Best Death/Saddest Moment | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Death/Saddest Moment

The Best Death/Saddest Moment is...?

• Meryem and Komugi's death

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • Kushina and Minato's death

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Jiraiya's death

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Maes Hughe's death

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Merry Go viking's funeral

Votes: 35 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
And the Best Death/Saddest Moment is...

Meryem and Komugi's Death
(Information)

:confetti
Congratulations to this sad Death! :crying
so how did the STAR'S and the staff vote? Let's take a look :3c

Staff: Maes Hughe's Death

STARS: Jiraya's Death

Welcome to the nomination phase of
Best Death/Saddest Moment

This thread if for this specific nomination only, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the MH Manga Awards 2011 Discussion Thread.

Nomination InfoPlease remember, that you may nominate only one title for this award. However during the nomination phase, you can always change your nomination. For more information about how the Awards work, please check the opening post of the thread linked above.

"Please note that for categories that were included last year, the winner of last year's award for that specific category can't be nominated this year..

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nomination clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated title with bolded text and color. Example: I nominate <insert title> for <insert category>

To avoid major spoilers, please use spoiler tags for your nominations in this category.

Also please explain briefly the reason for your nomination.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for understanding!

The 5 official nominees:

Meryem and Komugi's death from Hunter x Hunter
Kushina and Minato's death from Naruto
Jiraiya's death from Naruto
Merry go viking's funeral from One Piece
Maes Hughes' death from Full Metal Alchemist

Rest of the Nominations

Vegeta's death from Dragon Ball (2)
Portgas D. Ace by Gotenkss
Edward Newgate's death from One Piece by zerocooldx
Kushina hugging Naruto in ch. 501 of Naruto by newkerzy
Ichimaru Gin's death from Bleach by stark94
Fisher Tiger's death from One Piece by hoeru
Nina's Death from FMA
Band of Hawk Death from Berserk
Itachi's Death from Naruto
Otohime's Death from One Piece
Theresa's Death from Claymore
Ichimaru Gin's Death from Bleach
Sieghart protectin Ellie/Resha from Rave
Utsumi breaking up with Yuki from Good Ending

Last edited by a moderator:

zerocooldx

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate from One Piece Portgas D. Ace for Saddest Moment and Edward Newgate for Best Death.

Edit: Oh...i thought these were two different things. I assumed best death and saddest death meant different things. So i'll just nominate Edward Newgate's death from One Piece.

Last edited:

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I nominate ch. 501 of Naruto where Kushina is hugging Naruto as the saddest moment.

stark94

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I nominate the Death of Ichimaru Gin as the best and saddest moment.

ErosVp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I nominate the death of Meryem from Hunter X Hunter for Best Death/Saddest Moment.

Anyone who saw it understands! The emotion of the scene leaves anyone speechless it is impossible to describe...

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I nominate the death of Meryem from Hunter X Hunter for Best Death/Saddest Moment.
I support that

Gotenkss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I support One Piece Portgas D. Ace for Saddest Moment and Edward Newgate for Best Death.

kdowns

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I nominate Maes Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist for Saddest and Best death

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
This is one category guys. Which means that there's no death and saddest moment. They are combined because a death can both be epic and/or sad, but a saddest moment doesn't have to be a death either.

Also, it's not mentioned in the OP, but we really need spoiler tags in all the nominations in this category. Modifying OP and adding spoiler tags.

I nominate Jiraiya for Best Death/Saddest Moment

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
I'd also like to nominate a death scene from One Piece if it's okay - from the current arc past chapter 598:
Fisher Tiger's death, the whole mystery that was created around him: Instead of being a hero who climbed up the 10kms of the Red Line and freed the slaves - he was one of them.

A death that sure influenced the in-world of that manga for the next tens of years. I know some readers are disappointed about the arc itself but I find this really outstanding.

To me the scene is also one of the saddest moments in the whole manga because the scene itself is pure tragedy to me: The former slave chooses to die instead of being saved from the blood of the kind who enslaved him and many of his comerades. And instead of his final words becoming the seed of peace he wanted to become true, it pushed extremists into rage.

Visually much less "EPIC!!!!" than Whitebeard's death, and much less impact on the protagonists' characters' than Ace's death but it weights as heavy to the story. Leaving them aside it's IMHO the most "important death" Oda has placed into his manga.

meeedoooz

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
well i'm torn apart , there are two moments that i find the best death and saddest moment....

i nominate Kushina and Minato's - fourth hokage- death from Naruto to this category . it was very emotional seeing how in one moment both of them can be so happy with the birth of their child and welcoming him to the world and in the next moment they are saying good bye cause they have to sacrifice their live to save his and the whole village

Darjaille

Custom Title
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I'll just agree,

nominating Minato and Kushina's death (Naruto) as the most epic and saddest. Minato's showdown and then the both sacrificing themselves, really touching. It's the most touching manga scene of all times, for me (never ever read it without breaking into crying and sobbing).

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meryem's and Kogami death from Hunter x Hunter in chapter 318. The monsterous Meryem dies with his human lover. It was so sad yet the best death because of their last conversation with one another.

Edit: Kogami did die roughly around the same time as Meryem but its a whole chapter anyways so its both of their deaths as the best death and saddest moment.

Last edited:

Katz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I support One Piece Portgas D. Ace for Saddest Moment.

Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Meryem's and Komugi's death from Hunter x Hunter in chapter 318
For a guy that hasn't read the manga, are those events related to eachother? If they don't happen at the same time it wouldn't be fit to view them as one happening.

For example if you are up to date with Naruto:
Minato and Kushina's deaths happened at the same time, so I would count them as "twin deaths". But if one dies a while after the other, it's not the same thing.

I support One Piece Portgas D. Ace for Saddest Moment and Edward Newgate for Best Death.
Like I posted above, this isn't two categories. You can only make one nomination and must thus choose one of the two.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
For a guy that hasn't read the manga, are those events related to eachother? If they don't happen at the same time it wouldn't be fit to view them as one happening.
Then yes. They are together, Meryem dies at Komugi's lap and Komugi dies after saying his name. So twin deaths is right.

Last edited:

hadingrh

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Jiraiya's death.. i missed him a lot :((

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Anyone who saw it understands! The emotion of the scene leaves anyone speechless it is impossible to describe...
I support this nomination.

Teubier

Reaction score
Country
Reunion
I'd like to nominate Vegeta's death against Freeza in Dragon Ball Z for Best Death/Saddest Moment.

My reason is very simple, I was a kid at the time and I had the saddest dream involving his death the night that followed. No other character's death moved me like that since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.