Blessed are the Dumbfucks | Page 25 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Blessed are the Dumbfucks

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
They skyrocketed over the course of the last couple years, followed by some questionable laws passed to stop it, obviously backfiring. It's annoying to observe from consumer perspective.

Yeah actually, it's the cheapest of the cheap, not buying left and right :D. Some of the goods arrived already, quality so bad that I probably have to replace within half a year. :eyeroll So will pay double, like other cheap asses like me.

I'm still in Berlin. Did you reallocate meantime?

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Ah yeah, the dilemma of the poor/cheap actually spending more than the rich because they need to buy new cheap stuff ever so often.

So it might actually be a good thing you’re getting an extra bed - since the first one might not last anyway? :XD

We bought and moved to a house last October. Only about 10-15 minutes outside of the town we lived previously (my hometown) though. So not that big of a change, but still quite country-sidey, closest neighbours some hundred yards away etc. It’s great. :nod

Oh as for my vaycay, I had four weeks off and am doing my first week back at work now. But it was a great four weeks, so not that bothered tbh. In a way it feels good to be activated again, been way too stationary all summer. :XD You?

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
AFAIK you read a lot. Got any book recommendations? :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Organizized

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hmmm well what kind/s of books do you prefer? I haven't read as much this year and last as I usually do unfortunately.. but depending on your preference I'll dig through my bookcase and see what I can find.

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm into political commentary, medieval fantasy, and like a bit of comedy and prefer books which don't have so much prose telling me about the geography/surroundings.

Have any suggestions on political commentary and/or medieval fantasy with a touch of comedy maybe?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

A book that I really love is Animal Farm as well as 1984, the usual politcal commentary stuff, if that helps :sweat

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
First thing that came to mind when you said medieval fantasy was the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. First book is The Name of the Wind. You may have read it already though as it's quite well known but I really enjoyed them, especially the first one.

Those two Orwell books are definite classics. Maybe you've read Fahrenheit 457 by Ray Bradbury? Otherwise that's a must as well, also a super classic and Bradbury is one of my favorite writers of all time (F457 is definitely his most well known work though). I'll give my book collection a look-see later and see if I can think of anything more.

If you want something really comedic in the fantasy genre but with some solid digs at politics (and everything else you can think of tbh), albeit not at all in the dystopian fashion Orwell did, then the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett is one of my favorites. Some compare him to Douglas Adams, others to Monty Python, but I think he's in a league of his own tbh when it comes to social commentary through comedy. Through the Discworld, a fantasy world, he holds up a mirror to our world to comment on the absurdities, the humanity and the injustices in life. Some of the books are a bit darker, some are just straight-up quirky through and through, but if you feel like giving them a try there are some solid reading guides online (there are 41 books, but they're all more or less stand-alone or at least divided into sub-series).

Really not sure if they're your kind of books though based on what you said - I just take every opportunity to force my Pratchett love on people. :catshrug