Round of 16 - August vs. Erza | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 August vs. Erza

Who wins?

• August

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sharkai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
:yodawgThose who say they don't are the ones who does it most.
Huh, that doesn't make sense
i am not the one claiming jellal is somehow stronger than erza, even though he has literally nothing

And i am certainly not saying saying August ain't irene, even though, they are literally said to be equal.

And in this context all that matters is mp. If Misaki mp is superior to irene, meaning irene can't over ride her dimension. Same thing will happen with August refractor or time stop, since his mp will also be less than Misaki whose mp is less than current erza

Last edited:

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I like how @grey matter is arguing for August (=irene) on one thread and kind of arguing for Misaki (=< erza) in one lol.

I mean if there is a huge power jump in this time skip and irene cant guarantee take over Misaki dimension then August time stop and reflector would be useless against erza
I didn't even argue for Misaki lmao? I was only questioning the assumption that Erza and Misaki are far below Eileen in MP. Just like there is no way to prove the former, there is no way to prove the opposite. That was my only point there.
But Erza tards only see what they want, so what to say lmao? Most unreasonable and biased people here tend to be either Erza tards or Eileen tards..

Funny how I didn't use timestop as an argument, did I?
And yeah, Refractor would counter some of the attacks from Erza. If she puts a lot of her power into it, she would break past it.
But then again, August can also have Ajeel's sand magic (which I mentioned........funny how you didn't mention that huh?), and potentially having superior MP wouldn't help Erza against this at all. Plus the entire arsenal of CS, which includes two MASSIVE speed/cqc buffs - meteor and Racer's magic. August without CIS is a nigthmare, which was why Mashima made him the most retarded

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
And am certainly not saying saying August ain't irene, even though, they are literally said to be equal.
They are equals just like Dimaria and Ajeel are equals. Most of Irene's wank come from Brandish. She is the same one who believes no one in existence can beat those two when there is Acnologia and Zeref.

I am not the one who dreamed up laxus was alot stronger than erza
I know you are the one who dreams the opposite.

I am not the one claiming that this time skip also got the same boost as the last time skips
I don't remember saying this.

Nor am i the one claiming jellal is somehow stronger than erza, even though he has literally nothing
Ok This I believe.

And in this context all that matters is mp. If Misaki mp is superior to irene, meaning irene can't over ride her dimension. Same thing will happen with August refractor or time stop, since his mp will also be less than Misaki whose mp is less than current erza
Did I say Irene has more MP than Misaki? August doesn't need superior magic to beat Misaki. He also has hax. Erza feats are Erza's alone not Irene's. If Irene can do because Erza can then I can say Laxus can oneshot Irene's metoer because Erza and Laxus has same amount of Magic.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
They are equals just like Dimaria and Ajeel are equals. Most of Irene's wank come from Brandish. She is the same one who believes no one in existence can beat those two other each other when there is Acnologia and Zeref
And Mavis
What do you mean, they fought. They were shown to be equal. And only statement we got was laxus improved alot

I don't remember saying this.
Yeah I fixed that post for you

Did I say Irene has more MP than Misaki? August doesn't need superior magic to beat Misaki. He also has hax. Erza feats are Erza's alone not Irene's. If Irene can do because Erza can then I can say Laxus can oneshot Irene's metoer because Erza and Laxus has same amount of Magic.
The statement you replied to was about how Irene might not be able to overcome Misaki dimension, because less mp. And August using refractor being can be useful against erza.

My point was
If Misaki has more mp than Irene
Than current erza has more mp than August
Thus most of August magic would be overcome by erza
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I didn't even argue for Misaki lmao? I was only questioning the assumption that Erza and Misaki are far below Eileen in MP. Just like there is no way to prove the former, there is no way to prove the opposite. That was my only point there
Agreed. But you implied that Eileen might not be able to overcome Misaki dimension. Which means erza would have alot more mp than August.

But Erza tards only see what they want, so what to say lmao? Most unreasonable and biased people here tend to be either Erza tards or Eileen tards
Didn't you vote for jellal in the last round man. A guy who literally has no feats and portrayal. And you voted him above erza. Lol

But then again, August can also have Ajeel's sand magic (which I mentioned........funny how you didn't mention that huh?), and potentially having superior MP wouldn't help Erza against this at all. Plus the entire arsenal of CS, which includes two MASSIVE speed/cqc buffs - meteor and Racer's magic. August without CIS is a nigthmare, which was why Mashima made him the most retarded
I like how you are going in detail, like that matters against a strong opponent. May i ask who would win, Skullion or laxus. After all if erza can't handle August ajeel magic, laxus is gonna be in deep sh!t against skullion (who he already beat)

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
My point was
If Misaki has more mp than Irene
Than current erza has more mp than August
Thus most of August magic would be overcome by erza
August doesn't need to have more MP than Misaki to overcome her dimension thanks to his hax.

What do you mean, they fought. They were shown to be equal. And only statement we got was laxus improved alot
Laxus had the same red lightning from Alvarez. You could say he had a mode in 100 year quest. But Erza also had enchantments. I'll take it as they improved equally.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
August doesn't need to have more MP than Misaki to overcome her dimension thanks to his hax.
--- Double Post Merged, 12 minutes
Erm
Its August vs erza
And
Irene vs Misaki

Laxus had the same red lightning from Alvarez. You could say he had a mode in 100 year quest. But Erza also had enchantments. I'll take it as they improved
That is what I believe
And err
That means I was correct in your post 24
I believe them to be always about equal. Unlike many many people here who invested heavily on.that headcannon

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
A serious August who actually uses his abilities and stolen magic in combat should take this with ease, the dude is more versatile than Zeref and has all the magic from Crime Sorciere, this means Jellal's magic, Cobra's Hearing Magic he can likely predict her movements with this.

If he fights like he did against Gild on the other hand, I can see Erza taking this high diff, if he fights smart, August takes it low diff.

Also, couldn't August just see and negate her Requip, restricting her to just her base arms and armor?

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Yes just like Dimaria and Ajeel are equals.
No point.
He just push agenda as usual without ever taking context or abilities into account. It's willful.

Also, couldn't August just see and negate her Requip, restricting her to just her base arms and armor?
August can negate requip, in the sense he can prevent it from being used after Erza uses it once in front of him. Doesn't mean he will send back what Erza has already summoned, that stays.
Again, depends on if August is powerful enough to do that to current Erza, which is debatable IMO

Either way, August doesn't need to have more MP than Erza to win this. He has an OP combination of powers that he has copied on screen, even ignoring the ones he should technically have (like most Spriggans magic since he has seen them use it)

If August has no CIS, he wins low-mid diff
If August fights like he did against Gildarts, he loses mid diff.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
but what about holder magic against August?
August can't counter her holder type, plus She can Enchante as well now.
Sure Erza is his best counter. Strength, speed, insane durability, Magic he can't duplicate. Hard choice.
What are you talking about? Her magic isn't holder type. She doesn't use anything external to summon her armor and weapons. This is usual caster type magic. She uses her mp to create magic such as dimensional stuff and some telekinesis.
The only holder type things she has is her weapons' own magic such as lightning or water. But that doesn't matter against August cuz he wont allow her to summon anything. And even if he did, he still can undo it or use her telekinesis to grab her weapons.

And I'm not even talking about August own shit that he can pull off such as crash magic, reflector, meteor or anything in the world.

August zero-diff

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Thats quite the spicy matchup :amuse i can see Erza actually doing some damage to August, but honestly no more then Gildarts. He hit August with his finisher Haja Kensei point blank (holder type version which means August could not block it) and the most it did is give August a nosebleed or bloody lip (i dont remember). August has too much going on. Lorewise he should know most of the known magic types in the world, which would be ridiculous, and probably why Mashima had him fight with only magic of his opponents, because how else do you beat him lol (a very "dumb"/disappointing move but what can you do when you create an antagonist like that). So lets say he has only magic from people he saw, reflector, Heavenly body magic, Cobra sound magic, Crush magic, Racer's slow magic .... does Erza stack up to that? (if anyone is wondering i dont think current Erza could beat Alvarez Gildarts)
So no Erza cant beat him, but she can do some damage.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I can't say who's winning this fight it's a tough call but august isn't as dumb as Eileen so he might win tough call

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Requip is a magic that is used on Oneself (Erza uses it to "change" herself), If it is not used ON August, it wont be nullified, He can only Nulify Whats used ON HIM, And even that does not mean his oponent cant use it anymore in a fight (It's not like Rufus's Memory Erase), Including Cobra Hearing him. So no, Erza will change Armours.
Augusts Deference against Swords

PS
Shrugs of Like A Champ, And From A Professional Swordsman.

august isn't as dumb as Eileen so he might win tough call
Than Why wasn't his majesties child loved? :teehee

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
August was caught off guard.

Completely two different scenarios. Irene was on guard.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
No point.
He just push agenda as usual without ever taking context or abilities into account. It's willful.
always so good with context. and absence of agenda

keeps on repeating that erza closed the gap between laxus because context. also had to repeat erza has external buffs

keeps on repeating that irene fell of ds magic because context (mishma doesnt care about nakama)

in erza vs mystogan thread, when called out on mystogan sleep spell was a sneak attack, the man with context brought about msytogan hax is slow.

and as people can see, blasting rot aconologia across the sky is nothing special. and we can following mental gymnastic of @grey matter instead

and now he thinks mishma doesnt care about power levels, i mean in 100 year quest. :XD

and that complete absence of agenda. i mean right now, most broken powers are of wendy and irene. but she might be in trouble against miskai, while august (in theory) clears erza.

i dont know but i really like this guy for some reasons

Completely two different scenarios. Irene was on guard.
she was not. she was enchanting herself into wendy. and erza here was enhanced

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
she was not. she was enchanting herself into wendy. and erza here was enhanced
She enchanted after Erza hit her head. She even gave speech before that.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
She enchanted after Erza hit her head. She even gave speech before that.
dont remember that clearly. but that was entire point. that was why irene wasnt moving while erza charged from far away while wendy enhanced her.

to me it felt like either irene was completely focused on wendy's body or was in process of enchanting

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Requip is a magic that is used on Oneself (Erza uses it to "change" herself), If it is not used ON August, it wont be nullified, He can only Nulify Whats used ON HIM, And even that does not mean his oponent cant use it anymore in a fight (It's not like Rufus's Memory Erase), Including Cobra Hearing him. So no, Erza will change Armours.

PS

Than Why wasn't his majesties child loved? :teehee
Aren't you who told me yesterday that movies are considered canon? I posted a gif from a movie of how Erza's requip can be nullified. :grumble August can copy every magic he sees regardless if it's used against him. The way he nullifies the attacks used on him is just a flex of just how much he masters said magic instantly.

I won't comment on the sword defense comparison because there's no way that's not bait.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Aren't you who told me yesterday that movies are considered canon? I posted a gif from a movie of how Erza's requip can be nullified. :grumble August can copy every magic he sees regardless if it's used against him. The way he nullifies the attacks used on him is just a flex of just how much he masters said magic instantly.
I think she/he has a point. August couldn't nullify Cobra's hearing or Racer speed magic. Cobra could hear August's thought fine. Maybe reason he was able to completely nullify Gildarts magic that was casted on him was maybe because crush come with reassembly. Gildarts can disassemble and assemble like he did to tenrou natsu. Don't know if I am wording it right. Maybe August can't do anything beyond the scope of the magic that is used on him. His nullification maybe similar how Natsu nullified August own heat based attack to save others. The way I see if August face some one much more than himself who is using fire, I see him getting burned.