Hangout - Berserk General Discussion Thread | Page 74 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yea, still crazy somber here. I remember changing my signature way back when Miura passed for this reason. It was no longer a joke to see if Berserk would be finished before he died. No one ever actually believed he would leave so soon. I am just so appreciative we get to see the continuation of the story. The respect he has worldwide and that his staff and friends had for his work is astronomical.
Admittedly I was quite bitter about the people who had said such things. It felt like some cruel joke's version of comeuppance for people that don't regard artists/creators as actual human beings. It wasn't just Miura though, this happens all of the time with authors and what not (Togashi, George RR Martin, etc).

I'm over the pettiness now because I think anyone with a soul realized they were in the wrong for it. Just looking forward to the future and hopefully most people can be positive about it.

I saw two chapters at once and can already see some insufferable shit somewhere on the internet making those kinds of obvious jokes at Miura's expense and I'm not at a place where I can find that funny or acceptable yet (maybe never).

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
This direction seems awfully passive aggressive for something that isn't even happening, yet is clearly attempting to look backwards.

I wonder if Miura was still with us would he think this type of defensive behavior on his behalf (supposedly) were necessary... or just odd.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I didn't say it was happening, I said I would find something like that distasteful so it'd be preferable to avoid it.

I don't find it odd to maintain some modicum of respect for the deceased and the people attempting to honor them.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It shows you how invested they are in the manga....cheers to his crew....2 chaps of unreleased material....nice looking forward to it.
He was such an influence...but really looking forward to these long time storyboarders to show their vision of the story's end.

Im rambling....but im also hyped.
Im sure these guys respect their teacher enough but to do their very best.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just giving a light warning now that I'm not going to respond well to "jokes" regarding whatever the continuation's release schedule ends up being going forward. Don't think I need to explain why either, thanks.
Honest question: what is there to even be anything but thankful about?

That's TWO chapters instead of one (of the 6 total to finish out the arc), and in a mere couple of weeks time.

Which, considering that's coming right on the heels of the recent news, is extremely 'fast' by any standard, much more so than B previously released scheduling. Clearly, this was in the works for a while.

After June 24, who knows, but this isn't exactly happening at a snail's pace or anything to 'complain' about.

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Admittedly I was quite bitter about the people who had said such things. It felt like some cruel joke's version of comeuppance for people that don't regard artists/creators as actual human beings. It wasn't just Miura though, this happens all of the time with authors and what not (Togashi, George RR Martin, etc).

I'm over the pettiness now because I think anyone with a soul realized they were in the wrong for it. Just looking forward to the future and hopefully most people can be positive about it.

I saw two chapters at once and can already see some insufferable shit somewhere on the internet making those kinds of obvious jokes at Miura's expense and I'm not at a place where I can find that funny or acceptable yet (maybe never).
Aye,

I was mocking the typical line back then. I never partook but just found it amusing how often it came up in discussion because people were so salty about the Hiatuses. I've been saddened by artists and performers passing away before - like Robin Williams etc. But none have hit me as hard as Miura passing away. The man is an absolute legend and no one will ever match how well he mastered everything about story telling and equally amazing art to go with. Which is why I am cautiously optimistic here. It can't and won't be the same without him.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Honest question: what is there to even be anything but thankful about?

That's TWO chapters instead of one (of the 6 total to finish out the arc), and in a mere couple of weeks time.

Which, considering that's coming right on the heels of the recent news, is extremely 'fast' by any standard, much more so than B previously released scheduling. Clearly, this was in the works for a while.

After June 24, who knows, but this isn't exactly happening at a snail's pace or anything to 'complain' about.
What I said wasn't in reference to anything being said here

I made it a point to say "whatever the continuation's release schedule ends up being going forward". I wasn't talking about complaints about the release schedule, I was talking about jokes regarding us maybe getting chapters more often than what we were used to and that being a new normal. I've already seen the beginnings of these kind of "jokes" elsewhere. Comments like, "well maybe if he had died sooner" or the editors should have given him a supervisor years ago. Troll behavior most likely, but not the type of things I want to see here.

But that kind of thing plus a general rule that we should try to contextualize any criticism we have going forward. This is more than a manga at this point.

gcd

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thank you ❤❤❤❤❤❤ (for more chapters)

102jayday

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Next week guys for the feels. Always going to hit with chapters now cause they make me think of Miura. Hope best wishes for the team and they do Miura proud!

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Next week guys for the feels. Always going to hit with chapters now cause they make me think of Miura. Hope best wishes for the team and they do Miura proud!
This is about all we can expect. Just do him proud, don't try to be him but keep his story as he would want it with the level of attention he always gave it.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hmm, a new adaptation would have been interesting but overall it was pretty bad so I don't think I'll watch this.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Haven't found any info that explains what the Memorial Edition is, aside from them airing it on TV...

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Haven't found any info that explains what the Memorial Edition is, aside from them airing it on TV...
There doesn't appear to be any difference at all. The trailer should have been all too familiar, but if you had reflexively blocked it from memory no one would blame you.

It was best never to look upon that CG

It's just a cut-for-TV from the 3 movies into what appears to be a miniseries(?). Nothing to see here; thanks but no thanks.

From Crunchy:

"The "Memorial Edition" version of The Golden Age Arc film trilogy is a part of a larger Berserk celebration, which includes a Kentaro Miura exhibition that is currently traveling around Japan, as well as the release of the first chapter of the series penned by Studio Gaga (Miura's team of assistants) under the watchful eye of a close friend of Miura's Kouji Mori after the passing of the manga creator last May."

Info on the traveling exhibition seemingly more interesting.

Perhaps if ratings are good enough the animation will be picked back up by a competent party.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Great to hear they're going to polish the original a bit and even adding new stuff. Perfect reason to watch this~ The movies weren't exceptional in my eyes, but more than good enough for an enjoyable time :pleased

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hmmm maybe I'll watch the movies again then...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Wait, are these movies or anime episodes?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
My guess is they might be cutting it into TV episodes if they're adding scenes and redoing them. The trilogy has a combined runtime of about 5 hours, so it's possible they can make a 1 cour anime out of it

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the collectable set....but honestly never bothered opening it...so couldnt tell you if there was cut footage from back then when I got it...possible this is Snyder cut of Berserk xDDD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Great to hear they're going to polish the original a bit and even adding new stuff. Perfect reason to watch this~ The movies weren't exceptional in my eyes, but more than good enough for an enjoyable time :pleased
Fukn Love....

Ofc everyone is going to watch it:lmao