Best Villain | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Villain

Best Villain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlB

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Georgia
It would've been the same...Orochimaru was going for the body not the kill, and that made him lose...he did render Sasuke motionless, he could've stabber him right there...but he didn't...
exactly! I agree with you bene ;) and even if he, by some miracle, was weaker than Sasuke, we are not debating about power levels now, are we? we are talking about overall character build of the villain.

Orochimaru, like any genius, is completely insane. Unpredictable, manipulative, ruthless, cunning, machiavellian philosophy extrimist - if I may say so. but what you have to respect most about the character is that he is not afraid to go after the goals others would consider either impossible or foolish. I mean: a guy who wants to
gather all the jutsu in the world
might not strike many as the brightest type, right? hell, it even sounds a bit childish. but for Oro, that's the gist of it! take the most ridiculous goal one could think of and go for it! screw what others think :kukuku

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
The problem is that his goal was used by Kishi as a pretext to transform Orochimaru into a "Uchiha fan" ... and nothing more. Orochimaru deserved better than this:
http://www.ourmanga.com/Naruto/392/15

Seriously, that was pathetic.

even if he, by some miracle, was weaker than Sasuke,we are not debating about power levels now, are we? we are talking about overall character build of the villain.
Lol ... you don't want a debate about power levels here but you still give your opinion about his power level :D. Funny :D.

But well, you're right we're not in this thread for this :)

Reactions: AlB

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Put Orochimaru back to full strength in Part II and give him a round 2 against Sasuke....do you really think the situation would've been the same ?

Orochimaru had the biggest impact on the main character. He was the one who robbed Naruto's "brother". He was the one who gave another important objective to Naruto.
Not to mention, Orochimaru was caught off guard at the time. Regardless, he still looked pretty pathetic when Itachi sealed him, losing because of arrogance. Against Itachi, it was understandable he lost. Same with Sasuke, since he was sick and Sasuke was no pushover. He couldn't go all out on both because he wanted their bodies. However, it's the final appearance that really screwed up his character for me.

Did he really have as big an impact? I'd think it was Tobi that had more impact on Naruto since not only did he make Sasuke more evil than he was, but he also is the main reason why things are as they are. If it weren't for Tobi, Uchiha may have been alive and Sasuke would have no need for revenge; if it weren't for Tobi, Kushina and Minato would have been alive and well. Main thing Orochimaru did was steal Naruto's "brother," but Sasuke wasn't that evil apart from apparently wanting to kill his former teammates.

It was clear that we wouldn't see Orochimaru with the same power he had in Part I since Sandaime stole his arms. Since that day, Orochimaru was weakened. He wouldn't be the same as he was before. But that doesn't matter. What define a great villain isn't only his power or strength but also his motive, philosophy and everything. Having someone who only wants to control the world is a little bit cliche. Madara's motive is really normal. I mean in 99% of stories, the main villain wants to overthrow the world and dominate mankind. Orochimaru was different. He had other goals. He wanted to know everything, and he used any means to achieve his goal. His jutsus and research were plain evil. His philosophy, ninja way and everything was pure evil, and that is why, for me, he deserve the title of best villain.
A villain can't also look bad or too bad, which is the main reason why I don't consider Orochimaru the best villain. I prefer Orochimaru over Madara, but Madara has looked better than Orochimaru. Despite losses, he managed to make the most out of them.

Yes.

We saw what a full level Orochimaru could do against the uchiha: absolutely nothing.

When he took again control during the "Itachi vs Sasuke" fight, he was an embarrassment. He was just a bug in a fight between gods.

The 3 sannins are just not strong enough against the real top. And the real top, that's where sasuke is ... and I'm not a sasuke fan.
No proof The Three Sannins are no match. At least, no proof Jiraiya isn't as Itachi and Kisame both retreated from him. It took Pain's secret to beat Jiraiya, and he even knew that he wouldn't have likely won had Jiraiya known of it.

Hmm, it's a shame Itachi's not considered a villain. He was a better one IMO since he had no bad moments and pwned through and through. <_<

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States

Best Villain Announcement!

The results are in for the first Manga Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of manga!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Villain Category.

Total “Votes” = 61

1. Orochimaru from Naruto with 7 “votes”
2. Johann Liebert from Monster with 6 “votes”
3. Griffith from Berserk with 6 “votes”
4. Father from Fullmetal Alchemist with 6 “votes”
5. The Millennium Earl from D. Gray Man with 4 “votes”

Aizen from Bleach with 3 “votes”
Light “Kira” Yagami from Death Note with 3 “votes”
Freeza from Dragon Ball with 2 “votes”
Blackbeard from One Piece with 2 “votes”
Friend from 20th/21st Century Boys with 2 “votes”
Kabuto from Naruto with 1 “vote”
Sasuke from Naruto with 1 “vote”
Priscilla from Claymore with 1 “vote”
Takasugi Shinsuke from Gintama with 1 “vote”
“Nosferatu” Zodd from Berserk with 1 “vote”
Animus from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer with 1 “vote”
Askeladd from Vinland Saga with 1 “vote”
Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist with 1 “vote”
Yami Marik Ishtar from Yu-Gi-Oh with 1 “vote”
Kizaru Taisho from One Piece with 1 “vote”
Aji Tae from Shin Angyo no Onshi with 1 “vote”
Tenkaisei Mefisutoferesu no Yoma from Saint Seiya TLC with 1 “vote”
Hagoromo-Gitsune from Nurarihyon no Mago with 1 “vote”
Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter with 1 “vote”
Shira from Mugen no Juunin with 1 “vote”
Agon from Eyeshield 21 with 1 “vote”
Haguro Dou from Wolfen Crest with 1 “vote”
Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin with 1 “vote”
Nurarihyon from Gantz with 1 “vote”
Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night with 1 “vote”

and now, the winners from the Staff's choices:

Johann Liebert from Monster

Orochimaru from Naruto

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]:

Last edited:

ashher

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
3 lists with 3 winners. And father came agonizingly close in readers' list as well. We've some really good monsters in manga-world XD.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
And all of them deserved it :amuse
Plus, there are even more great villains out there on an equal level!

[mod=HegemonKhan]Priscilla from Claymore, grumbles annoyedly[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator: