Anime - Berserk Movie Announced | Page 38 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Berserk Movie Announced

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What makes me mad is that these three movies are basically the anime re done. Nothing new (expect Skull knight and silat scenes) the way to the eclipse is the same as the anime. But maybe because Wylad was really over the R rating, one of the most shocking/epic/sick moments of berserk was when it showed him with a wooden plank going right up that 15 year old girl and throws it towards Guts. Thats brutal and she got raped before he killed her which is pretty extreme having a minor but it just made it all more surreal for that medieval time. I am just looking forward to new scenes animated like the count arc, black swordsmen, the holy conviction (my favourite), to the reborn arc.

I wanted the Wylad battle too, but it would've taken up majority of the movie, plus, you still have to sell an "animated feature" and there's limits to what you can do in an animated film versus a manga. It's always been like that for the longest time. Even, "Akira" for example, cut a lot of serious stuff from the manga that never made it into the film.

Despite that, I enjoyed the three movies and looking forward to three more. Like everyone else, I just want to see Guts fighting the demons as the "Black Swordsman" now. But, anime in general is still a small industry and needs major financial backing from movie studios (Warner Bros., Dreamworks, Disney, etc.) as well as dedicated support from us anime fans.

The stuidos need to know that 3 more films will do "better" than the previous three. If that happens, will get what we want.

teioh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The question is: "We will never see Wylad animated?" :cheez
It's really strange, this character was skipped 2 times in something like 2 decades, there will come a time when even Wylad can be shown in an animated version? :zomg

One difference compared to the manga is the final battle against General Boscogn: why did they change it? No Zodd help Guts passing him his huge falchion, it's an epic scene and frankly in this way (Guts win thanks to a cloud of dust hiding him) Boscon fighting skill is heavly down revised. Probably I'm the only one who cares about this :3c

About minor girls raped/killed etc probably this is too much for whichever WB movie, then it's ok for me to cut off Charlotte and Wylad raped girl scene. But only those ones.

Demand: the second time we see Puck (freed by the carovan cage) there are some flying monster in the sky, are they the devilish elves of Rosine?

Last edited:

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Finally watched the third movie, and let me say this: it was awesome!!
It reminded me why Berserk is the greatest manga ever!

I can't wait to see the rest of the serie animated.
I don't know if it's going to be movies or OVAs, and frankly, at this point, I don't care.

I just want more!!

jakensama

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the 3rd Berserk movie (Eclipse) has been subbed?

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just finished the 2nd movie on blu ray english, ooooo it had Franny and seprico at the ball 0.o
I don't know if I want to watch the Eclipse again though...

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
how were the dubs?

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
how were the dubs?
English dub official blu rays/dvd is out the second one came out 2 weeks ago or last week in aust. the first was in feb.
Guts voice is good, griffith not bad but it sounds abit like sasuke eng dub abit lol. Gaston is still voiced by goku!

animefan1478

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
for those who cant wait for tuesday release of the third movie dub,its online now : http://www.watchcartoononline.com/berserk-the-golden-age-arc-iii-the-advent-english-dubbed ,enjoy.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

by the way the movie is the original uncut vertion of the movie,but i like the japanese audio better,now to wait for the movie outakes that only have it on the blu ray vertion of the movie 3 online.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
any word on maybe some more movies?