Final Voting Round - Best Hosts | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Voting Round Best Hosts

Best Hosts

• Copy Panda

• Copy Panda, desin24, Evil3ye (MG89 - OMO Weekly)

• GrySun (MG 92 - Kingdom Rush)

• Copy Panda, Farfalla, Hardy, MarmaladeSky (MG93 - BnHA)

• Evil3ye, Hardy, MArGi (MG96 - Civ)

• Copy Panda, Ēsu Taichou, GB, Purity of Magi, revo (MG97 - Omoneko)

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

This thread's purpose is to decide who are the best hosts in Mafia games. You were impressed by their efforts and dedication, they were patient and helpful whenever you had questions or issues to discuss, perhaps they were pleasant and stimulating to host with, or you simply enjoyed their games a lot. Who did you appreciate the most among those working behind the scenes?

Note: Any couple or group of people who hosted at least one game together is eligible as a single nomination.

Voting Round Final
  • Time: 5 days -> until December 8th
  • Members can only vote for one name out of the remaining nominees.
  • In case of a tie for most votes, all tied nominees will be considered winners.
  • Remember that we are focusing on players and games from the past year (from Game 87 - Baccano! and onward).

@Copy Panda, @desin24, @Evil3ye (MG89 - OMO Weekly) [10]
@Copy Panda, @Ēsu Taichou, @GB, @Purity of Magi, @revo (MG97 - Omoneko) [8]
@Copy Panda, @Farfalla, @Hardy, @MarmaladeSky (MG93 - BnHA) [6]
@Copy Panda [6]
@Evil3ye, @Hardy, @MArGi (MG96 - Civ) [4]
@GrySun (MG 92 - Kingdom Rush) [4]

@Asako, @Purity of Magi, @SonOfDaws (MG94 - Magi) [3]
@revo [2]
@Gajeel, @Hardy (MG88 - Pokémon) [1]
@Purity of Magi [0]
@Copy Panda
@GrySun (MG 92 - Kingdom Rush)
@Purity of Magi
@revo
@Gajeel, @Hardy (MG88 - Pokémon)
@Copy Panda, @desin24, @Evil3ye (MG89 - OMO Weekly)
@Copy Panda, @Farfalla, @Hardy, @MarmaladeSky (MG93 - BnHA)
@Asako, @Purity of Magi, @SonOfDaws (MG94 - Magi)
@Evil3ye, @Hardy, @MArGi (MG96 - Civ)
@Copy Panda, @Ēsu Taichou, @GB, @Purity of Magi, @revo (MG97 - Omoneko)

Remember that this event is for fun purposes. As always, keep the tone friendly and respectful.

To view the rules and general info about the Awards, click [HERE].

Last edited:

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Panda be like: can't lose Best Host award if you host every game

@Evil3ye + @Copy Panda + @desin24 these 3 fit very well together and fill each other's gaps seamlessly. In MG89 Omo Weekly.

Evil3ye + @Hardy + @MArGi in MG96 Civ. Very well hosted with few to no flaws iirc.

SonOfDaws + Asako + Purity of Magi - delivered very well in MG94 Magi.

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
MG96 civ hosts. Thank you guys.
AHHHHH this one is too hard, we need multiple winners for this category.
I love the Civ game, I was thinking I may just be biased for liking the theme a lot.

Omoneko would be a close second for me, the 2 games have different strong points.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
This year I hosted a whole lot (surprisingly, a positive side-effect of the lockdown), and did so not only with my usual fam but also with new peoples as well! I've received lots of help and learnt a lot from my fellow hosts; there's been those who took over while I was super sick, those who helped out when I was stuck figuring out certain rulings and others who stood by me while things were getting hot and heated post-game >_<

Though I think my games this year (compared to earlier games) have been a bit more subdued, nonetheless, I'm grateful to all who endured and/or enjoyed the (sigh) panda games, those who granted me the creative freedom to play around with texts and mechanics and those who matched my spice (players and hosts alike). It's super fun to push the limits of group games and design rules and escapades that serve to further spice up the MG experiences.

Anyway, to celebrate my familia, (and since I can nominate only three games) I'll nominate a couple I think are very deserving

🔥 BnHA - @Farfalla @Hardy @MarmaladeSky
💀 Omoneko - @Purity of Magi @revo @GB @Ēsu Taichou
💴 Omo Weekly - @Evil3ye @desin24

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
hosts that needed to host kill a guy cause they fugged up are winning this?? AAAAAAH

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I can see how anyone, not only those who saw their enjoyment of a game being damaged by a host mistake, might think otherwise, so everyone is of course free to vote how they feel and for the reasons they deem more important.

But in my personal opinion, when I wrote the category description last year, I purposefully left out any reference to what makes a Best Host having something to do with never having made a mistake or only hosting perfectly smooth games. Mistakes happen, and for several reasons - sometimes with the fault being entirely on the hosts. I don't think that should take away from someone appreciating how the people involved behaved as a whole when hosting their games, including every example from said description and, why not, even how those hosts behaved in having to acknowledge and deal with their own mistakes.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Specially when we're talking about one mistake during the course of what, 2 weeks? ^^" I lost count of how many days those hosts incessantly dedicated to that game.
Didn‘t they also mess up the Demon-Hardy thing?

I agree with Vand, but exactly because it‘s easy to make mistakes it is more impressive for me in some other games this year that they went without incident while also being fairly long.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Uh but fairly long is not as long lmao. A week long game is rly so drainy and heavy to host...

In any case, in spite of criticism/merit stances - or of this situation as a whole, I don't think DD's remark is in the spirit of the event, imo. Just my 2 cents.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Magi game was pretty long and without errors iirc, I‘d campaign for votes there but last day so rip.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
In Magi Bran was a goi turned into a mafia or something like that, he got very screwed by the system lmao, for example.
But if that's your sole criteria for how to "rank" a top one, then I personally used other things as well. Not that it's easy to select, gladly we have many creative and dedicated people to bring in games monthly to the community.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
In Magi Bran was a goi turned into a mafia or something like that, he got very screwed by the system lmao, for example.
But if that's your sole criteria for how to "rank" a top one, then I personally used other things as well. Not that it's easy to select, gladly we have many creative and dedicated people to bring in games monthly to the community.
It‘s not the only criteria no, I rate it based on a lot of things. Overall the games this year were pretty good in all ways imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.