Best Manga of 2011 | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Manga of 2011

The Best Manga of 2011 is...?

• Hunter x Hunter

Votes: 47 32.0%
  • Naruto

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • Shingeki No Kyojin

Votes: 23 15.6%
  • One Piece

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • Toriko

Votes: 12 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

miotara

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm nominating Hunter x Hunter.
The hiatus ended just few months ago but the series made one hell of a comeback. It's been exciting ever since it restarted and let's not forget the heads up to the author who at long last decided to go over 20 chapters in a row since 5 or 6 years ago, or maybe even more, lost count ;)

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=HegemonKhan]
we're still deciding on what to do with the tie breakers, and I'm seeing if I can include your "votes"-nominations or not... as they are late...*

*we do have time zone differences, so maybe we'll include your "votes"-nominations... but we may not, so I'm not sure yet if we'll allow them or not.

(I'll get back to you guys/girls, as soon as I can - as soon as we decide on what to do)[/mod]

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

[mod=HegemonKhan]
Your votes have been counted, as officially they were not late (phio-chan official ended it at ~2 pm), my apologizes for my mess up. Everything has been updated.[/mod]

---------- Post added January 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was January 08, 2012 at 10:46 PM ----------

[mod=HegemonKhan]There's a Poll up for Breaking the Tie (see OP), so go vote in the poll![/mod]

Last edited:

amataresu

Reaction score
Country
India
I vote for One Piece
Its my most favourite Manga. I started reading Manga with Naruto then Bleach, then Dragon ball and the OP, but OP has taken a place in my heart with all the humour and fun.
All of the characters are stupid enough to put a smile on our faces no matter how many time we have read it. :)

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Final vote starts only after the break tie

And as good as one piece is, it does not deserve the 2011 award. When one arc disapoints so many readers, he shouldn't have been in the nominees in the first place

dr.mohd.arbash

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm supporting Naruto..

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
As K-dom already said,

[mod=HegemonKhan]Sorry, but the "voting" for the 5 nominations has ended, EXCEPT for the last nominations, the Tie Breaking, which is done via the Poll at the top. After, we've got our last nomination via the poll tie breaker, then we'll do the REAL-FINAL voting amongst the 5 nominations for the Winner of the Award of Best Manga of 2011. The poll should end in 3 days, which should be on Friday, I believe. You may of course post your comments here, but no votes within your posts will be counted, until the real voting starts up after we get these tie breakers done. So, please "Vote" via the Poll for now![/mod]

Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Vote for Toriko people! It's an awesome manga and has been awesome the whole year of 2011 without exception! Bring out the food lover in you and vote!

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Especially since Gamaran has lost some of its appeal recently

omegakai

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate Toriko

CristiStar

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I vote for toriko

most interesting mainstream manga since one piece:)

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=HegemonKhan]
Hopefully you guys/girls voted via-in the poll above... as posted votes aren't counted for this "Tie Breaker" Phase.

The actual VOTING for the single Winner of the Best Manga of 2011 will commence on Sat, I think. As soon as we get done-ready with these nominations, anyways. We should definately be starting by next week... I think, lol.

So if these posts were meant to be for the actual VOTING, please re-post these votes then when we start it, but not yet...
[/mod]

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
This year,I never expected such a comeback as the one in HxH. I really expect , in this category, an overwellming victory for HxH.
Zodiac, Gin, Leorio, Hisoka, Illumi ... the overall quality of the current arc & the pace is just astonishing.

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=HegemonKhan]
The Time has come !!! Time to vote upon who shall be the Winner of the Best Fantasy !!!!

The New Polls are ready for your votes to be caste !!!
[/mod]

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think HxH easily takes the crown in this, even if it came back only recently...the heartfelt conclusion of the last arc, and the stunning new intrigues in this new one make this manga of 2011 for me...of course considering just the nominees I have in the poll...but as far as shounen goes...it's HxH

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
HXH hands down. Togashi went out and showed why he is the highest paid mangaka in the industry this year.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I would go with Toriko. This year it was really splendid. At least way better than Naruto or One Piece.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I wanna give Shingeki no Kyojin credit for it's raise to the current shonen manga map. It is awesome and packs great amount of potential unleashed. However, I stick to my nomination and go for Hunter x Hunter. Incredible come back. Touching conclusion to notorious ant-arc and and start of a new arc, which just might shape to be the best one this far. Awesomeness chapter by chapter. And not only that, but this is the longest Togashi has continuesly been published since the start of the series.

Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have not read the recent chapters of Toriko,so I can't vote for it.One Piece had a terrible year and Naruto did not have its best year,either.

Shingeki no Kyojin was great throughout the whole year,though,so the others should not stand a chance.Well,except for HunterxHunter.Even though it did not run for the whole year,Togashi entered with a Dynamic Entry and kept on delivering fantastic chapters.So it's a tough choice,really.I think I'll go with HunterxHunter to celebrate the fact that it's running more than 20 chapters already and that it might continue without another hiatus.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Well I guess that's my point against HxH. This is only a half 2011 manga.
One piece is a no, it shouldn't even be in the list. I dropped Naruto and its boring war.
Let Toriko and Shingeki. Toriko did great in particular the last chapters showed a strategic side which was kind of new but Shingeki is on another level in term of art originality and plot so here goes my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.