Round of 16 - August vs. Erza | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 August vs. Erza

Who wins?

• August

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think she/he has a point. August couldn't nullify Cobra's hearing or Racer speed magic. Cobra could hear August's thought fine. Maybe reason he was able to completely nullify Gildarts magic that was casted on him was maybe because crush come with reassembly. Gildarts can disassemble and assemble like he did to tenrou natsu. Don't know if I am wording it right. Maybe August can't do anything beyond the scope of the magic that is used on him. His nullification maybe similar how Natsu nullified August own heat based attack to save others. The way I see if August face some one much more than himself who is using fire, I see him getting burned.
My point was that there's (movie) proof of a requip-using enemy disabling Erz's equip into her basic clothing, thus there's no reason why August can't do the same given that the person I was quoting told me himself that movies are canon. August didn't nullify Cobra's hearing but he was shown copying it, so he can copy requip and do what the movie villain did to Erza.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Regarding August's usual nullification, it comes from using the same magic that's being using against him so masterfully that he negates the effect, that's indeed how he negated Crush, it's not an instant-nullifying absolute defense, but a flex of just how instantly he can master the specific magic on sight and undo the attack before it actually reaches and hurts him.

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
My point was that there's (movie) proof of a requip-using enemy disabling Erz's equip into her basic clothing, thus there's no reason why August can't do the same given that the person I was quoting told me himself that movies are canon. August didn't nullify Cobra's hearing but he was shown copying it, so he can copy requip and do what the movie villain did to Erza.
I think coordinator used dispel magic to disable Erza's requip. That's what wiki says. It says she even dispel Elfman and Mira's takeover. Her own requip doesn't provide this.

VG1989

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Georgia

Regarding August's usual nullification, it comes from using the same magic that's being using against him so masterfully that he negates the effect, that's indeed how he negated Crush, it's not an instant-nullifying absolute defense, but a flex of just how instantly he can master the specific magic on sight and undo the attack before it actually reaches and hurts him.
I think coordinator used dispel magic to disable Erza's requip. That's what wiki says. It says she even dispel Elfman and Mira's takeover. Her own requip doesn't provide this.
Sory for late reply
@Lobo I never said Requip Can't be Nulified IN GENERAL, yes person in movie had that ability.
I said August had no ability to do it.
Coordinator points and its gets nullified,
August gets attacked copyies it and NULLFIES ATTACKING SPELL/SPELL USED ON HIM Not THE ABILITY OF USING THAT SPELL.
Like @Kurumi Tokisaki said both Natsu and Cobra could use magic even when August copied them.
August can't stop Mira from going Demon Soul or Natsu going DF mode or Flame Lightning mode.
Also want to add, "supposedly Smarter than Irene August" never used any other spell against Gildarts that he did with CS, no hearing, speed, reflect and heavenly body, Which brings up the issue, that he can only use spells of opponents his facing. Yes, he does have some his own Spells like Ars Magia, other than that there were no notable spells he used, unless it was copying someone who was IN front of him.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
What are you talking about? Her magic isn't holder type. She doesn't use anything external to summon her armor and weapons. This is usual caster type magic. She uses her mp to create magic such as dimensional stuff and some telekinesis.
The only holder type things she has is her weapons' own magic such as lightning or water. But that doesn't matter against August cuz he wont allow her to summon anything. And even if he did, he still can undo it or use her telekinesis to grab her weapons.

And I'm not even talking about August own shit that he can pull off such as crash magic, reflector, meteor or anything in the world.

August zero-diff
well to be frank i was just throwing food for thoughts. its not like i lean towards either side.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
August couldn't nullify Cobra's hearing or Racer speed magic. Cobra could hear August's thought fine
Where did you get that he couldn't nullify their magic? He was trolling them, he used their own magic against them to show how powerful he is. He didn't try to nullify those magic cuz there wasn't any point

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Where did you get that he couldn't nullify their magic? He was trolling them, he used their own magic against them to show how powerful he is. He didn't try to nullify those magic cuz there wasn't any point
He hasn't been able to nullify any magic that's hasn't targeted him. Bring feats to show he can nullify spells like Cobra's or Razer. If he wanted to show how powerful he is, he don't have to rely on other people's shit. He can oneshot them with a fodder blast. He didn't but rely on other people's shit. If he can nullify shit like you says, then Gildarts wouldn't be able use crash magic in the first place. I don't have care about your headcanon. Bring feats.

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
August should be able to take this, despite superior stats through scaling, he can copy her requip magic to access her weapons and armor and such

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
August should be able to take this, despite superior stats through scaling, he can copy her requip magic to access her weapons and armor and such
I think your confusing, August with this guys.

Non of them stopped Erza from Using Armors
And August Specifically can't copy Magic that requires objects (Holder type), he cant copy swords elemental magic. Requip in itself may not be Holder Type, But weapons and armors are. Erza cant use Lightning Magic without Lightning Empress or Fire without Fire Empress.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I think your confusing, August with this guys.

Non of them stopped Erza from Using Armors
And August Specifically can't copy Magic that requires objects (Holder type), he cant copy swords elemental magic. Requip in itself may not be Holder Type, But weapons and armors are. Erza cant use Lightning Magic without Lightning Empress or Fire without Fire Empress.
That is why I said he copies Requip which gives them access to hers as weapons for him to use, which he basically circumvents the exceptoon throught that one caster magic.

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
That is why I said he copies Requip which gives them access to hers as weapons for him to use, which he basically circumvents the exceptoon throught that one caster magic.
Except, copping Requip, won't make him access Erzas Space. Requip allows one access pocket space to put stuff there, each one has his her own. Bisca also uses Requip, but she has it for her guns, She can't take Erzas stuff. In fact we were shown that that space is limited so Erza keeps extra armors in her room in Fairy Hills.
August will only copy the ABILITY of putting and getting things in pocket space, which in his case be empty.
Its like creating copy mail account with same name , Inbox will be empty, since it technically new account.
the only way is if he can re create weapons, which he can't. unlike two that I showed, they duplicated Erzas arsenal (Not Stole).
Or Hijack Her space, which is another thing he never shown to be capable of.
People take His title too seriously, King of Magic having more spells than Zeref, it could simply be his copying made everyone assume he knows many spells.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Except, copping Requip, won't make him access Erzas Space. Requip allows one access pocket space to put stuff there, each one has his her own. Bisca also uses Requip, but she has it for her guns, She can't take Erzas stuff. In fact we were shown that that space is limited so Erza keeps extra armors in her room in Fairy Hills.
August will only copy the ABILITY of putting and getting things in pocket space, which in his case be empty.
Its like creating copy mail account with same name , Inbox will be empty, since it technically new account.
the only way is if he can re create weapons, which he can't. unlike two that I showed, they duplicated Erzas arsenal (Not Stole).
People take His title too seriously, King of Magic having more spells than Zeref, it could simply be his copying made everyone assume he knows many spells.
Or, instead of doubting his title, it could just as easily mean that he knows many spells because he's copied them. He's specifically mentioned as a genius who, as a child, already understood and mastered any spell with a glance. That goes well beyond what a normal copying power would do.

He's an awfully overpowered Kakashi who Mashima didn't know how to finish so he got him just stay still and get hit by Gildart's holder magic (which he could have blocked or dodged. Even if you choose to believe he doesn't keep the magic he copies, he could have still used crush or anything to avoid the hit, but he did nothing) and even then, after his PIS "defeat", he didn't stay down.

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Or, instead of doubting his title, it could just as easily mean that he knows many spells because he's copied them. He's specifically mentioned as a genius who, as a child, already understood and mastered any spell with a glance. That goes well beyond what a normal copying power would do.
So his Wendy :3c

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
So his Wendy :3c
I don't see what Wendy would have to do in this conversation, but I'll regardless say that her genius in that sense is far below August's.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see what Wendy would have to do in this conversation, but I'll regardless say that her genius in that sense is far below August's.
August being a genius only because people didnt know of his copy ability. He is not a genius like jellal. Its his magic nothing more

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
that requip is based on hers which August copies, by that token, it should be the same for Afro dude which he says he requip would have an empty pocket space unless Erza has a spare Purgatory armor lying around, and those Lizardmen don’t do requip, they are just a group of individuals that are created and added data by Daphny to reflect an individual magic, they don’t even have the full armor set, so they can’t really copy holder magic as they are artificial.

August being a genius only because people didnt know of his copy ability. He is not a genius like jellal. Its his magic nothing more
Even Jellal can’t figure it out which Guildarts did and he is a pervy old man

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
that requip is based on hers which August copies, by that token, it should be the same for Afro dude which he says he requip would have an empty pocket space unless Erza has a spare Purgatory armor lying around, and those Lizardmen don’t do requip, they are just a group of individuals that are created and added data by Daphny to reflect an individual magic, they don’t even have the full armor set, so they can’t really copy holder magic as they are artificial.
That afro guy created a copy of that armor. Erza doesn't have two

August can't do this. He can copy requip magic, but it will be useless for him

Even Jellal can’t figure it out which Guildarts did and he is a pervy old man
Jellal didn't have a holder type mage in his guild.

Jellal is a genius in learning spells. August is not. He is just claimed to be genius because no one knew of his copy ability and then his huge mp. Thats it

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
That afro guy created a copy of that armor. Erza doesn't have two

August can't do this. He can copy requip magic, but it will be useless for him

Jellal didn't have a holder type mage in his guild.

Jellal is a genius in learning spells. August is not. He is just claimed to be genius because no one knew of his copy ability and then his huge mp. Thats it
Then why would he need to requip when he can just create a copy of an armor set? He has Angel who was a holder user, and Racer has Death Grand Prix which is holder magic, that would have tipped him off.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
It's the other way around. He has his copy ability because he's a genius.

You're talking as if magics were devil fruits from One Piece or some innate power and he was just lucky to be born with a copy power, they're not. His magic is "copy" because he has that genius observational, learning and mastering capability since he was a child.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

You're talking as if magics were devil fruits from One Piece or some innate power and he was just lucky to be born with a copy power, they're not. His magic is "copy" because he has that genius observational, learning and mastering capability since he was a child.
Plus he said that he mastered said magic when he copies it, so it requires knowledge to use as well.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India

Yep, we see this pattern with other 'archmage' types like Hades and Jellal.

Hades easily learned whatever Zeref showed him without much issues, to the point Zeref was surprised.
Jellal learned self destruction magic, an incredibly complex magic, as a child by simply observing it once. He also learned Mystogan's magic on the fly.