Discussion - Boku no Hero Academia Specials/Omakes | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boku no Hero Academia Specials/Omakes

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Special/bonus chapters can be discussed here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Just read the volume 5 omake. So that's what Endeavor looks like normally. He looks a bit chubby or so

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
A spinoff already, never heard of that author. The announcement is probably related to the future anime.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
So deku was actually going to become a hero without quirks. Not really surprising that the change came from a suggestion. Seems that happens once in a while with mangakas. We also got Jeanist's quirk, to control fibers in clothes. Still, some food items contain fibers so I wonder if he can control that while ingested by someone.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So Deku was originally intended to become Batman. It makes sense to change this and give him a Quirk, a 15 year old Batman with battle and martial arts experience to challenge Quirks like Shotos' or Bakugo's would be weird.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Might have made things quite interesting though. Deku is smart and good with tactics. He has very nice battle wits and probably would have been more advanced if he didn't have a quirk but trained a lot. We have someone like stain who was a freaking beast in his combat skills even when he didn't use his quirk.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That with Stain is true, but he trained for many years. If Deku with his 15 year would have achieved Stain's level of strength it would be quite weird.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I hope he'll use this for another character in the series. Deku seemed to have a stronger personality too.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
After today's chapter i think Shinsou is the most likely to become the Batman of BnHA. His Quirk is "only" mindcontrol, something quite overpowered like Eraserheads Quirk erasing, but Eraserhead doesn't put all of his trust into his Quirk and is therefore a master of CQC. Shinsou learning martial arts, CQC from Eraserhead and maybe the use of a weapon could make him even stronger than Eraserhead, who could defeat a big number of villains during the villain raid at USJ.

---------- Post added December 07, 2015 at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was December 04, 2015 at 08:22 PM ----------

Chapter 4 of the Smash!! Spin-off is online by FA: http://bato.to/reader#bed0a598bacbb65a

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I know it's very, very, very unlikely but do you think the guy Deku saw while using OFA in this chapter is one of the previous user?

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That would be one huge plot twist, announcing someone more or less important for the story in another manga. And if Mt. Lady's flashback and Bakugo's mother or sister could be canon then why not this?

---------- Post added December 19, 2015 at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was December 08, 2015 at 08:13 PM ----------

Chapter 5 of the Smash!! Spin-Off is online: http://bato.to/reader#38c8092971df5b5c_1

The page with Deku and Ochako talking was too much for me :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Chapter 6 of the Smash!! Spin-Off is online: http://bato.to/reader#5cb01d1bf52edd2f_1

Once again Mineta kills me with his comments :chair
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The Volume 7 Omake (Untranslated) can be found here:

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Finally something about Todoroki's costume. I don't recognize the guy in the Shifuku.

I suspected this already but now I am certain Kendou is some kind of martial artist.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The guy in ordinary clothes is Ectoplasm. And he's 41? He must be a classmate of Toshinori back then, I guess.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes, the guy in the Shifuku is Ectoplasm. It is said that he has artificial legs and can switch them out, depending on if he just walks or fights.

Besides that it's interesting to see that Ochako sleeps with gauntlets, Midnight's previous costumes and the improved Stain defeat.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Speaking of which, did anyone ever translate Tensei's lines in Vol.6? I'm not talking about the Jump version. I'm talking about the tankoubon version that got changed from the mag version.

Ochako sleeping with gauntlets easily makes one imagine her in a cat lingerie costume, complete with the paws.
P.S: I never expected Jirou to look so good with glasses!

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Speaking of which, did anyone ever translate Tensei's lines in Vol.6? I'm not talking about the Jump version. I'm talking about the tankoubon version that got changed from the mag version.
Maybe someone once gave a brief translation of it on /a/, but other than that i think there is no translation.
Chapter 7 of the Smash Spin-off is online: http://bato.to/reader#a1e7f8a1618a5450

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Funniest chapter so far, the only one I part I found a bit weak was the Ochako's part.

Momo will become a monster later, her Quirk is amazing. I had forgotten that Recovery Girl mentioned that her Quirk could kill in the main series. The next time she'll heal Deku will be painful...