Voting - Best Arc | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Arc

Best Arc

• Tartaros Arc

• Tenrou Island Arc

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Use this thread to nominate the Best Arc. Filler arcs are eligible for this category.

Tartaros Arc
-
Tenrou Island Arc
Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017.

Tartaros Arc - 14 Nominations
Tenrou Island Arc - 13 Nominations
Grand Magic Games Arc - 9 Nominations
Tower of Heaven Arc - 9 Nominations
Phantom Lord Arc - 7 Nominations
Battle of Fairy Tail Arc - 5 Nominations

Alvarez Empire Arc - 4 Nominations
Galuna Island Arc - 2 Nominations
Oración Seis Arc - 1 Nomination
Edolas Arc - 1 Nomination
Macao Arc - 1 Nomination

Tartaros Arc - 18 votes
Grand Magic Games Arc - 13 votes
Phantom Lord Arc - 6 votes

Tenrou Island Arc - 25 votes
Tower of Heaven Arc - 16 votes
Battle of Fairy Tail Arc - 7 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info Thread.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I am going with GMG Arc.This is the arc where we learnt more about the Dragons,Acnologia and Sting and Rogue's first entry.

The fights were great.And we got to see newer characters and Guilds.

And also we got to see how strong Dragons were There was good Shipping moments also.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm tossing up with ToH and Battle of FT. I have ToH voted in atm, but could change. These were among the best arcs in the series imo.

Tenrou is good as well. It was stretched out a bit at times, but didn't have too many low points compared to subsequent arcs.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
TOH, FF and Tenrou. The arcs that defined FT as an awesome series (Phantom including, as being probably the best with TOH on the top pedestal). My vote goes to Tower of Heaven arc of course. Along with Phantom Lord arc, TOH is the best arc in FT, in my opinion.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
TOH, FF and Tenrou. The arcs that defined FT as an awesome series (Phantom including, as being probably the best with TOH on the top pedestal). My vote goes to Tower of Heaven arc of course. Along with Phantom Lord arc, TOH is the best arc in FT, in my opinion.
Pretty much this and the fights in these arcs were fabulous. After watching naruto I thought I finally got a no nonsense MC(natsu) who let his fist do the talking than talk no jutsu (naruto). Those powerups were hype back then.
Though tenrou gets my vote albiet of another coin tos. Frankly impossible to diffrentiate b/w them.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Tenrou island arc gets my vote.

The last arc for a lot of fairy tails when the masses left during the Gmg exodus. Tenrou island was good for me because every member of guild was useful or did something from Freed and Evergreen to Happy and Pantherlily. You also had Gildarts vs Natsu. Ultear's backstory. Cana's backstory. Meredy's backstory. The intro of Zeref, Acno, and Mavis which at that time was hype. Hades fight is also considered one of the series best fights. Natsu and Lucy vs Cain was awesome before it go repeated in Tartaros and Alvarez. Plus this arc had one of the most fun openings with the S class trials being interrupted. Bluenote vs Gildarts which was Gildarts only good fight on the manga. Laxus epic entrance in Hades fight.

ToH is a good arc. For me it is in the middle of my personal ranking. Not a single bad as Edolas and Avatar. Not as good as Tartaros and Phantom Lord. The anime is better than the manga. Jellal was a great villain. Jerza was good. Natsu vs Jellal was epic. Lucy freeing Juvia and then them doing a unison raid was cool. But I have issues with arc
1. Erza vs Ikaruga was one chapter long where Erza kept getting her armors stripped then she introduced Flame pants samurai armor and one shotted. She had previously one shotted Toby and Aria on previous arcs and Evergreen in the next arc but there is something about this bandages and samurai pants that I dislike.

2. Unison raids were introduced. People complain about plot device wins. This was a major plot device to get Juvia and Lucy to win against a guy who was IMMUNE TO WATER. And people said Mashima only got lazy lately. Pleazzzzzz

3. This arc had no other guild members besides team Natsu

4. Gray won against the guy who at each Natsu because the cold ice BURNT his mouth. So really it's a good thing Gray didn't fight Jellal. He wouldn't even need Ice shell since his ice is so much more destructive then Natsu'a fire. Not to mention the owl dude was such a bad villain for Gray. Like really Mashima? The most joke character given to Gray. Sigh. This was a bad arc for Gray even tho armor of the heart chapter showed Erza was a special person to him. He never actually got a chance to help her. Only save Natsu who saved Erza.

6. Mashima said he changed the underlings from Simon's group to Trinity Raven because simons group was so popular and you can tell because nobody cares about Trinity Raven unlike OS members and Element 4 + Gajeel and even GH. And Simon's group ended up background scenery for the arc.

7. The arc also basically boils down to Sho (chapter 78, and maybe chapter 77) Simon (the whole arc), Gray (chapter 89 armor of the heart), Natsu (the end of arc), Jellal (the whole arc), all fighting over who would bang Erza first. She was the trophy the whole arc was about.

8. Simon death was such a big plot device to get Natsu worked up. Sure it was so sad in beginning but as the one person to die in series..... his death pretty much became A) an obstacle for Jerza (which some may view as good) and 2) a reason for Kagura to give Jellal CPR for her act of forgiveness. Especially when Mashima turned right around and did the same thing a second time when Minerva stabbed Simon's sister in front of Erza in gmg. It's just sad of this treatment.

9. They switched Cancer for Virgo because she was a more popular spirit in anime. Then I have to hear fandom complain of why Lucy never uses all of her keys. Cuz this was only Lucy's third actively fighting time in manga. So at least Mashima was trying to include them all. Which is probably why he gave up on later arcs.

10. In ultear's bath scene (which think got cut from anime), she mentioned Zeref was never dead. So....... the whole point of the arc was worthless. Unlike Future Rogue who wanted to save the future or Mard who wanted to awaken END or Jose who wanted to take FT down or GH who wanted to use Zeref for various personal reasons. So if Jellal had succeeded in killing Erza. Someone would be like "Uh.... sorry sir. Zeref is already alive"

Fighting Festival. This arc was surprising good since Mashima said it came to him after ending the Erza chapter as he was preparing for OS. I like that in FF, all the women were being useful. Also Mira vs Freed was an awesome battle altho everyone forgot about it in nominating best battles. Also Mystogan vs Laxus was great. And Gajeel and Natsu vs Laxus was good. Erza vs Evergreen in the lesson on how to bluff was fun. And Lucy + Loke used strategy to fight together to win. While Levy first showed her smarts. And Juvia sacrificed herself for one of her only non Gray moments. Plus Laxus leaving at the end was really sad. And I find the festival being more epic in sending Laxus off then the fireworks sending Sho's group off. So I would be ok if this arc was chosen.

Last edited:

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Tenrou Island arc gets my vote.

Every character got themselves a role, and the fights were epic. Gray vs Ultear, Erza vs Azuma, Mirajane vs Azuma, Loke vs Zoldeo, Zancrow's impressive powers.. Just watching the anime scenes and OST that came with it were badass.
Ft's Team vs Hades was epic as fuck. Tho I didn't like Laxus giving his power to Natsu, or the cats being the ones to provide weakness to hades's heart. Still a good fight tho

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Voting for Tenrou.

Xesfer

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Tenrou Island Arc

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Battle of Fairy Tail Arc.

Unlike the other two, I enjoyed every single moment in this arc. I didn't quite like the ending of the Tenrou Island Arc (with Fairy Sphere) and I thought the beginning of the Tower of Heaven Arc was a little boring (with Wally, Shô, and Millianna).

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Battle of Fairy Tail. Nothing felt better than watching the guild be destroyed from the inside out by four people. Then watching Gray get his ass kicked by Bixlow and seeing Laxus almost murder Natsu. Just a really feelgood arc.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Battle of Fairy Tail was great because the only way to beat Fairy Tail is if Fairy Tail fights Fairy Tail (this sounds better in my head).

anyway, voting for Tenoru arc because it had awesome moments.

Gildarts vs Natsu, Makarov vs Hades, Laxus' epic entrance, Team Natsu+Laxus vs Hades, full introduction of Zeref and Acnologia who were scary back then unlike now :fail

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Battle of Fairy Tail was great because the only way to beat Fairy Tail is if Fairy Tail fights Fairy Tail (this sounds better in my head).

Gildarts vs Natsu, Makarov vs Hades, Laxus' epic entrance, Team Natsu+Laxus vs Hades, full introduction of Zeref and Acnologia who were scary back then unlike now :fail
I voted for Tenrou Island because of Makarov vs Hades since it's fun to watch/read Hades destroy Makarov. As well as Gildarts scaring the shit of Natsu which is so enjoyable watch Natsu shit his pants.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States

Man I wiill say this gildarts making natsu surrender was and will always will be one of the most iconic moment of FT. Besides makarov vs hades looked like a fight b/w two mages with those badass spells and the final fight was cool too. Even zancrow was cool, his fight wasn't bad its just the ending was craapy though. Tenrou was awesome.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Tenrou because of the first introduction of Zeref and Acnologia.
And holding hands in the end.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Battle of Fairy Tail. Nothing felt better than watching the guild be destroyed from the inside out by four people. Then watching Gray get his ass kicked by Bixlow and seeing Laxus almost murder Natsu. Just a really feelgood arc.
Well Battle of Fairy Tail does have some good scenes, like when Freed was fodderizing Cana, and making her look the typical useless person she truly is. Just goes to show how haxed and underrated Freed is though. His runes are very impressive that it can sap away any person's magic completely to zero when stepping on them, which is exactly what happened in the battle of Gray vs Bixlow. Bixlow had to cheat massively to win, when prior to that he was getting destroyed by Gray via CQC and had to run away like a chicken from Gray, just to lure him into that Freed's trap.. Gray who was turned into a a non-magician at the time was impressive enough to still land a non-magic fused punch knocking Bixlow down after enduring (or tanking) an energy beam from Bixlow with zero magical energy in his body.

Overall, Just goes to how very very poorly treated Gray has been in some arcs, and obviously in this arc, especially lost just so Lucy can shine here against Bixlow.

Battle of Fairy tail isn't my favourite, because of the plot of the villian. Laxus basically bitching and throwing tantrums like a school girl with panties wet because Makarov isn't listenening to him for the guild should be.. Nothing really complex or interesting about that, just cringey. So basically the whole arc it's just Laxus being an asshole as usual.. Overall I liked the ending of Battle of Fairy tail, because of the conclusion of Laxus getting kicked out, and spreading dem tears.

I voted for Tenrou Island because of Makarov vs Hades since it's fun to watch/read Hades destroy Makarov. As well as Gildarts scaring the shit of Natsu which is so enjoyable watch Natsu shit his pants.
That part was truly glorious.

Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well Battle of Fairy Tail does have some good scenes, like when Freed was fodderizing Cana, and making her look the typical useless person she truly is. Just goes to show how haxed and underrated Freed is though. His runes are very impressive that it can sap away any person's magic completely to zero when stepping on them, which is exactly what happened in the battle of Gray vs Bixlow. Bixlow had to cheat massively to win, when prior to that he was getting destroyed by Gray via CQC and had to run away like a chicken from Gray, just to lure him into that Freed's trap.. Gray who was turned into a a non-magician at the time was impressive enough to still land a non-magic fused punch knocking Bixlow down after enduring (or tanking) an energy beam from Bixlow with zero magical energy in his body.

Overall, Just goes to how very very poorly treated Gray has been in some arcs, and obviously in this arc, especially lost just so Lucy can shine here against Bixlow.

Battle of Fairy tail isn't my favourite, because of the plot of the villian. Laxus basically bitching and throwing tantrums like a school girl with panties wet because Makarov isn't listenening to him for the guild should be.. Nothing really complex or interesting about that, just cringey. So basically the whole arc it's just Laxus being an asshole as usual.. Overall I liked the ending of Battle of Fairy tail, because of the conclusion of Laxus getting kicked out, and spreading dem tears.

That part was truly glorious.
What part Hades destroying Makarov or Gildarts making Natsushit his pants? Yeah Laxus kicked out of was one of my favorite parts of the Battle of Fairy Tail because Laxus got what he deserved.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Lol again, like with the best fight thread. Tartaros and Tenrou are awesome arcs, but they are not superior to Tower of Heaven or Pahntom Lord in my opinion.
I think ill go with Tenrou. Tenrou introduced Zeref and Acnologia, and the ending is one of the most surprising endings of all ars in FT. lol i cant think of a mangaka who did a 7 year timeskip in the ending of the first part of his or her series.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Tenrou arc has the best villain and introduction of Zeref and Acnologia.

ToH was great but the villains sucked bar Jellal.

Phantom had Makarov's greatness and Gajeel.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Tenrou here.

Status
Not open for further replies.