Discussion - Boku no Hero Academia: Vigilantes | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boku no Hero Academia: Vigilantes

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

nectar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Love the supporting cast, well, supporting Koichi. Official or not, they and the other residents of Naruhata again show The Crawler is their hero.

Not sure what Best Jeanist is gonna do since Number 6 isn't wearing clothes, but again we're reminded he's almost out of power. I'm expecting one last mega attack (probably blowing himself up) before is finally down for the count. A crazy fight like this has to go out with a bang.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really love Koichi and Aizawa's friendship. Aizawa's tough on the outside but really cares for Koichi and sees him for the good person he is despite not being an official hero.

Endeavor is a surprise. I'm still hoping Mirko makes one final appearance. And then there's All Might. I don't see the series ending without him showing up in some capacity.

Koichi is Naruhata's hero. Period. Love seeing the locals cheering him on.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
The end is nigh. Not much else No. 6 can do now. Really interested in how he goes down.

All Might and Endeavor saving the day does cover for Koichi a bit, but it doesn't erase everything he's done up to that point. Can't wait to see the fallout from this battle.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The end is nigh. Not much else No. 6 can do now. Really interested in how he goes down.

All Might and Endeavor saving the day does cover for Koichi a bit, but it doesn't erase everything he's done up to that point. Can't wait to see the fallout from this battle.
The mass media will play up All Might and Endeavor, but Koichi will always be Naruhata’s hero. Am also interested how Six will go down too.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I guess he could still try and complete his mission and go to the hospital? What is the plan?

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Getting credit or not, Koichi can't be a vigilante anymore. The police know who he is. But with the way most of the locals treat Koichi as a legit hero, he may as well get his license (especially now that fighting No. 6 probably made him realize how much he loves being a hero). I doubt we'll see it, but I'd love to see him take the same exam as Class-A and completely destroy the competition.

I guess he could still try and complete his mission and go to the hospital? What is the plan?
Going after Pop again to complete his mission, knowing it'll crush Koichi? Possible, but I think No. 6 will try to take down Koichi one last time using the ole' If-I'm-Going-Down-I'm-Taking-You-With-Me suicide bomb. Then again, No. 6 heading for the hospital is a good way to trick Koichi into following him as well as avoiding the heroes.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting. Hope someone translates any juicy info.

That being said, I wonder how many chapters of the arc are left? Each time All Might showed up in MHV, the arc ended pretty soon afterwards. There's nothing left to do with this arc except witness No. 6's ultimate fate. And that will probably involve Koichi. And we can't forget how badly injured Koichi is. Once No. 6 is defeated/dies/smacked by Will Smith, I fully expect Koichi to pass out from his injuries.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Man, I'm torn.

On the one hand I love a happy ending but on the other if the author had gone through with his friends dying at the end it would have given such a strong emotional impact. This sort of happy end is more to my general preference but, man, I'm curious what this ending would have looked like if the author followed through.

Last edited:

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
No. 6 went out on his own terms. I like it. He was a great villain to hate. And an equally great villain to pity. AFO put him down this path, after all. MHV did a remarkable job creating a great villain for this series while keeping the overall main villain the biggest bastard of them all.

I'm excited about how the series will end. There's so many ways it can go. Not with Koichi dying (he'll probably live on with the scar), but the fallout of everything that's happened. Not only to the main characters, but to Soga, Makoto, even Naruhata itself. And with all three main characters hurt, I'm expecting a time skip next chapter to wrap everything up.

Man, I'm torn.

On the one hand I love a happy ending but on the other if the author had gone through with his friends dying at the end it would have given such a strong emotional impact to the end. This sort of happy end is more to my general preference but, man, I'm curious what this ending would have looked like if the author followed through.
True. Main characters dying does usually create a strong emotional impact, but surviving can too. Pop lost her eye and was branded a villain. Even if she's cleared of all charges, will that affect her music career? Knuckleduster survived, but his quest to stop the Villain Factory cost him his body's health. And Koichi got wrecked by No. 6. Will he make a full recovery? Will they charge him with vigilantism? Will he be barred from getting a hero license in Japan and be forced to move overseas to continue down a hero path? Or will he simply become an average citizen like he planned from the start of the arc? These are all interesting questions I'm looking forward to seeing answered.

In a way, all three did die. Their vigilante selves. None of them can or should continue being vigilantes. What's next for them? Again, I'm looking forward to learning the answer.

Forsaken6

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't want to be seen as a lover of happy ending but for what I've seen through the story Koichi deserves it.
He has been a good guy, he did his best and yet he hasn't realized his dream to become a hero and in the end framed as villain or die seems a bit too much.

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States