Australian Community | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Australian Community

What's the best State or Territory?

• Total voters

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
"G'day Mates" :super Welcome to the Australian Community on Mangahelpers ;)
You're welcome to talk about whatever the hell you want here as long as it's not too far out if you know what I mean. Tell us where you live, how the weather is, you know. The little things :)

Last edited:

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there.
I don't think many Australians know of this site. I'm happy to converse with you though.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey there @ChinkyCandie :amuse
There are actually a fair amount of Australians that have been a part of this forum in the past, and a good few are still active (15? 20?). Funnily enough, more than 7 of us are in the Fairy Tail forum :XD

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, they haven't seen this forum yet I guess. You can direct them here :D
I wouldn't mind just talking away about anything and everything with other Australian manga readers.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I see you're one of the more active NPoT Forum denizens. I've yet to catch up since I've been a little busy, but that will soon be rectified. I have like 100 chapters to catch up on :sweat

My favourite manga are:
  • Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re (Major fanboy)
  • Tower of God (Manhwa)
  • Yakusoku no Neverland
  • Shokugeki no Souma
  • One Punch Man
  • Boku no Hero Academia
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Bleach
My favourite anime is hands down Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Major fanboy)

The anime I'm watching this season are:
  • KonoSuba Season 2
  • Youjo Senki
  • Ao no Exorcist Season 2
  • Gintama
I like Fantasy and Murder Mystery Novels.
I'm an official registered Artist here on MH. (I'm a Photographer and Writer, though I dabble in graphic design too)
I live in Melbourne.

So... there's a conversation starter. What about you? :]
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, and @Brandish @SirSamuel016 @Dranzer @kiriya @Iceiphoenix @Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ :amuse

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hahahaha. I live in Adelaide. I'm one of the few anime/gamer/manga girls around there. Everyone gave up on it when they turned 21. I've asked people why and they said they got too old for it. Never too old for these things :D
I've watched Assassination Classroom Seasons 1 & 2, Sailor Moon Crystal, Snow White with the Red Hair, Black Butler, Durarara!!. The only manga I still read is NPoT and Noragami. I tried getting into Fairy Tail but that just dragged on and on and I got bored of it very quickly.

Off topic, I'm studying a dual cert 3/4 in web-based technologies (4) and electronics engineering (3) at TAFE. Uni is too tedious and expensive XD

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I turn 18 in March (About 4 weeks?) and i'm in my final year of High School. I plan on studying maybe Anthropology or chemistry at Uni, but not before I spend a year or so in Europe. I was living there most of 2016, and I really want to go back.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Cairns boy here. I might be moving around a bit though, well within Far North Queensland when I change jobs.

There's SirSamuel who is a Tassie bogan. And Kiriya who's from WA. Can we cover all states with the rest?

My favourite completed manga are Monster and FMA. If I had to pick 5 favourites I currently read I'd go Berserk, OPM, One Piece, Akatsuki no Yona, and a manga I only just recently started Vinland Saga. I'm currently trying to catch up with Vagabond which has been amazing for the 100 odd chapters I've read.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Cairns boy here. I might be moving around a bit though, well within Far North Queensland when I change jobs.

There's SirSamuel who is a Tassie bogan. And Kiriya who's from WA. Can we cover all states with the rest?

My favourite completed manga are Monster and FMA. If I had to pick 5 favourites I currently read I'd go Berserk, OPM, One Piece, Akatsuki no Yona, and a manga I only just recently started Vinland Saga. I'm currently trying to catch up with Vagabond which has been amazing for the 100 odd chapters I've read.
You should read Tower of God. Monster is a Manhwa right? So you've already had that kind of experience already.
I need to watch this week's episodes of Blue Exorcist and Youjo Senki :bored

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
How's the heatwave for eastern Australia? Surviving? Adelaide's was only a 4 day heatwave :P

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Victoria's been a shithole to live in the last week. We had rain Monday and Tuesday, but the humidity was unbearable. It's been about 47 for the last week :faint
NSW has gotten the worst of it by far though. They've been getting power outages from lines overheating and too many people using Aircons...

It's really nice just to chat about Aussie things with other Australians haha.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Kek
Taswegian. I've never gotten over that word lol. I've had the privilege (?) of living in Tassie for 3 years myself. It's so beautiful honestly. A pity the education system there belongs in some third world country though.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Tassie country is nice.

A pity the education system there belongs in some third world country though.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Taswegian is just too funny. Trying to cover the smell of s**t with Lynx Deodorant

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ouch... and so the banter begins. A healthy addition to any good conversation :nod

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Victoria's been a shithole to live in the last week. We had rain Monday and Tuesday, but the humidity was unbearable. It's been about 47 for the last week :faint
NSW has gotten the worst of it by far though. They've been getting power outages from lines overheating and too many people using Aircons...

It's really nice just to chat about Aussie things with other Australians haha.
The fact is abuse of the air-con is the reason for the blackout. That max amount of time to use the air-con is 12 hours. The max time to wait to turn it back on is about 10 hours. That's how my household does it and we've had no blackout. Our blackout happens in winter, but we don't even use the heater. Its the strong winds/storms.

It is nice to talk to other people, you've never met in the same country.