Best Plot Twist/Epic Moment | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Plot Twist/Epic Moment

The Best Plot Twist/Epic Moment is...?

• The mermaid princess Shirahoshi being the Ancient Weapon "Poseidon

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • Aokiji leaving the marines

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Rachel pushing Baam out of the bubble

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Itachi breaking free from Edo Tensei

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • Seven years time jump through Fairy Sphere magic

Votes: 16 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
thank you zellogan,although I don't know whether I could post something happened long ago or just what has been happening this year,anyway I don't understand why they modified my post making a spoiler tag,something involving DRAGON BALL should be known by everyone since it had come out
You never know Matt, I'm just making sure because even if the chance is slim, there might be people who haven't read it

madmax

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate Itachi breaking free from Edo Tensei from Naruto for best plot twist/epic moment.

no one saw that coming, the alliance got a new powerful ally and we now have the chance to see more of our beloved itachi !!!

BlackHair

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I support One Piece. That twist took me by surprise, not sth I even dreamed of predicting. Rly a wildest twist I can think of.
The mermaid princess Shirahoshi being the Ancient Weapon "Poseidon"

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Well I guess one of the most controvertial time skip ever has it place here. Unfortunatly I don't read bloody monday so I cannot compare. As for bleach, didn't we had the good guy becoming a villain trick ALREADY !

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Well I guess one of the most controvertial time skip ever has it place here. Unfortunatly I don't read bloody monday so I cannot compare. As for bleach, didn't we had the good guy becoming a villain trick ALREADY !
I agree. Fairy Tail's timeskip was really weird, although I found the following 3 month one to be even more of an "epic moment" and twist. In Bleach it was theorized for months if Ginjo was a good or bad guy. Many were convinced he was a bad guy despite him showing no signs of being it, so the question was "why and how", when that was answered it wasn't really that surprising. It was a twist, but it was predicted. It wasn't really a twist like Aizen's incredible plot twist, that was totally unpredictable and epic in comparison.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Fairy Tail timeskip was '*ù¨µ$=:^' (censured). It was just an author giving up on the current story in order to do a reboot because he knew he wasn't going anywhere. It was badly done.

The bleach nomination is just the least understable for me: Hello everyone , is Aizen ringing a bell ? How can you seriously consider Ginzou being bad as the best plot twist when in the same manga you have Aizen betraying everyone in soul society ?

So, I voted for Blood Monday but I do consider this category as the least interesting one among the awards. Most nominations were due to a global memory loss with people unable to remember something that happened more than 6 months ago. Don't get me wrong, some recent events deserve a nomination but not that many. IMO, There are so many more events from One piece & Bleach that were more surprising than what was nominated. I just don't get it.

For Bleach:
- Aizen being bad
- Ichigo's father being a shinigami
- Ichida's father being the real last quincy
- Yammy being the strongest espada

Are you seriously telling me that "Bad Ginzou" is more surprising or interesting than all those other ones ? I wasn't even surprised personally. I saw that one coming.

For one piece:
- Dragon revealed as the father AND Garp as the grandfather IN LESS THAN 15 pages
- Oda splitting THE WHOLE CREW and leaving LUFFY ALONE for several arcs
- Robin joining

Same question. Aokiji leaving the marine most surprising or bigger plot twist than ROBIN JOINING ??? Seriously ? And again, it was predictable as well. It was clear from the start that Aokiji & Akainu were not going to be good together. I can slightly understand the nomination for the Weapon Weakoshi but if we do the same poll in one year, No one would have voted for that.

For Naruto:
- Gaara death & resurrection
- Kakashi revealing Mangekyou Sharingan
- Itachi REVEALED TO BE GOOD
- Tobi revealed to be the main villain within Akatsuki !!!!

So, if any plot twist concerning Itachi was to be nominated, I would have thought that "Itachi being good" is a little bit more interesting than breaking out of Edo Tensei. Hardly surprising at this point, Itachi is & always was a monster doing inhuman feats (even by Naruto standards) ... And Tobi revealed as the main villain was way more surprising & important to the plot in my opinion

NB: I hope I won't be moderated. I did my best to stay polite ...
NB2: It's just a comment. Feel free to disagree but I won't reply

Last edited:

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
That's why it is not interesting for such a category to cover such a large period. Plus most of the ones you mentionned were already nominated in last year awards.

Shinomori Aoshi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
For Naruto:
- Gaara death & resurrection
- Kakashi revealing Mangekyou Sharingan
- Itachi REVEALED TO BE GOOD
- Tobi revealed to be the main villain within Akatsuki !!!!

So, if any plot twist concerning Itachi was to be nominated, I would have thought that "Itachi being good" is a little bit more interesting than breaking out of Edo Tensei. Hardly surprising at this point, Itachi is & always was a monster doing inhuman feats (even by Naruto standards) ... And Tobi revealed as the main villain was way more surprising & important to the plot in my opinion
I agree with you about Itachi being good being THE twist, but as far as I am concerned I nominated him breaking out of Edo Tensei because it happened in 2011 and it was a large twist as well. I suppose the same goes for Ginzou vs. Aizen, though in this case there's not much of a twist anyway.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I would go with Shirahoshi being an Ancient Weapon. I really didn't expect this. And also it was quite an interesting turn of events that might really contribute to the plot and wasn't actually a trolling in any way if we compare it to 7 years of timeskip in FT through Fairy Sphere.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
"The Lahel/Baam interraction" is by far the most important & surprising plot twist in recent shounen history.
For the other nominations, ... well my previous post is already complete enough. I just didn't talk about Fairy Tail ... but I don't think I can talk about it without being moderated anymore :D

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As a One Piece fan I am it was hard to vote for anything but Shiraoshi, but I finally decided myself that as a twist...it was more shocking Lahel. So my vote goes to her.

Yes, Shiraoshi as an ancient weapon was something that only 2 people in all Mangahelpers could thought, but it was not a changing point on the story. It would be the same knowing it now or few chapters later if you get what I mean. Lahel was, in the other hand, the most shocking twist that ended the whole arc and twisted the story.

Last edited:

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aokiji leaving the marines shocked me so I'll vote for that.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't get why itachi's release is a plot twist,rather than it I would have said "tobi is not madara",but was what itachi did really a plot twist?

Shinomori Aoshi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I don't get why itachi's release is a plot twist,rather than it I would have said "tobi is not madara",but was what itachi did really a plot twist?
I believe the title reads "Best Plot Twist/Epic Moment"... Care to disagree with that?

blackjack612

Reviewer
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Both Aokoji and Shirahoshi had good plot twists, but for now they're more promising plot twists than actually great plot twists because we haven't seen how either will play out. Itachi was a close second place because that moment was pretty badass, but without a doubt Rachel pushing Baam out of the sphere was the most surprising moment for me in any manga this year. Beyond being shocking, that one moment redefined everything that came before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.