Best Male Lead | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Male Lead

Who is the Best Male Lead?

• Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Votes: 49 43.4%
  • Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto)

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Votes: 19 16.8%
  • Yagami Light (Death Note)

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Thorfinn (Vinland Saga)

Votes: 11 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hao-sama

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I support Monkey D. Luffy for Best Male Lead. One of the best heroes main characters ever.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I nominate Kevin Yamagata from Billy Bat.

Only Urasawa can make a comic artist this epic! And have an epic story around him! The characters facial expressions are so realistic that he is a very convincing lead. A brilliant character all in all with a clear hero personality at times.

madmax

Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto.

Christina Sierra

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Mh, if also Vegeta can be nominated as lead, can I nominate Yuu Kanda from D.Gray-man, even if officially the protagonist should be Allen as Goku is in Dragon Ball?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Mh, if also Vegeta can be nominated as lead, can I nominate Yuu Kanda from D.Gray-man, even if officially the protagonist should be Allen as Goku is in Dragon Ball?
well main characters don't have to be the lead characters per se, Vegeta played an important role and got a lot of screentime after the first big timeskip so he can be considered a main. The same goes for Kanda so yeah, you can nominate him :) I will add him to the list

BlackHair

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I will support Monkey D Luffy.

He is funny, cocky, carefree, dumb, hungry and a D.

natsu78

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I 'll support the nomination for Natsu dragneel.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
For me Monkey D. Luffy is the only option in this poll.:)
He is one of the best main manga characters overall for me.:)

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Thorfinn: Unfortunately I don't know Vinland Saga well enough in order to judge.
Naruto: Great character. Kind of guy you wish he was your friend. But I do think that the character was destroyed a little.Naruto was a dropout fighting destiny in order to prove the world that you can be bad at something but that you can make it by working hard.
A great example of that is when he said to Neji that he had issues with a jutsu that he never could accomplish ... And when naruto say the name of the jutsu to Neji (bunshin no jutsu), it was awesome. At that time, Naruto was IMO the greatest character in the mangaverse.
BUT then we learn that his father is yondaime hokage & that Naruto was revealed to be te chosen one to jiraya. So, it was his destiny all along to be a super ninja ... so, basically, all Naruto is doing is just accomplishing his destiny while he spend his whole life fighting destiny.
Edward Elric: Good character but he didn't stand out that much for me. The overall cast in FMA was awesome but I don't think there was one particular character standing out. It's as a whole that they were good.
Yagami Light: I nearly voted for him. A badass extremely smart cold blooded killer as a main character. But Light was only so great of a character because of L (then Near & Melo). What is Mortimer without Sherlock, Simon without Garfunkel ... what is Light without his opponents.
Luffy : the straw hats are easily my fav group of characters in any media (mangas, tv series, movies, Belgian Comics, ...). And the straw hats are build around that crazy character. He meets all the requirements in order to be the perfect shounen hero: Heroic, Good, Nuts, Provocative, Easily making friends, an eating maniac, borderline stupid, full of surprises ...

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Luffy is one of those character that cares shit about destiny and that may be his most important characteristic.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are a few good choices and it comes down to Edward or Luffy for me.

But I've stuck with Luffy for 600+ chapters and while Ed is awesome Luffy is just more awesome because the manga is longer lol.

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
There are a few good choices and it comes down to Edward or Luffy for me.

But I've stuck with Luffy for 600+ chapters and while Ed is awesome Luffy is just more awesome because the manga is longer lol.
Not going to lie, but that is a Shitty reason.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not going to lie, but that is a Shitty reason.
Judging from your sig and avatar aren't you a little biased towards Ed? My post was made as a joke hence the lol at the end.

Also why is it a shitty reason to like a character if their manga is longer and logically they have better moments spread out throughout the manga vs the 108 chapters Edward gets and he isn't even in some of the chapters?

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Judging from your sig and avatar aren't you a little biased towards Ed? My post was made as a joke hence the lol at the end.

Also why is it a shitty reason to like a character if their manga is longer and logically they have better moments spread out throughout the manga vs the 108 chapters Edward gets and he isn't even in some of the chapters?
Just because it's only "108" it was a monthly series with some chapters having more pages than the weekly series wouldn't reach in a month. There is a huge difference, and no I am not biased towards Ed. Hell even if I was biased why would that matter as it is my own opinion. Yes, I know Luffy's character, and honestly I believe he is over-rated.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just because it's only "108" it was a monthly series with some chapters having more pages than the weekly series wouldn't reach in a month. There is a huge difference, and no I am not biased towards Ed. Hell even if I was biased why would that matter as it is my own opinion. Yes, I know Luffy's character, and honestly I believe he is over-rated.
I agree with you that Luffy can be overrated sometimes but hey its just a vote. I think that Luffy is a great Male lead. FMA ended a while back, maybe if it ended recently I would have voted for Ed. Still you never know, Ed might just win in the end. :)

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I agree with you that Luffy can be overrated sometimes but hey its just a vote. I think that Luffy is a great Male lead. FMA ended a while back, maybe if it ended recently I would have voted for Ed. Still you never know, Ed might just win in the end. :)
Your reasons are puzzling.In what way does the length of a manga or its age have anything to do with the quality of the main character?

Naruffy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted for Luffy as well, but I like his character more so than I do Ed's. It really doesn't make sense to like a character more simply because the manga they're in is on going or has more chapters, because then you're really not taking the character into account, just the manga and how recent it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.