Quarterfinal - August vs God Serena | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal August vs God Serena

Who wins this quarterfinal round?

• August

Votes: 71 85.5%
  • God Serena

Votes: 12 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
August easily. He is literally immune to anything we can reasonably assume serena has at his disposal. Realistically speaking serena's best chance is for mavis to be anywhere in the continent they are fighting at which immediately prompts augusto to commit suicide.

Gaggen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
@Axiomus do we assume that serena can dragonize here, if he can then this fight would be good and kinda hard to judge.

Its easy to copy one magic at a time. But when you are strucked by multiple of them at once, you shit bricks..... This is the only entertaining fight so far..... i am not gonna go with august that easily since serena only showed 50% of his true power. Overally i'd give august with extreme diff.....

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
@Axiomus do we assume that serena can dragonize here, if he can then this fight would be good and kinda hard to judge.

Its easy to copy one magic at a time. But when you are strucked by multiple of them at once, you shit bricks..... This is the only entertaining fight so far..... i am not gonna go with august that easily since serena only showed 50% of his true power. Overally i'd give august with extreme diff.....
There is no reason for august to have any degree of difficulty though. August would get hit by all dragon slayer magics serena has and would immediately counter it without any effort whatsoever. Because that is literally his power. Not to mention that even when gildarts found a blindspot it did not contribute all that much to killing august. August ended up killing himself for no reason... Serena is powerful but he doesn't actually have the means to put a scratch on august. Literally.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
There is no reason for august to have any degree of difficulty though. August would get hit by all dragon slayer magics serena has and would immediately counter it without any effort whatsoever. Because that is literally his power. Not to mention that even when gildarts found a blindspot it did not contribute all that much to killing august. August ended up killing himself for no reason... Serena is powerful but he doesn't actually have the means to put a scratch on august. Literally.
to be honest there is nothing special about august. he is just a ripped off kakashi brought to his peak since there is no kekkei genkai introduced here. Serena is being degraded for getting oneshotted by the native. Not to mention that if the same circumstances were to occur to august, he definitely cant dodge that. if you were to compare my posts to the others, they are overhyping august and exaggerating. i am giving fair treatment to serena, if he has the ability to dragonize, he will push august to his limits. and yes august definitely can copy, but from what we have seen, he is seen doing it one at a time. If serena were to spam 2-3 different elemental slayer spells, i dont see how he cant copy them all at a time without getting a scratch. even natsu couldnt cope with it despite being a slayer though i admit he wanted to eat it, mashima was showing us how proficient serena is by mixing the elements of his spells. Not to mention that his spells are on a another league compared to the 7 and we have seen it, how hot his fire is, how good he is in manipulating earth and all. August is certainly at a disadvantage here. i admit gildarts is stronger physically compared to serena, but in magic i doubt. Plus gildarts had only one spell-crash whereas serena has variety of spells. We are talking about a guy who defeated the top 2-5 wizard saints without sustaining major damage, not some guy who took down crime sorciere.... Feats wise even serena is above. But i'd give it to august with extreme diff.....

anyway this fight would be a good one to watch.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
to be honest there is nothing special about august. he is just a ripped off kakashi brought to his peak since there is no kekkei genkai introduced here. Serena is being degraded for getting oneshotted by the native. Not to mention that if the same circumstances were to occur to august, he definitely cant dodge that. if you were to compare my posts to the others, they are overhyping august and exaggerating. i am giving fair treatment to serena, if he has the ability to dragonize, he will push august to his limits. and yes august definitely can copy, but from what we have seen, he is seen doing it one at a time. If serena were to spam 2-3 different elemental slayer spells, i dont see how he cant copy them all at a time without getting a scratch. even natsu couldnt cope with it despite being a slayer though i admit he wanted to eat it, mashima was showing us how proficient serena is by mixing the elements of his spells. Not to mention that his spells are on a another league compared to the 7 and we have seen it, how hot his fire is, how good he is in manipulating earth and all. August is certainly at a disadvatage here. i admit gildarts was stronger physically compared to serena, but in magic i doubt. Plus gildarts had only one spell-crash whereas serena has variety of spells. We are talking about a guy who defeated the top 2-5 wizard saints without sustaining major damage, not some guy who took down crime sorciere.... Feats wise even serena is above. But i'd give it to august with extreme diff.....
Nothing special about the guy? So being born with a vast amount of magic and the capacity to instantly copy and nullify any magic is not special? There is no overhyping here, august is literally invincible against any type of magic that does not involve physical objects. Heck, we even literally saw august getting torn apart by gildart's crush and it did nothing to him.

And having the ability to dragonize... It won't help serena. For one thing, august was ranked higher than irene and she was an actual dragon, the same scenario you are suggesting would give serena a win. For another, all it takes is one attack from serena on august and it will give august actual literaly dragon slaying magic which he can use on serena. Which means that even if serena turns into a dragon as irene or acknologia august will still have the exact same tool he needs to deal with serena. Heck, the guy is close to a hundred years old, he probably has dragon slayer magic even without serena's aid. August is in no form or context at a disadvantage here, he is literally immune to dragon slayer magic as a whole just as he is immune to magic as a whole.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Nothing special about the guy? So being born with a vast amount of magic and the capacity to instantly copy and nullify any magic is not special? There is no overhyping here, august is literally invincible against any type of magic that does not involve physical objects. Heck, we even literally saw august getting torn apart by gildart's crush and it did nothing to him.

And having the ability to dragonize... It won't help serena. For one thing, august was ranked higher than irene and she was an actual dragon, the same scenario you are suggesting would give serena a win. For another, all it takes is one attack from serena on august and it will give august actual literaly dragon slaying magic which he can use on serena. Which means that even if serena turns into a dragon as irene or acknologia august will still have the exact same tool he needs to deal with serena. Heck, the guy is close to a hundred years old, he probably has dragon slayer magic even without serena's aid. August is in no form or context at a disadvantage here, he is literally immune to dragon slayer magic as a whole just as he is immune to magic as a whole.
Even Ultear was born with vast amount of magic power, but she didnt go that far did she?? If august is that great as you describe him, nullifying dragon's roar shouldnt be a problem since he is ranked> irene, which is from your point of view. i have never ranked the man to be higher than irene. There is no spells, i repeat, no spells of his which is shown to be superior to irene. First of all, can that guy even copy universal one?? i doubt so. And irene is said to share the title of the strongest spriggan with him, and i hope you know what does that means. reality bites dude, he is just being overhype to the level which he is not. I doubt he can even last longer than irene against acnologia. As for serena, that guy is underrated. And how is dragonizing not helping, didnt laxus power increased to a whole another level when he dragonized himself for the first time. Plus we are talking about the guy here who has 8 times the power of laxus. He aint going down so easily. August overwhelms him physically, but not magically...... Extrem diff is the logical outcome. Below that is just wanking august.....

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Even Ultear was born with vast amount of magic power, but she didnt go that far did she?? If august is that great as you describe him, nullifying dragon's roar shouldnt be a problem since he is ranked> irene, which is from your point of view. i have never ranked the man to be higher than irene. There is no spells, i repeat, no spells of his which is shown to be superior to irene. First of all, can that guy even copy universal one?? i doubt so. And irene is said to share the title of the strongest spriggan with him, and i hope you know what does that means. reality bites dude, he is just being overhype to the level which he is not. I doubt he can even last longer than irene against acnologia. As for serena, that guy is underrated. And how is dragonizing not helping, didnt laxus power increased to a whole another level when he dragonized himself for the first time. Plus we are talking about the guy here who has 8 times the power of laxus. He aint going down so easily. August overwhelms him physically, but not magically...... Extrem diff is the logical outcome. Below that is just wanking august.....
Damn.

Alright, how does God Serena manage to push August to extreme diff? Using which spells, with which strategy?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, yeah, but urtear is not the one that was born with the ability to nullify any magic thrown at him. If the dragon roar counts as a magic then august can absolutely nullify in the exact same way as he did with gildart's magic. August was irene's boss, even she followed his orders (almost without question). I don't think august can copy magic which are not thrown at him though. Still, the guy is literally and factually immune to any and all purely magical attacks. The guy is so broken the only way mashima found to deal with him is to have him kill himself for literally no reason.

8 times the magic? Serena does have 8 types of dragon slaying magic but that is not the same as having 8 times the magic volume of anyone. Easy victory is the only logical answer unless serena can find a way to hit august with a magical object like cana's cards or gildart's robo arm. However he doesn't have anything like that. We know slayer type magic pretty well overall and it is perfectly reasonable to assume august is immune to the bulk of it.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland

yeah August is literally broken copycat character and his hyped was decreased because is instant copy magic lame shit eh???

yeah God Serena can spam fast his Dragon Slaying elements its impressive... but the power needs to be at least par with Laxus casual nuke

even Gildarts vs August fight was mid-difficulty..

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
to be honest there is nothing special about august. he is just a ripped off kakashi brought to his peak since there is no kekkei genkai introduced here. Serena is being degraded for getting oneshotted by the native. Not to mention that if the same circumstances were to occur to august, he definitely cant dodge that. if you were to compare my posts to the others, they are overhyping august and exaggerating. i am giving fair treatment to serena, if he has the ability to dragonize, he will push august to his limits. and yes august definitely can copy, but from what we have seen, he is seen doing it one at a time. If serena were to spam 2-3 different elemental slayer spells, i dont see how he cant copy them all at a time without getting a scratch. even natsu couldnt cope with it despite being a slayer though i admit he wanted to eat it, mashima was showing us how proficient serena is by mixing the elements of his spells. Not to mention that his spells are on a another league compared to the 7 and we have seen it, how hot his fire is, how good he is in manipulating earth and all. August is certainly at a disadvantage here. i admit gildarts is stronger physically compared to serena, but in magic i doubt. Plus gildarts had only one spell-crash whereas serena has variety of spells. We are talking about a guy who defeated the top 2-5 wizard saints without sustaining major damage, not some guy who took down crime sorciere.... Feats wise even serena is above. But i'd give it to august with extreme diff.....
How is Serena downplayed when he is considered to be on par with Gildarts, that is actually top tier if you ask me.
Actually you are overhyping Serena to be stronger than Gildarts which he's not.
Since when can the "dancing dragon" dragonize, he's a second generation dragon slayer with dragon lacrima in him, he cant dragonize.
Even if you spam different elemetal magic at August one after another, it still wont matter, Jellal and his guild tried that and you saw the result.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Serena utilises his full power immediately as he knows August is very dangerous; he'll resist August for a short while but when August transforms & utilises his magic seriously, he'll proceed to stomp Serena.

Labi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wonder why u ppl think August can copy DS magic. He wouldve no diffed Acno then and he wouldnt have been impressed at GS's powers.

U wank August too much for things he couldve possibly done but didnt do.

Stop it pls :)

Solely bc of this reason i vote 4 Serena

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Wonder why u ppl think August can copy DS magic. He wouldve no diffed Acno then and he wouldnt have been impressed at GS's powers.

No need to do that.

I somewhat think that Serena can mount a resistance to August, until the latter transforms that is. August is simply stronger than Serena even if he can't copy DS magic.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States

except 1. he admitted that he doesnt stand a chance (he literally said that in the manga) so ur argument is debunked. 2. he got blitz the second GS went down meaning he doesnt even have the speed to copy his magic 3. anco MP>>>>>>>>>>>august this isnt about wanking here is just that august is really that powerful but isnt god tier in his verse

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

How did you come to the conclusion that August cant copy DS magic? Its still magic.
So what is DS magic supposed to be if its not magic? Bullets you shoot from a pistol? Come on.
And how did you come to the conclusion that August with DS could beat Acnologia? Acnologia is basically immune to magic, he eats magic and gets stronger, that is why he is invincible (well until Natsu one-shots him with savage emotion flames lol). Even if August could have used DS magic against Acnologia, he would have been ripped to shreds by pure physical power and speed.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States

The reason why he didn't dare challenge Acnologia is because the dude doesn't even need to use magic to completely eviscerate August.

Acnologia put a hole through God Serena in an instant with only his bare hands. Those hands probably have the strength of a dragon's claws...

And August can't cancel somebody's fist.. he can only cancel somebody's magic, which Acnologia wouldn't even care to use.

Being impressed by GS's powers doesn't really prove anything. He was impressed by Hyberion's magic, but still ended up canceling Gildartz's crash spell.

Canonically, there is no reason for us to believe that August cannot copy DS magic..

As far as we know, August can copy and cancel every magic except for holder-type magic.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I mean, this is simple.. the only mages that have a chance of so much as putting a dent on august are the ones who use magical items or else focus heavily on physical combat that doesn't rely on holder type magic. That rules out almost anyone except erza (via swords), lucy(keys), mira(demon transformation but not her heavy attacks), cana(cards), makarov (turns into a giant). Note that I am not suggesting they can win, merely that technically the possibility exist that they can cause harm to august. There are probably others but they don't come to mind. The rest.... well, their magics simply are ineffective. Natsu using a fire dragon fist? To august that is merely a fist. Ice make? Not a chance in hell of causing damage.Dragon roar? He won't feel the attack but there is a chance the noise will annoy him. Fairy law? Won't even tickle him. Fairy glitter? Didn't even kinda tickle him. With that in mind, is there any dragon slayer technique that could possibly affect august? There is absolutely no chance of that ever happening. Everything we have seen serena use would be nullified and otherwise ignored as easily as every magic gildarts threw at august (except of course the robo fist). It doesn't even matter if serene is a couple times stronger than he really was in his prime either. Unless serene can do something here purely with martial arts there is nothing he can do.

inactive lurker account

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I have a serious question. Why would anyone want to downplay August to begin with? I mean, there are many explanations and motives as to why he would be overestimated and his portrayal taken to its utmost extent in the strongest possible light, but what's not clear to me are the factors that would push one to minimize and deflate his supposed capabilities given the lack of showings...

It's uncertain if he can copy the dragon-slaying properties of God Serena's spells, but it seemed to me that August was the one who effortlessly cancelled God Serena's wind attack that was about to be unleashed on the Gods of Ishgar. Plus he mentioned something along the lines of getting to see again what God Serena is capable of, implying that he has seen the magic before

Status
Not open for further replies.