Best Action | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Action

The Best Action Manga is...?

• One Piece

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Shingeki No Kyojin

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Dragon Ball

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Claymore

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Gantz

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Naruto

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Hunter x Hunter

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
One Piece?No.The fights,while entertaining,are not really complex and most of the times your everyday shonen rumble.

Dragonball?No.It did introduce us to an entirely new form of fighting in manga,but it does not convince me overall.

Claymore?No.I was never really fond of the action in Claymore.The swordfigths feel rather lame(like in Bleach) and even though the special abilities are usually quite interesting,they won't turn the tides in Claymore's favor.

Gantz?No.The manga is full of action,most of it being badass,but after some time it turns into gun-spammage.

Now,here's where it gets tough.The remaining three(Naruto,Shingeki no Kyojin,HunterxHunter) are great in their own right.HunterxHunter has only few battles,but those are extremely complex and well executed.The battlesystem alone is dazzling.The possibilites are endless,which allows for creative powers while staying coherent.This sometimes makes fights unnecessarily complicated,though,thus undermining the flow of the action.Naruto avoids that problem,by having a varied fighting system,but still keeping it simple.The fights are incredibly fun,intensified by Kishimoto's amazing art, and always have at least a small interesting twist to them.Shingeki no Kyojin has captivating action as well.It's very thrilling and the atmosphere that's created in those action scenes makes it easy to empathize with the characters.Yet,I think I'll go with Naruto here.The sheer amount of great action trumps both,HunterxHunter and Shingeki no Kyojin.Maybe,as time goes by,Shingeki no Kyojin will convince me more.

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Winner of Best Action Manga is (drum rolls).... One Piece!

Total Votes = 109
One Piece = 38 Votes = 34.86%
Naruto = 18 Votes = 16.51%
Hunter x Hunter = 17 Votes = 15.60%
Shingeki No Kyojin = 12 Votes = 11.01%
Gantz = 12 Votes = 11.01%
Dragon Ball = 7 Votes = 6.42%
Claymore = 5 Votes = 4.59%

Status
Not open for further replies.