Final - August vs Irene | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final August vs Irene

Who wins the Tournament?

• August

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Irene Belserion

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
August wins, pretty obvious. Unless August is considered inferior to Erza and Wendy combined.
Irene was affected by a lot of PiS in herfight, but so was August, and in the end, August can use DS magic and is definitely way stronger than what Erza with broken bones can produce to defeat Irene's Dragon form.
I don't see any way Irene can win to August if the latter can use DS magic, which i believe he can.
So August wins.
He haven't shown DS Magic.Melt is not DS Magic as fans speculate.

MonkeyD-Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Just another another another another thing : Acno is the most savage mofo in ft acno>Savage emotion
#AcnoIsMyWaifuSoHeCan'tLose
August stomps now
Just another another another another another thing : Wait 4 chapters for BND to kill Acno in one shot, WITHOUT savage emotions.
#NatsuIsMyGirl
August gives Erza a new sibling now

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Just another another another another another thing : Wait 4 chapters for BND to kill Acno in one shot, WITHOUT savage emotions.
#NatsuIsMyGirl
August gives Erza a new sibling now
Just another another another another another another thing : In 4 chapters Acno will be the real king of ft
#AcnoTheBossPoorNatsy
OMG AUGUST X EILEEN CONFIRMED ?
August low diffs

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Oh another thing

@EmptySoul @Emperor Spriggan @Belserion @SirSamuel016 i remembered one important point.

Remember everyone when Irene first turned into a Dragon,she was using Fire breath.Right?Only Fire Dragon's can do that.Now we can assume Fire Dragon Slaying Magic is also a perk of Irene.So do you think Melt will work on Irene even if it is DS Magic?It will be like defeating Metalicana with Iron DS Magic.

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Just another another another another another another thing : In 4 chapters Acno will be the real king of ft
#AcnoTheBossPoorNatsy
OMG AUGUST X EILEEN CONFIRMED ?
August low diffs
Just another another another another another another another thing : Natsu will be the real king of ft in the last chapter
#NatsuTheKingAndAcnoInHisGrave
Yep, August stomps so hard Irene gets called Big Mom.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
He haven't shown DS Magic.Melt is not DS Magic as fans speculate.
Exactly. Are we really going to start using fan speculation and assumptions as invisible feats?? August has NEVER been shown to use DS magic. What's his element i'm curious?

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
New August wins, pretty obvious. Unless August is considered inferior to Erza and Wendy combined.
But Irene was the one who was standing last in her fight. I don't think it's safe to say that Erza and Wendy>Irene, since Irene had to commit suicide in the end when she had Erza at her mercy. By the same token Gildarts and Cana are not>August.
Irene was affected by a lot of PiS in herfight, but so was August, and in the end, August can use DS magic and is definitely way stronger than what Erza with broken bones can produce to defeat Irene's Dragon form.
We haven't seen August use any DS in his attacks though, that's the issue. We can only use attacks we've seen him display. Though I do agree on the PiS point, both Spriggans were treated too awfully in their fights.
I'd say the best thing August can do i negate all of Irene's spells. This is for her human form. If she uses her Dragon form and uses spells like Deus Sema and her Dragon Roar, August would he hard pressed to counter all of these perfectly. Both of them have the magical reserves to last in this fight as long as necessary, so I think in the end, the fight ends up being a physical brawl.
Dragon Irene edges out here, imo.

EmptySoul

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Oh another thing

@EmptySoul @Emperor Spriggan @Belserion @SirSamuel016 i remembered one important point.

Remember everyone when Irene first turned into a Dragon,she was using Fire breath.Right?Only Fire Dragon's can do that.Now we can assume Fire Dragon Slaying Magic is also a perk of Irene.So do you think Melt will work on Irene even if it is DS Magic?It will be like defeating Metalicana with Iron DS Magic.
Im not really sure abt that tbh
I assumed Fire breath attack was a feat all dragons could probably do
Speaking of which what even is Irenes element? Does Enchantment count?

Exactly. Are we really going to start using fan speculation and assumptions as invisible feats?? August has NEVER been shown to use DS magic. What's his element i'm curious?
All of them ofc :cheez

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Just another another another another another another another thing : Natsu will be the real king of ft in the last chapter
#NatsuTheKingAndAcnoInHisGrave
Yep, August stomps so hard Irene gets called Big Mom.
Just another another another another another another another another thing : While natsu is the king of bs my boy acno is the king of ft and the apocalypse
#Acno=GodAcnologiaIsReal
I see at the end of this fight august x eileen is going to be real...niceee

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Im not really sure abt that tbh
I assumed Fire breath attack was a feat all dragons could probably do
Speaking of which what even is Irenes element? Does Enchantment count?

All of them ofc :cheez
Well different Dragons have different elements and their roar corresponds to their elements.Like Grandine cannot use Fire Roar only Sky Dragon's roar.

If you use Melt on Irene then it will be like using Fire DS Magic on Atlas Flame.

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If the main justification for Irene's victory is going to be the idea that non ds magic can't harm dragons, then I wish people would actually provide a page in which that was established. The only basis for this idea that I've seen is the inability of Tenrou Fairy tail and GMG Jura, Kagura, and Lyon to harm dragons which is completely irrelevant given the change in power since then.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Well different Dragons have different elements and their roar corresponds to their elements.Like Grandine cannot use Fire Roar only Sky Dragon's roar.

If you use Melt on Irene then it will be like using Fire DS Magic on Atlas Flame.
Didn't Irene say she is the Sage Dragon?
I think she said that when she used Deus Sema,that her being the Sage Dragon Amplifies the Enchantments to Master Enchantment.
Yeah i know still no Element,but maybe the Sage Dragon is just very Adept at using Magics themselves or rather is familiar with the Nature of Magic.
Just my Guess though.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I think she said that when she used Deus Sema,that her being the Sage Dragon Amplifies the Enchantments to Master Enchantment.
Yeah i know still no Element,but maybe the Sage Dragon is just very Adept at using Magics themselves or rather is familiar with the Nature of Magic.
Just my Guess though.
Well sure it is.

But Irene has shown the habit of using Fire magic both in human form and Dragon form.Even if she is Sage Dragon,if she can use Fire Magic then there is no reason why can't she do to Melt what Natsu did to Melt.

Even though i believe Melt is not a DS Magic.

EmptySoul

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If the main justification for Irene's victory is going to be the idea that non ds magic can't harm dragons, then I wish people would actually provide a page in which that was established. The only basis for this idea that I've seen is the inability of Tenrou Fairy tail and GMG Jura, Kagura, and Lyon to harm dragons which is completely irrelevant given the change in power since then.
How abt the fact that Dragon Irene is just generally stronger than August?
August was said to be almost equal to a HUMAN Irene
Dragon Irene is much stronger than her human self
So Dragon Irene is just > August
Thats all there is to it
Just my Guess though.
This is actually pretty believable
but Id say Enchantment is her DS magic ability tho imo (does it have to be an element?)
She just becomes stronger and better at it when shes in dragon mode

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Thats all there is to it

This is actually pretty believable
but Id say Enchantment is her DS magic ability tho imo (does it have to be an element?)
She just becomes stronger and better at it when shes in dragon mode
It doesn't necessarily have to be an Element true considering Acnologia is the Dragon that Eats Magic and that's no Element either.
Well sure it is.

But Irene has shown the habit of using Fire magic both in human form and Dragon form.Even if she is Sage Dragon,if she can use Fire Magic then there is no reason why can't she do to Melt what Natsu did to Melt.

Even though i believe Melt is not a DS Magic.
Wasn't the Fire she used just an Atmospheric Enchantment?
You mean the One she used against Acnologia right?

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats all there is to it
How do you know that Brandish only meant human Irene? Plus if we are going by statements, then Hiro confirmed that August is the strongest of the Spriggan 12 in the beginning of chapter 525. So
August> Human and Dragon Irene
Thats all there is to it

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
It doesn't necessarily have to be an Element true considering Acnologia is the Dragon that Eats Magic and that's no Element either.

Wasn't the Fire she used just an Atmospheric Enchantment?
You mean the One she used against Acnologia right?
Yup.

Add to that she has shown the ability to use Fire Breath.Whatever the reasons maybe,she can use Fire Magic in her Dragon form,so naturally she should be immune or atleast resistant to Melt.And a Dragon's endurance>Human's.

And if she knows Fire DS Magic,then Irene will be powered by Melt not defeated.

inactive lurker account

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Alright. I'll give my vote to August, but I'll do what I can in the subsequent posts to present some interesting scenarios, interpreting both characters in the best possible light.

Before that, I have a hypothesis regarding the trend of the arguments, and that is IF both characters are underestimated in a similar manner, THEN Irene is more likely to come out on top mainly because of the default dragon advantage that remains no matter how both of them are downplayed, but IF both characters are overestimated in a similar manner, THEN there are more chances for August to come out on top mainly because of his copying ability and magical heritage, both of which stand to benefit the most in favorable optimized interpretations.

Basically then my position is premised on a very generous view of their powers, with August's ability trumping Irene's in the long run. But that only serves to answer the question as to who has the superior magic ability, and not yet the question as to who would win in a match-up. I shall try to deal with that in the next posts.

As for the claim about Irene being the only one to be able to stand up to August, it can be interpreted in different ways to favor one or the other, but suffice it to say that it puts both of them above everyone else, and in that sense they are on par in having no peer except each other, and with only the likes of Zeref and Acnologia surpassing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.