Best Full Cast | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Full Cast

Which series has the Best Full Cast?

• Bleach

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Fairy Tail

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • Gintama

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Tower of God

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Fullmetal Alchemist

Votes: 37 32.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I vote Fairy Tail

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I'm so going to nominate Fairy Tail for this.

BlackHair

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I support Dragonball - Its the manga which brought me to this world. Honestly Im not sure If I would be reading manga today if it wasn't for DB. It clearly deserves more credit. Also Z was just a addition in the anime. The manga goes by name without Z.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'll support Tower of God. Just to encourage it, I think there are better casts. It's not half-bad, though.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'll support Tower of God. Just to encourage it, I think there are better casts. It's not half-bad, though.
I nominated ToG earlier for the same reason. And also because, in this category, One piece is just that much far ahead of everything else. If I had to chose one award for one piece, it would be this one. But as it won last year, I just use this award as an "ads" for ToG.

The results so far are as expected: a duel between fairy tail & FMA. FMA is an exceptional piece of work in which there is a great cast while Fairy Tail main (and only ??) quality is the full cast.

natsu78

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I'll support Beelzebub for it's nomination.

The cast well balanced in terms of comedy and i like the most of them.

raDar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I see no nomination for Negima so I nominate it. Akamatsu does a great job in making this really huge number of cast with all of them having a great characterization. Seriously, this is one of Negima's edge, imo.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I will remind you that tomorrow is the last day of voting! I already updated the OP, tomorrow night will make the last check! Don't forget to call for users to make your nominees to the final voting!

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its a hard choice between Bleach and Fairy Tail but I invested more in Bleach so it gets my vote.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Bleach - Cool designs, cool swords. But by name I remember maybe 10 characters. Which tells enough. Mostly meh. I think some characters are there just to look cool.
Fairy Tail - Wide cast if interesting personalities, but somehow I just don't feel them.
Gintama - I'm a bad judge here, I have only seen clips from the anime. But I hear the the cast is the reason why the series is so good, so I bet the characters are good.
Tower of God - Tried to read this. I'll try again sometime maybe.
FMA - Wide cast of interesting characters with their own personalities, and what is more remarkable, everyone had their roles to play in the big picture. My vote goes here.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States
FMA easily. I've never read another manga where almost every single character is so likeable and so well-developed. And with such a large cast, that's quite a feat. Even the bad guys were somehow likeable! :zomg Gintama also has an amazing cast but, to me, just doesn't quite measure up to FMA.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
This one is really hard. For once I agree with all nominees. Well I guess FMA should get it but I think it deserves the best completed manga award better. So I'm going to advertise Tower of God too. It's a web comic with great potential. One see that the author has made lots of effort in the plot preparation sometime almost worthy of (let's not be afraid of using the big names :-) Eichiiro Oda.
Anyway, I'm already happy these awards allowed some members to discover it.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I had an hard time to chose among 4 nominations (all but bleach).
Even though I like the captains, Ichigo, the vizards,... there are 3 things preventing me to vote for it: Chad - Ishida - Orihime.
The 3 friends from High school are just "meh" characters.
I already described Orihime in an other thread:
To me, she is just a "meh" character with a very useful ability. She is doubting herself all the time, her main dialog is saying "Ichigo ..." with a worrying face. It's not even that I hate her, It's just that I don't care at all. She is just a clueless loveydovey doll.

Chad is a stereotype: a big heavy fighter with raw strength who doesn't say a lot of things. He is a character designed to be strong. Problem: HE IS FUCKING WEAK

Ishida: He was introducted as an arrogant rival for ichigo. He nearly defeated a captain. At the time, I though he was cool ... Now there is a problem: he is still arrogant BUT HE IS NOW FUCKING WEAK AS WELL.

Those 3 characters were introducted earlier in the story & Kubo doesn't know what to do with them. I really do think that Chad should be dead, Orihime left at home to do the nurse when fighters are coming back & Ishida need a real power up ... I still have hope for Ishida because of his father.

Amon the others, As I had no real preferences, I voted for ToG in order to promote an awesome new work.

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
So Naruto didn't make to this point. Quite a disappointment, specially when manga like Bleach and Fairy Tail did. But oh well ... since i haven't read Tower of God, i think i am going to nominate FMA, though i have only saw the anime.

The explanations why i am not going to vote for FT and Bleach is the fact that i don't really thing there characters are really that well developed. I just read Bleach till 270's chapters, and one the reasons was because i felt the characters were kinda plain. I mean, i couldn't understand why they acted like they did or what bound did connect some of them. Those moments should had been more "worked" by the author IMO.
Fairy Tail's characters are not bad ... but there's still something missing IMO.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
To me, one of the weak point of Naruto is that like in Bleach, some of the characters are put aside. It's Naruto and Naruto and... Naruto again. As a consequence it doesn't really have its place here. Fairy Tail may have some weak points but the balance between the characters is well done and I think it deserve its place among the nominee for this particular award.

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
To me, one of the weak point of Naruto is that like in Bleach, some of the characters are put aside. It's Naruto and Naruto and... Naruto again. As a consequence it doesn't really have its place here. Fairy Tail may have some weak points but the balance between the characters is well done and I think it deserve its place among the nominee for this particular award.
Yeah ... i understand what you mean. Part II, as been centered more on Naruto. And the consequence is less screen time for other characters, that were also one of Naruto's strong points. But we can't forget that Naruto has MILLIONS of characters. And even though on the second part, specially the "rookies" didn't get much screen time, we can't forget that Kishi did give a lot of character development to others like Nagato, Tobi, Kabuto, Sasuke, Deidara, Itachi, Jiraya, Kisame and Hanzou. These last two final development was amazing.

Can you guys imagining something like that on Fairy Tail or Bleach? I can't. I mean i keep thinking that a lot of people are more unfair for Naruto, than what they really should be. Imo it's easily way better than Bleach or FT on this category.
The author managed to make some decent, others good, but it's still a small list, at least compared to Naruto.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Kishi created tons of characters but simply couldn't manage them. Fairy Tail is simply much better handled in that area. The author isn't adding too many characters & old ones are not forgotten. Plus, all woman in Naruto are just badly handled. The only thing he did for all those girls is to cast them as nurses.

Finally, in your own example, most characters are just villains who received an explanation before dying. Kishi is now doing fan service for years. Exceptionnal form but behind it ... It's just so easy to introduce new characters, give them awesome superpowers & then just forget about old characters for some time.

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The only cool characters in Naruto lately were Raikage and Killer Bee (Maybe also Darui) and they were all from Kumogakure. The rest were ALL lame. Seriously.

blackjack612

Reviewer
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was a tough one. I was tempted to vote Fullmetal Alchemist or Bleach but I think Tower of God best utilized its cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.