Hangout - Boku no Hero Academia Hangout Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Re: Boku no Hero Academia by Horikoshi Kouhei

You are right, they are a perfect combo, Uraraka is cheerful and optimist, she will be a great mental support to Midoriya, who is improving, but cannot erase his wimp nature so easy after cowering for so many years. Their conversation about his "nickname", Deku, was a prove of it. As for physically, the story is not clear about the possibility of quirks's evolutions, but I think it makes sense, Uraraka can develop her power to weigh things up or it can be even proved a different quirk (one explanation before the fight gave margin to this), how about if they had confused zero gravity with magnetism?

What you said about Midoriya rely on Uraraka by making him lighter makes sense with her current power, but when he has to hit... It doesn't go all right, it is problematic because gravity is from above to below, he would have to hit his opponents always in this direction, which is not always possible. If Uraraka quirk evolve to something like magnestism, this problem will be solved.

By now, use gravity to boost his stomp, both by making his lighter to jump as high as possible and then heavier to stomp is the right course of action. They have to continue together to come to those conclusions.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

To elaborate a bit on the Raikage-Oonoki combo, Oonoki made the Raikage lighter using his gravity manipulation jutsu. By doing this, he made the Raikage even faster, who was already a speed demon by the way. But the drawback is that it makes any attack from the Raikage to be practically harmless as it makes his body literally light as a feather. In order to offset this, Oonoki increases his weight by multiple times at the exact moment for extra stopping power when he hits.

That's basically how I see their combo working. I'm fairly confident the students will eventually learn to develop their power in many ways. That's why I see Ochako's quirk developing in that direction.

Oh, and I don't think Ochako increasing his gravity will be a problem. What if Ochako can change the center of gravity of an object so that any object will pull other objects towards it? If she can, she could change the opponent's center of gravity to pull Izuku towards him. FT's Libra did this in the anime, so I'm thinking the author can do the same.

Last edited:

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Yes, I understood what you said, but is it gravity? Zero Gravity will make people fluctuate, run while in zero gravity is impossible because you don't have floor (we have a demonstration of this in Uraraka very first scene with Midoriya in front of the school), you could jump higher though, that's what I said. I think that you are confusing Mass with Weight, I think that when you talk about Raikage-Oonoki combo, you are talking about mass, Oonoki manipulates the mass. Weight, on the other hand, is the force exerted by gravity in relation to another object attraction.
Uraraka quirk is zero gravity, so it influences the weight. Midoriya would jump higher taking advantaging of zero gravity and then fall with higher gravity (consequently, higher weight) to make his blow. The gravity in the Earth is a force from above to below though, so he would have to use it in this direction only.
There is another problem though, he may not resist high gravity since he is used to Earth gravity, so it will have to be for a short amount of time and should be used in the right time, too. Why Uraraka gets sick when she uses her power in her entire body? Because she is not used to zero gravity. It is like astronauts, they have to get used to zero gravity before going to space otherwise they will vomit everything they eat.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

You got your combination attack but with another character :XD.

It was obvious that Iida would become the president but the execution made it more entertaining

Legs powered by orange juice...

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I hope this daily release continue until it catches up. :)

After a lot of action this chapter was very calm, it presented us more about Iida, it was a good chapter. Particularly, I see Iida as the nearest image of hero for me, that person who put justice above everything and all, he is an interesting character and I think Midoriya make the right choice giving him the position of class representative.
As for the invasion, it is obvious that it was not the press who destroyed that heavy gates and since the villains didn't do anything, it is clear that it was just a message saying that they could invade Yuuei whenever they want, they defied the heroes and as said, it was a declaration of war. Looking forward to seeing what will be villains' next step.

Uraraka power is convinient to many people there it seems, Iida used it very well, his power makes him more free to fly in the air than Deku, which can be interesting a later time.

Last edited:

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I agree. Iida is so far my fav hero student of the class.^^

I especially like how earnest he is. He got ZERO votes in the votings, seems like he was the only one with zero votes too xD, as he gave his own vote to Midoriya who he see as a trusty-worthy and good commander. So to see Iida getting recognition by Midoriya and the class after the panic incident (which can end pretty deadly, and then with kids with superpowers to boot, that could have ended very badly if nobody stopped them) and go from 0 votes to class president was very nice. :)

Lolz at Momo who is worrying about her vice position. XD
I think with her and Iida the class chose the probably best people for leading the class. And take care of all the mundane work a class president and his vice gotta do.^^

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Yes, he is indeed the best person to command the class, he has a strong spirit of justice, typical of a hero and a powerful voice.
That said, I didn't understand why Midoriya would be so good as president getting 3 votes. I mean, he really cares about people and put his life on the line to save them, qualities of a hero as well, but to command people... I can't see him imposing himself as a leader, taking the hands of everybody and guiding them, it is like when the panic was established after the siren, he was already representative and he should be the one to calm down his colleagues, to come with a plan to make people listen to him, but who did it was Iida. Midoriya has many qualities, but leadership is not one of them.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Well, in the end, only Midoriya himself, Uraraka (who has a favoritsm towards him because he saved her life) and Iida who voted to him, it is not like everybody acknowledged him. :lmao

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Yes, he is indeed the best person to command the class, he has a strong spirit of justice, typical of a hero and a powerful voice.
That said, I didn't understand why Midoriya would be so good as president getting 3 votes. I mean, he really cares about people and put his life on the line to save them, qualities of a hero as well, but to command people...
I thought the same. And just after his victory, he was not sure he was fitting... Would have liked to see Bakugou as president, he is more humble now.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well, in the end, only Midoriya himself, Uraraka (who has a favoritsm towards him because he saved her life) and Iida who voted to him, it is not like everybody acknowledged him. :lmao
Yeah, it is why everybody had mostly only one vote - they all voted for themselves. Only Urarak and Iida gave their vote to Midoriya, who also voted for himself ofc, which resulted in Iida having zero votes. We should rather wonder where Momo got her second vote from though I am sure it was the small guy who does the thumbs up gesture a lot and I can also guess the reason why he voted for her - boobies! XD

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

We should rather wonder where Momo got her second vote from though I am sure it was the small guy who does the thumbs up gesture a lot and I can also guess the reason why he voted for her - boobies! XD
Indeed. He is a perv. :lmao
I cannot blame him though, I can't wait to see pro heroines in that tight clothes that heroes use. :hurr

Bigivelfhq

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Indeed. He is a perv. :lmao
I cannot blame him though, I can't wait to see pro heroines in that tight clothes that heroes use. :hurr

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany

I'm pretty sure that is not only tight but also nude! Yeah, nipples are missing for some reason but it doesn't look like there is any skin-clored clothes there going by hte handcuffs on her hands. What is her superpower - make every male villian surrender with nosebleed and fainting due brain getting not enough blood? XD

Anybody thinks that this huge bird fellow is the father of the Hawk kid?

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

And the action came back...
The first part of the chapter was funny, All Might cannot help but save everybody who is in need, he run out of time because of this. It was a good thing, but it influenced the end of the chapter. Anyway, the second part was very refreshing, after so many tough tasks the students talking about theirs powers, Bakugou being teased and all, I think it was the first moment where we had a school environment, Tsuyu (she is awesome! xD) almost revealed everything, but the fact that Midoriya quirk still fails saved him. This conversation about flashy powers along with No.13 speech about the meaning of their last tasks and the explanation about the task they are about to held (quirks are meant to save people, etc.) served as prologue to present that people who fell in disgrace and used their quirks against people: the villains. Since the beginning I thought that Yuuei is a school that creates heroes, indeed, but there is no way to do this without failures, there are always those who is naturally bad and became villain despite of Yuuei teachings. So I expect that some of the villains that appeared are Yuuei alumni.
Now things will get rough. The students cannot battle against pro villains; I hope Midoriya doesn't do anything reckless.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Passing the torch makes more sense now, All Might Qurik is getting weaker over time, I thought he should have completely lost it when he gave it to Izuku.

Izuku noticing that Bakugou was getting was hilarious, it shows that he is not revered as in his previous school, even though he is still among the strongest. The villains attack will permit to see the Quirks of the other students too, I wonder how Izuku can fight adequately with his bad control.

No.13 power is a black hole, that's OP.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Do you think they are going to fight against villains? Eraserhead said to No.13 to protect the students.
Eraserhead and No.13 have two overpower quirks, I think that they together can handle the majority of the villains if everything goes right. What can go wrong is:
1) Eraserhead has dry eyes and cannot use his power that much, I don't know how it works, whether he can erase a quirk each time or all of them with just one usage of his power. If it is the former option, it will be tough, but No.13 quirk is overpower so he can deal with the rest.
2) However, No.13 quirk is too overpower to not have a drawback as big as it, so it is most likely the kind of quirk you cannot use as much as you want.
If these two things go wrong, students may have to fight against villains. Eraserhead and No.13 will already have diminished the number of villains, but the villains remaining will be the toughest ones. Probably they are gonna fight, the others will have the opportunity to show their powers, but I think they will be quickly surrendered, someone will have to appear to save them. It is too early to win upon pro villains IMO.

If it were that easy fight against villains, a school wouldn't be necessary. :XD

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Well, they were prepared to fight All Might in addition with the two teachers so they must be powerful enough and even now they still want him to appear. There are certainly powerful villains in their group too, currently I'd say they have the edge. The kids should logically run away but it's not that simple, some fights are inevitable IMO.