Best Villain | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Villain

Who is the Best Villain?

• Akainu (One Piece)

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Tobi (Naruto)

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Hisoka (Hunter X Hunter)

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • Johan Liebert (Monster)

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Light Yagami (Death Note)

Votes: 32 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Love Cook" Sanji

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I vote Akainu from One Piece for Best Villain.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Updated the first post.
Hurry to gather votes for your favorite!

PS: Next year is going to be for Big Mom.

miotara

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
I change my support from Hisoka to Yagami Light, Darjas post totally reminded me of his awesomeness.
Well the nomination Hisoka (HxH) lost, I'm making up for it ;)
He is a really complex character, whenever I decide that despite his personality he's actually nice, he just does something that changes my opinion about him completely. One moment he helps the protagonists (because it suits him so he can fight them when they grow up) and then, later, seriously considers about killing them just because having someone really hate him might be more fun. I guess I like him because he isn't your regular villain. He's evil but you can't hold it up against him, you can't hate him really, especially not when he pisses off pretty much everyone in the manga, he makes me laugh too much to hate him.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
If we are choosing from the pole options, I would go with Tobi. During all the story he was always what I wanted from the villain. He is considerably strong, tricky, manipulative and very ominous and misterious.:)

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
This is the category where I am the most happy about the finalists. With the exception of Akainu, I think all deserves to be in the finals.
Akainu is a stereotype. I don't see anything original or vaguely interesting about the guy. He is a powerful, unflexible & cold bastard. He never surprised me by any of his actions so far & I doubt he ever will.

Now about the others, I like them all ... But there is only one hisoka.
Hisoka is not just my favourite villain ... he is my favourite character in the manga industry. Period.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Akainu - Solid, strong and cold. Pretty good stantard villain, but not exceptional
Tobi - Has his times, but just doesn't work for me as well as the following three.
Hisoka - Gawd, possibly also mine favorite character of all time. Strong, intelligent, twisted, sick, funny.
Johan Liebert - I already shared my opinion on my nomination post. He is just perfect. I remember reading somewhere a comic artist saying "A comic can be only as good as its villain". And Monster is my favorite comic, nearly perfect.
Light Yagami - This one really interesting character. He kind changes slowly more evil and evil, drunk by the power in his hands. A great character indeed. Anti-hero sort off. As the lead character I have hard time thinking him as a villain, even though it is true.

I like Light, but just not as much as Johan and Hisoka. Still thinking for a moment which one to choose.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Akainu: Kinda a standard villain,but we barely know anything about him,so maybe that's unjustified.
Tobi: Meh.He can be awesome,but in general,he doesn't do it for me.
Hisoka: What a twisted and interesting character!It's almost unbelievable how unique a villain he is.Always manages to entertain me.
Johan Liebert: Can't say anything here >__>
Light: I don't really want to call him a villain,even though he isn't really good either.That's what makes him such an interesting and intriguing character.Despite that,I can't vote for him,as I don't want to name him a villain.

So my vote goes to Hisoka.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
In death note, due to Kira actions, the world was left in a better shape.
Are you ready to do evil deeds for a greater purpose ?
Same can be told about the one from "the watchmen".

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What I hated most about Light was that He was convinced that He was the smartest guy. And in the whole manga, He done nothing but being stupid all the time. I completely hated all those fake logic speeches with an IMMENSITY holes in his chain of thought in which the jumps of argument was completely unbelievable in ANY sense for anyone who stopped for a second to really read the shit He said.
When I'm looking for someone smart I look forward Mr. Marble, Poirot and Sherlock. Those characters are the example on how someone smart is. NOT LIGHT.

That being said, Hisoka is my completely favorite villain. All his faces are memorable, all his fights are memorable, all his quotes are memorable...He's the teacher and the test, the guide and ending point. He's amazing.

Uchiha_Blood

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Akainu, since he is imho the most hateful one.
Light and Hisoka are likable from a point of view, and so aren't the best villain. Great characters of course, best villains no. So Akainu all the way

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
If best villain would decided on who I hate the most, I would have nominated Sakura...

If a villain has some likeable or understandable traits, that just makes him/her more diverse, giving him/her more depth, which makes the character interesting. And believable. Akainu is this far just is big and mean, which doen't make him a particulary interesting character or a villain in my point of view. Solid stantard bad guy, but nothing expectional.

I dare to say that if he hadn't killed a certain fanfavorite, he wouldn't even be on this list.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
If best villain would decided on who I hate the most, I would have nominated Sakura...
Still, voting for a character as best villain because his evil actions make you hate him the most ... it makes sense.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Still, voting for a character as best villain because his evil actions make you hate him the most ... it makes sense.
Which bring us the question what evil He caused being an enforcer of justice. A cliché one even.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Akainu here! Not to forget the big scar he made on the protagonist, none of the others did that!

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Since when is most hated villain=best villain?Correct me if I'm wrong,but that would be pretty plain and simple writing.
Giving a villain likeable traits and still making him work as such.That is a challenge and makes for an interesting character.Moreover,a villain is still a human being,so making him pure evil would not make sense.A villain has to make you think about his goals and the protagnoist's goals.There's never only one single truth and a good villain has to trigger some kind of conflict,which is the only way to learn.Thus,it's not only whom you hate the most,but who developes the story,influences the characters and is even believable as a character.Only because you have evil aims does not mean you can't be funny,adorable,perverted or charismatic.

As for Akainu.From his point of view,everything he did was in the name of justice.In his eyes,he killed one of the strongest criminals and erased a bunch of rebels who endangered peace.For me,that sounds perfectly reasonable.However,as we read this manga from a pirat's point of view and we grew attached to the characters,we doom him a villain,even though he might just be a good antagonist.That's why I said that we have to know a little more about him in order to judge him fairly.

Uchiha_Blood

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy
What is the definition of villain?
From a different point of view, Light would be the good guy, since he achieved, with questionable means, an enourmous feat:
he was able to make his world a better place, where criminality diminuished by ( if I remember correctly ) 90%. He didn't kill for his own gain, he killed for a better world. He became corrupted by his absolute power, and that was his downfall, yet one can sympathise with him, since he shouldered a responsibility so great all alone. No wonder he went mad.

Hisoka is imho not even a villain, he isn't evil, he doesn't want to destroy the world or such, he only wants to fight and kill the ones that catch his eye, at the point where he helps them if they're on a bind, like with Kuroro, and now with Gon. He is a bad guy, but by no means a great villain simply because imho he isn't even conceived as one:
he is a wild card, and does as he pleases.

Akainu on the other hand is ruthless on a level that his justice can't justify him:
he killed Ace, and that is were his justice ends. He didn't had any problem killing marines because they didn't want to die, you don't see Kizaru or Aokiji killing marines randomly, they fight against pirates because that's their job. Akainu on the other hand simply killed anyone that stood in his way of thinking. You don't see ppl hating Aokiji even if he almost killed all the crew, as well as many pirates in the war. Nor one hates Kizaru, when he did pretty much the same.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Akainu is here because of Ace really. I'd say the bigger villain in the One Piece world is Blackbeard. So Akainu doesn't get my vote.

Johan I have no idea about him.

Light is a good choice.

Hisoka not so much because he hasn't really been villainlike to Gon and Co in a while.

Tobi is another good choice since he is the major cause of grief in Naruto.

I'll vote for Light since he is a tragic Villain but evil where it counted.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think Tobi is the worst choice, he already got owned by more than one character and is really pathetic... The only one I think doesn't deserves to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.