Best Science Fiction | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Science Fiction

Which series is the Best Science Fiction?

• Akira

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Pluto

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Blame!

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Hotel

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Gantz

Votes: 27 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teubier

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Reunion
I'd also like to support Akira for Best Science Fiction.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
I support Eden it's an endless world for best science fiction

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I nominate GUNNM (aka. Battle Angel Alita)

A classic. The original is just perfect as it is. Not talking about Last Order here. Compact package, beautifully drawn world full of little details. Interesting plot, a good story and incredible characters. Gally is one of the greatest lead character I've seen, her developement as character is amazing.
I support GUNNM (aka. Battle Angel Alita). The manga did age well & the main character is one of the best female you can find

Enn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I nominate Blame!

miotara

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
I nominate Gantz!
I recently came up to date with the latest chapters and I liked the live action movies as well.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
My all time favourite manga is Blame!...the world that is created, the intriguing characters(even if short-lived), not to mention the ironic premise of the AIs role in saving mankind is something that puts Blame! among my top manga...but the art:wtf....the art just kicks it up to nr.1...which is why Blame! easily takes the cake in Sci-fi

Bromamura

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Some quality works we got here for candidates. My vote goes to Blame!. Out of personal preferance for the art, setting, and characters. The sheer scale of the journey and the world that's been explored just makes everything seems insignificant. Empires could crumble, nuclear holocausts could occur, and no one would bat an eyelid, or even hear a whisper of it. It's just such an incredible mission that the protagonist is tasked to complete, and he does it almost as any human would, a step at a time. (the dude's just a billion times more resillient). The world here is stark, unrelenting, and amoral. Almost as if it took my worst feelings of living in a real life megacity and turned it up to eleven, while making it a whole lot more badass.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I don't know Hotel. Akira is too old school. Gantz is more gore/action than sci-fi for me. I never get Blame (If I remember well, the story begin with absolutely no explanation, you just don't know what you read ... and I could never read more than the beginning).

Pluto is not my fav manga but it's still from Urasawa ... So, I vote for Pluto but I'm not a big fan of sci-fi in mangas

Status
Not open for further replies.