Best Female Lead | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Female Lead

The Best Female Lead is...?

• Mikasa Ackerman

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Kuchiki Rukia

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Nami

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • Gally

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Lucy

Votes: 8 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Agreed with Darjaille, the mentioned characters can be considered as "female leads", and they are in sense as the most significant/most page time/other ways notable female characters in their respective mangas. But they are not leads in a sense that Gally is. Gally really is the lead character. And wonderfull character in general too. That's why I nominated her and will vote her. None of the other characters mentioned here do not deserve the win as much her imho. Not saying that I don't like those characters, in partcilar Erza and Hilda are two of my fav shonen heroines. Just not as awesome and leading as Gally :nod

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Screen time doesn't make a character a leading character, the leading characters are the ones which the story and the plot focuses on and it moves according to their events.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Really? Quoting Wikipedia? Again, screen time doesn't make a character a leading character, it just makes it the one with more screen time. No one thinks that R2-D2 and C3PO were the main leads and they have most screen time than the rest. They even go thought the whole series.

To be a main character the requirement is quite simple: To have the plot spin around you while you tell the story. In the case of Fairy Tail, the one who is telling the story is not Natsu, it's Lucy. And the title of the piece is not Dragon Slayers, it's Fairy Tail. The damn guild. That means that the main lead of Fairy Tail is Fairy Tail. That also means that each character there has the chance to be the main one. Being the fact that Erza does not only have major screentime but the story was about her most of times, you can consider her a leading character without too much trouble.

You're thinking too much like Hollywood and forgetting that manga is not necessarily the same. Two major different formats.

Darjaille

Custom Title
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Wikipedia? Ok.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading_actor "Sometimes there is more than one significant leading role in a dramatic piece, and the actors are said to play co-leads; a large supporting role may be considered a secondary lead. Award nominations for acting often reflect such ambiguities. Thus, sometimes two actors in the same performance piece are nominated for Best Actor or Best Actress -- categories traditionally reserved for leads. There can even be controversy over whether a particular performance should be nominated in the Best Actor/Actress or Best Supporting Actor/Actress category.

A title role often is not necessarily the lead."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_lead "(Redirected from Female lead)
Leading lady is an informal term for the actress who plays a secondary lead or supporting role, usually a love interest, to the leading actor in a film or play. It is not usually applied to the leading actress in the performance if her character is the protagonist."

:XD

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Forget about the lead & support next year & just go with best female character & best male character ... We wouldn't have this really stupid conversation.

Last edited:

Tiranofrome

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
this is really hard with all those characters that arent leads at all , making me rethink big time

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I would go with Erza Scarlet.:) She is really what I want to see from female lead.:) She is beautiful, sexy and really moves the plot.:)

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I voted for Gally but I hesitated. I was tempted to vote for Erza in order to make her win both Best lead & Best Support ... Where is my "rolleyes" smiley when I need it ?

I confirm what I already said:
Forget about the lead & support next year & just go with best female character & best male character ...

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Really, Gally is the only female lead here in the core meaning of the word. The others are nice characters too (especially Mikasa and Erza) but they just don't cut it. They do not carry the story in the way Gally does nor reach the same character depth as her. And she is also hot and kick-ass.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just to make this easier,who is Gally?Or,what manga is she from?

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
She is from GUNNM. The character in my current set.

Cybernetics specilists Ido finds half of a beautifull cyborg girl from a dump yard. He takes it with him, and rebuilts her a body, to find out that she has amnesia. He names her Gally after his late cat. Slowly a chain of events leads Gally regaining a bit of her past, a martial art called Panzerkunst. Which leads her into a live of a bountyhunter. For starters.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
In the end I voted for Nami.

And don't worry zellogan...I'll make sure if I'm still here to completely remove this category next year xD

Tiranofrome

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
its really funny how only 2 of those girls are female leads in their representing series , but still got to the finals

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lucy from FT gets my vote.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
She is from GUNNM. The character in my current set.

Cybernetics specilists Ido finds half of a beautifull cyborg girl from a dump yard. He takes it with him, and rebuilts her a body, to find out that she has amnesia. He names her Gally after his late cat. Slowly a chain of events leads Gally regaining a bit of her past, a martial art called Panzerkunst. Which leads her into a live of a bountyhunter. For starters.
Sounds quite interesting actually.But as I have not witnessed her awesomeness,I'll go with Mikasa.She's so badass,I have no doubt she's at least as awesome as Gally.

damane08

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Erza has been nominated as best female lead and best female support... I wonder how that happened.

Tiranofrome

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Erza has been nominated as best female lead and best female support... I wonder how that happened.
how could it possible happen , besides ppl not taking a second to think what defines one character as lead and as support ?

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
how could it possible happen , besides ppl not taking a second to think what defines one character as lead and as support ?
It's mostly my fault. Wont happen again next year :D I promise.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Why isn't Mikasa winning? She is the rare female character in a shounen-action series that does things. Mikasa is the character that everyone who has ever complained about Sakura has been dreaming of. And while I love Nami, Mikasa would kick her ass without breaking a sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.