in his arsenal (shown) that puts him over the strongest fishman underwater.

If anything, Zoro can push Jinbei to extreme diff before passing out due to lack of oxygen

I believe Extreme Diff means Even fight but your leaning towards X fighter.

Zoro vs Jimbei on land imo wouldn’t be even. Zoro would have trouble but would be the clear and popular vote to win....High Diff

Now underwater, it’s Possibly Extreme Diff maybe High Diff win for Jimbei. He’ll always be faster than Zoro underwater. Zoro as a swordsman has 1hit K.O & his skill has decent AoE. It won’t give him the win though, Jimbei’s speed would overcome it all.

Jimbei wouldn’t just own Zoro. But I don’t See Zoro being able to land a decisive blow with Jimbei having the field advantage.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

Jinbei absolutely wins here but he’s not pushing Zoro to extreme dif on land.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro’s feats against Kaido are vastly superior to any feats Jinbei currently has.
That isn't the discussion tho.

Nothing tells me Jinbei couldn't block Ashura as easily as he blocked a crazed Big Mom. Unless you honestly believe Zoro's swords slashes are stronger than Big Mom's or that Zoro can cut through Jinbei where even Big Mom failed.

Reminder he was simply pushed back and wasn't even scratched.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jinbe shouldn't have that much difficulty dealing with Zoro underwater. Zoro's feats against Hody don't mean much when Hody was barely good enough to have an advantage over Luffy underwater even after he was doped up. Jinbe is in another league entirely compared to him.

On dry land, yeah, Zoro has the advantage and his feats back him up. He's not making sashimi out of him Jinbe, but he'd win after a decent scuffle between the two.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
The way I see it Zoro either Cuts down Jimbe quickly, or he drowns in a few seconds/minutes.

Jimbe wins most often than not.

Buulord

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are we talking like, deep underwater? Jimbe wins.

Shallowish water that Zoro could actually get to the surface of? Still Jimbe but he has to actually try, they both take good damage. Otherwise I don’t see a situation where Zoro wins. Jimbei isn’t weak enough to any hit from Zoro and go down instantly.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Are we talking like, deep underwater? Jimbe wins.

Shallowish water that Zoro could actually get to the surface of? Still Jimbe but he has to actually try, they both take good damage. Otherwise I don’t see a situation where Zoro wins. Jimbei isn’t weak enough to any hit from Zoro and go down instantly.
You really think Jinbe could tank Zoro's yonko-level ap ?

Buulord

Reaction score
Country
United States
You really think Jinbe could tank Zoro's yonko-level ap ?
Jimbei took a blow from big mom no damage who was also using a sword with intent to kill him. I don’t think Zoro is stronger than big mom so I don’t Jinbei would be defeated instantly. As for damage who knows.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Jimbei took a blow from big mom no damage who was also using a sword with intent to kill him. I don’t think Zoro is stronger than big mom so I don’t Jinbei would be defeated instantly. As for damage who knows.
I don't think that was a named attack and BM was weakened at the time and hadn't infused it with AdCoC. She has shown the ability to easily one-shot Tobiroppo-tier fighters with her AdCoC attacks

Buulord

Reaction score
Country
United States
The attack was named Hahaba and was with Napoleon in its stronger form set aflame from Prometheus. While it sent Jimbei into the sea he was able to pop back up within seconds with a counter attack. I’ll grant you that it wasn’t infused with AdCoC but I just don’t see Zoro pulling off that move underwear and Jimbei getting instantly defeated. Zoro only managed to leave kaido a scar with that tech, the guy didn’t even really stop fighting.

Regardless I just don’t see Zoro beating Jimbei underwear. Hody Jones got one shot because he was weak, the guy had to take a massive amount of those steroid pills to even be remotely considered a challenge for luffy. The majority of the challenge in that fight was because it was underwater just like this one. If we wanted to be realistic about it Jimbei just swims away and let’s Zoro drown but that’s boring lol.