Mag Talk - Bessatsu Shonen Magazine | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Bessatsu Shonen Magazine

cutesherry

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
EDIT: well, my question is answered now, but since there seems to be no thread about this magazine, feel free to talk away about it all you want in this thread from now on :D

Current Magazine Line-up

Line-Up said:
Aku no Hana
Arslan Senki
Baby Worldend
Coulomb Fille
D.D.D
Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidonesuru
Daisuki Imura-san!
Diabolo no Soup
Doubutsu no Kuni
Flying Witch
Fujimi Lovers
Gringo 2061
Half & Half
Houkago Sword Club
Joshiraku
Kimi wo Mawashitai
Komori-chan ha Yaru Ki wo Dase
Mabinogi
Mibugi Shiden
Nemuri no Fuchi
Sankarea
Seisen Cerberus - Mou Hitori no Eiyuu
Shin Sekai yori
Shingeki no Kyojin
Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou
Shougi no Watanabe-kun
Slime-san to Yuusha Kenkyuubu
Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru

Last edited by a moderator:

arsene.lupin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
i like Countrouble and Sankarea in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine.
also Seo Kouji new series (Rinko Days) are coming up next issue.

Negative Syndicate

Does anyone tell me the difference between Bessatsu Shonen Magazine and Monthly Shonen Magazine?

ZoddGuts

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Does anyone tell me the difference between Bessatsu Shonen Magazine and Monthly Shonen Magazine?
They're different magazines, both monthly and shonen. No idea why they need two though.

Rejuvenation

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This has been the magazine I have been wanting to read all of since Kodansha launched it. Unlike with Shounen Rival, it looked like a better magazine overall to me.

Though Countrouble has been the only one scanned regularly, I have really enjoyed it. Hopefully it gets more exposure and attention this year.

Negative Syndicate

Sankarea, by Hattori Mitsuru, going to have an anime.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Sankarea may make a better anime than it is a manga. While entertaining it is a hoeplessly cliche manga. Harem/ecchi manga can improve when animated. I'd rather get a Choujin Gakuen anime while waiting for the second Mardock Scramble movie to be subbed. And fortunately the Mardock Scramble movies are based on the books, not the manga. The manga adaption is very good but the original novels (and anime) are far superior.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

They're different magazines, both monthly and shonen. No idea why they need two though.
Bessatsu Shounen Magazine is more specialized, concentrating on supernatural and fantasy manga. Shounen Rival is for young teens, targeting more of the 12-15 year old market. Monthly Magazine and BetsuMag are meant for older teens, if not college students. In practice I imagine both have more readers in their twenties than teens, much like Weekly Shounen Magazine.

Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

It looks like there is information revealed that Shingeki no Kyojin possibly going to get live-adaptation movie. But, it is not confirmed yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It looks like there is information revealed that Shingeki no Kyojin possibly going to get live-adaptation movie. But, it is not confirmed yet.
There are only four volumes released so there's no anime announcement yet, but the film should work since it can have a self-contained story of its own. Let's see if there will be any confirmation from the magazine.

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There are 5 volumes of Shingeki released.

There was an anime confirmed for Sankarea in this month's issue. But that's probably old news by now since the issue came out a couple weeks ago, I only just go it.
Though that series only has 21 chapters so far. Really with monthly series, it varies a lot. They're not quite like weekly series where they can have filler episodes to fill in. If the anime airs weekly, it'll eventually catch up unless it goes in "seasons".

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
There are 5 volumes of Shingeki released.
Ah, my bad then.

There was an anime confirmed for Sankarea in this month's issue. But that's probably old news by now since the issue came out a couple weeks ago, I only just go it.
Though that series only has 21 chapters so far. Really with monthly series, it varies a lot. They're not quite like weekly series where they can have filler episodes to fill in. If the anime airs weekly, it'll eventually catch up unless it goes in "seasons".
Yeah, the writers can have more liberties with a monthly series like they did with Full Metal Alchemist. I do wonder why there hasn't been any anime proposals for Shingeki no Kyojin since it's really popular these days.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, the writers can have more liberties with a monthly series like they did with Full Metal Alchemist. I do wonder why there hasn't been any anime proposals for Shingeki no Kyojin since it's really popular these days.
It's just reached the age/chapter count when monthlies seem to get anime. It's second anniversary and 25th chapter were both in September. It would not surprised me if an April anime were announced, or the movie project Negative Syndicate posted about is true.

Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

It is confirmed that Shingeki no Kyojin going to get a movie.

Negative Syndicate

There going to be an important announcement for Joshiraku on next month's issue.

I'm starting to feel like BSM is recently getting many media attentions.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
BetsuMag's second anniversary was in September, and two years is typically the earliest a manga gets an anime (or live action) adaption. Any series that began in issue 1 are ready to be adapted. Sankarea and Shingeki already have adaptions in the work, both debuted in issue 1. Joshiraku also debuted in issue 1 so it is primed for an anime too. Hard to say how much media attention a magazine gets but now is the time BetsuMag would start getting anime attention for the first time. And it is fertile ground for adaption, a quality magazine with plenty of titles that lend themselves to anime.

I wonder when Animal Kingdom and Countrouble will get anime. Both seem like they would be very popular among anime fans.