Final - August vs Irene | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final August vs Irene

Who wins the Tournament?

• August

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Irene Belserion

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

August
-

Irene Belserion
Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion and Voting ends: June 16th, 2017
  1. All suicide techniques are restricted (Ars Magia).
  2. Irene cannot enchant her opponents' body in any way; ie no animal transmutations.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting for Irene here. I think her being a Dragon gives her the edge in terms of power and while August can also do a decent amount, I'd say that Irene's physicality can win her this.

Really? They shouldn't be. Edit - thanks

Dragon irene wins mid-high diff since August Cant Copy DS magic imo :noworry
Not sure about this. I can agree with the sentiment went it comes to advanced modes like dragon force but as for the magic itself, he could but I can also see why he mightn't be able to.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I am giving it to Irene high extreme diff.

Contrary to fan speculation Melt is not a DS Magic and August can't copy just by standing in front of a mage.Otherwise he would not exclaim surpise after Hyberion casted Vampire Magic and Gildarts Crash Magic.He would have exclaimed it just at the start not after casting it.

And she has immense physical strength of a Dragon to defeat August.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Voting for Irene here. I think her being a Dragon gives her the edge in terms of power and while August can also do a decent amount, I'd say that Irene's physicality can win her this.

Not sure about this. I can agree with the sentiment went it comes to advanced modes like dragon force but as for the magic itself, he could but I can also see why he mightn't be able to.
Well i am sure August haven't shown DS Magic.Not that i doubt he can do it but he haven't showed it.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Irene wins this.
August can copy and negate Caster magics, but one thing that should be remembered, Irene isn't Caster class, she's Berserker class ;)
August can't negate this class :hip
Jokes aside :XD
Dragon Irene wins. The power scale should be something like Dragon Irene>August>=Human Irene.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I'm voting Irene high diff. Even if August can copy DS magic we've never seen evidence of it so in this fight he wouldn't have access to it unless someone can show me when and against whom he displayed DS magic? So even if he copies/nullifies all of Irene's enchantments once she goes dragon he's done for imo.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
They have about the same level of magic power, but dragons > humans. You'd have to speculate August took God Serena's lacrima to let him win. Other than that, Irene has him covered. I would vote tie, but can't so...

Irene wins

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Usually i would vote August just to be on the Contrary,but this Time my Fanboyism and my Brain tells me that Irene wins this in her Dragon Form for sure Mid to High Diff. :datass

Irene in General means more to me then August,she had this Amazing Relationship with Erza and she is so SWEET and CUDDLY especially in her Dragon Form :wtf she and Erza could be Twins and Boy wouldn't that be amazing right? Mother Daughter Combo my Lord

IRENE SAMA FOR THE WIN FELLOW IRENE FANS!
#PrayForIreneToWhoopTheOldMenFromTheTourney!
Note:Just my Fanboyism!

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The answer is simple:
if you think it's possible for August to directly or indirectly use dragon slayer magic, vote for him.

If you think he can't, then vote for Irene

IMO, August doesn't even need DSM to win. Meteor to increase speed + Shrinking himself with Brandish's magic means he could gets inside Irene quickly and destroy her from the inside without having to damage her external scales

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
The answer is simple:
if you think it's possible for August to directly or indirectly use dragon slayer magic, vote for him.

If you think he can't, then vote for Irene

IMO, August doesn't even need DSM to win. Meteor to increase speed + Shrinking himself with Brandish's magic means he could gets inside Irene quickly and destroy her from the inside without having to damage her external scales
Then Irene can crash August with her paw easily.And a Dragon's speed>Humans.And Irene was fast enough to dodge Acnologia's attack right below her.And August isn't as fast as Acnologia.

And if defeating a Dragon was this easy then they would not have terrorised the human world 400 years ago.

MonkeyD-Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
August takes this

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Then Irene can crash August with her paw easily.And a Dragon's speed>Humans.And Irene was fast enough to dodge Acnologia's attack right below her.And August isn't as fast as Acnologia.

And if defeating a Dragon was this easy then they would not have terrorised the human world 400 years ago.
Meteor allowed Jellal to avoid Acno's attacks for several chapters. A much stronger mage would do even better against a much weaker dragon. How is what I said easy? You need to know both heavenly body magic and command T to use that strategy and both are extremely rare magics.

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Wait a second how the hell irene won ?? Now she's stronger than zeref ?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Meteor allowed Jellal to avoid Acno's attacks for several chapters. A much stronger mage would do even better against a much weaker dragon. How is what I said easy? You need to know both heavenly body magic and command T to use that strategy and both are extremely rare magics.
But you are talking about a situation where August shrinks himself.We have already seen without DS Magic defeating a Dragon is virtually impossible.And in the past Dragons nearly brought human civilisation to extinction.Why didn't human mages shrink themselves and do the same?

And Irene was very fast to suddenly dodge Acnologia's explosion which erupted just below her.

And we also saw when Acnologia got serious he caught hold of Jellal easily.He plays around.Like with Makarov in Tenrou.

Status
Not open for further replies.