Voting - Best Arc | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Arc

Best Arc

• Tartaros Arc

• Tenrou Island Arc

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Use this thread to nominate the Best Arc. Filler arcs are eligible for this category.

Tartaros Arc
-
Tenrou Island Arc
Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017.

Tartaros Arc - 14 Nominations
Tenrou Island Arc - 13 Nominations
Grand Magic Games Arc - 9 Nominations
Tower of Heaven Arc - 9 Nominations
Phantom Lord Arc - 7 Nominations
Battle of Fairy Tail Arc - 5 Nominations

Alvarez Empire Arc - 4 Nominations
Galuna Island Arc - 2 Nominations
Oración Seis Arc - 1 Nomination
Edolas Arc - 1 Nomination
Macao Arc - 1 Nomination

Tartaros Arc - 18 votes
Grand Magic Games Arc - 13 votes
Phantom Lord Arc - 6 votes

Tenrou Island Arc - 25 votes
Tower of Heaven Arc - 16 votes
Battle of Fairy Tail Arc - 7 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info Thread.

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I support:
- Tartaros Arc
- Grand Magic Games Arc
- Battle of Fairy Tail Arc
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Eclipse Arc
Eclipse arc
You're both referring to the Eclipse Celestial Spirits Arc (anime filler) and not the ending of the Grand Magic Games Arc, right? Sorry for asking, I just don't want to mess up your nominations.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Tenrou
Grand Magic Games Arc
Alvarez Empire Arc

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Tartaros arc

Edolas arc

Nirvana/Oracion Seis arc

CaptainTorch

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Alvarez Empire Arc
Despite all the flaws, the good stuff outweighs the bad stuff. At least it's this way for me(I'm probably the only one who legit enjoyed this arc lol)
Tartaros Arc
No words needed.
Grand Magic Games Arc
Also an arc I really enjoyed, despite the BS moments.

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
You're both referring to the Eclipse Celestial Spirits Arc (anime filler) and not the ending of the Grand Magic Games Arc, right? Sorry for asking, I just don't want to mess up your nominations.
Sorry I meant the end of GMG arc, I thought it counted as its own arc

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
All 3 were great arcs imo, but personally i prefered GMG and Tartaros, so my vote will to one of these two.

For the moment i'm leaning towards Tartaros, but i didnt vote yet so it could change.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Phantom Lord for me, by a good margin. Had good fights (sans the Aria oneshot), solid FT guild/nakama moments (their attack on PL guild was epic), and some feels (with Lucy mainly). Not everything was great, didn't like the Lucy torture by Gajeel. Ended with Makarov vs Jose which is my favourite end to an arc in FT.

GMG and Tartaros are average-ish arcs imo. They dragged a bit too long, and while there are some high points there were several lows (DF Twins getting soloed, She's Erza etc).

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Phanton lord, only time makarov shined in a battle, lucy looked like a MC, natsu vs gajeel still to this day still one of the best 1vs1 fight( similar to the dbz). Introduction of gajeel as a dragon slayer unlike a forced ones like laxus or cobra ones.

CaptainTorch

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tartaros definetly. GMG is pretty close though.
(*Sigh*, should've expected the Alvarez Empire arc not to pass. Even though despite all the bullshit it was a pretty good arc. Oh well, it's understandable. When GMG ended a lot of people thought that it was the worst too).

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Damn. That great post from @Brandish convinced me i think. Made me remember the arc more clearly and this is definitely an awesome arc.
I think i'm going to vote for Phantom Lord now... Which wasn't even a choice i was really considering, despite knowing its a great arc. I was mostly leaning towards the other two. Great job Brandish.

Phantom Lord for me, by a good margin. Had good fights (sans the Aria oneshot), solid FT guild/nakama moments (their attack on PL guild was epic), and some feels (with Lucy mainly). Not everything was great, didn't like the Lucy torture by Gajeel. Ended with Makarov vs Jose which is my favourite end to an arc in FT.

GMG and Tartaros are average-ish arcs imo. They dragged a bit too long, and while there are some high points there were several lows (DF Twins getting soloed, She's Erza etc).
WHat do you mean "sans Aria oneshot"? You're talking about the oneshot from Makarov? I think it was great.
Or from Erza? I didnt remember it was a oneshot, but even then, i at least remember that i enjoyed the result a lot. I liked the way Erza defeated easily an opponent Natsu struggled with. Erza was portrayed as a monster early on so it made sense, and i didnt see any bullshit in that. Some say this was the begining of the "she's Erza" series, it wasn't for me.

Anyway yeah, i might vote PL now.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm going with GMG arc because i really enjoyed this arc. In this very arc Natsu destroyed sabertooth guild because they mistreated Yukino that where Natsu supposed to do the right not like what Mashima is saying "fighting for his guild" Lucy wanted to tell Natsu that she believes in him the most was really touching and heart warming. He even quit fighting and went to search for Lucy not to the mention the fight Natsu vs Sting and Rogue it was amazing and satisfied me greatly.

Ultear casting Last ages, the eclipse gate, the dragons. Very amazing arc.

I'm really sad now :'(

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Phantom Lord for sure, no debate her. Its one of the best arcs in FT.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tartaros Arc.

It had the most complex and interesting plot within the manga. I enjoyed many of the fights, spells, dialogue, and entrances throughout the arc. The story behind Silver and Igneel was also a great reveal, since it gave us more details on the history of Gray & the Dragon Slayers.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Tartaros Arc.

It had the darkest theme and was the most threatening, in my opinion. From blowing up the magic council and killing Lahar to murdering all the chairmen and causing an epidemic of Magic Barrier Particles. Not to mention, the assembling of the 9 Demon Gates and the appearance of the Parent Dragons were also epic.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Definitely Tartaros Arc here, every relevant member of the guild got a chance to shine (Even if it wasn't battle related), and the Nine Demon Gates were a really good group that lived up to their hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.