Discussion - Boku no Hero Academia: Vigilantes | Page 25 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boku no Hero Academia: Vigilantes

nectar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
And now we know why Koichi hasn't shown up in the main series. He's in America. Great, but what about Pop? I don't think she can travel anytime soon. I'm expecting another time skip after she's mostly recovered to see her visiting Koichi.

Do I wanna know what's going on with his neck?
The neck tube? Just something AFO had to get after All Might whooped his butt in their never seen first big fight.

Forsaken6

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Still we have to wait another couple of week... I supposed to finish with this chapter, maybe a double one or at least longer?
A bit greedy, I know but this series really caught me...

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm expecting a longer final chapter next time. There's really not much left to do but check in with the main cast living their new lives. I guess with Koichi in America, Soga will protect Naruhata his own way. Maybe become a detective or vigilante.

Forsaken6

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yeah, I'm expecting a longer final chapter next time. There's really not much left to do but check in with the main cast living their new lives. I guess with Koichi in America, Soga will protect Naruhata his own way. Maybe become a detective or vigilante.
Soga entering Police would be interesting however as long as we have never seen him in the main series...

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Last edited:

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States

Look, it's the Skycruller!

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whatever Pop decides to do, she's gonna go to America too. Maybe pursue her music career there?
Interesting scene with AFO. He just doesn't get the whole "Plus Ultra" thing. He's to analytical for his own good.
Skycrawler. What an awesome hero name! Looking forward to seeing Hero Koichi in action next time.

Can't forget about Soga. I really hope he becomes an detective.

Soga entering Police would be interesting however as long as we have never seen him in the main series...
Not an issue. Soga doesn't have to have been shown to be a detective. There's a lot of them all over Japan.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States

Um, I might've read it wrong, but is that last page telling people to just go read the main manga, or was it implying the Vigilantes cast is coming to the main series?

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Um, I might've read it wrong, but is that last page telling people to just go read the main manga, or was it implying the Vigilantes cast is coming to the main series?
I think it’s the former.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah so it ends. It was a good read. Very much enjoyed this series.

The ending sort of did imply that somehow the story will continue in the main series but... I dropped that a while ago and I'm not going back so this is the end as far as I'm concerned.

I'm satisfied. Ultimately I think having those characters die in the big moment would have made the story more impactful and surprising. But I like a happy ending so I'm not too upset about that. Loved the characters and the big moments all felt very earned. Weakest parts for me were were the times it went overkill on the Boku no Hero tie ins. I didn't mind it when it when it was in service of Crawler's story but when it had a habit of going beyond that at times and playing around with being a Boku no Hero prequel almost. Which I didn't care for because I think this series stands alone just fine.

Forsaken6

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Really, I feel conflicted. The story has been interesting, I enjoyed the reading and so on but this ending leaved me a little perplexed.
In the end it seems to me like Pop is the only one who paid, she isn't pursuing her dream as singer, nor she looks like a vigilante anymore, also leaved Koichi in US seemsly without intention to reunite with him. So? All the story about Koichi have a big talk with her? I know having a sugar happy ending wouldn't fit with the story but seems to harsh on her? In the end Koichi is still an idiot pursuing his dream, Knuckleduster still punching the crap (really the best part).
So I dunno, good final but not the best one :D

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good ending. Unfortunately Koichi and Pop didn't have a happy-ever-after moment, but on the other hand I don't mind it. They're friends. Good friends. I think they're gonna get there at some point, but right now their lives are a bit in flux and it would seem a bit crazy for them to enter a serious romantic relationship now.

I truly believe there's more to their story coming. Either in a bonus chapter(s), the main series or both. Maybe even have Koichi make a cameo in a future MHA movie. It's too good an opportunity to pass up.

The entire cast, no. Skycrawler, yes, I think it's happening. If Koichi can find a way back to Japan, he's gonna help in some way. Not expecting a Deku/Skycrawler team up, but Koichi backing up Endeavor and Hawks against AFO? Yep, I can totally see that happening.

Really, I feel conflicted. The story has been interesting, I enjoyed the reading and so on but this ending leaved me a little perplexed.
In the end it seems to me like Pop is the only one who paid, she isn't pursuing her dream as singer, nor she looks like a vigilante anymore, also leaved Koichi in US seemsly without intention to reunite with him. So? All the story about Koichi have a big talk with her? I know having a sugar happy ending wouldn't fit with the story but seems to harsh on her? In the end Koichi is still an idiot pursuing his dream, Knuckleduster still punching the crap (really the best part).
So I dunno, good final but not the best one :D
I think Pop taking care of herself and slowly getting her life back together is a good ending for her. Is she still pursuing a singing career? I hope so. But, I like she's doing her own thing, whatever it is. And it's not like her and Koichi aren't still friends. The sparks are there, but given their personalities and new beginnings, it's gonna be awhile. Just remember: Most people say your lover is your best friend and there's no doubt those two are the best of friends.

Now, KD. That's a bittersweet ending, in my opinion. I was hoping he'd retire, but he's still on the streets. It's good he's protecting Naruhata, but I hoped he'd get some rest. But if that's what he wants more power to him.

Forsaken6

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think Pop taking care of herself and slowly getting her life back together is a good ending for her. Is she still pursuing a singing career? I hope so. But, I like she's doing her own thing, whatever it is. And it's not like her and Koichi aren't still friends. The sparks are there, but given their personalities and new beginnings, it's gonna be awhile. Just remember: Most people say your lover is your best friend and there's no doubt those two are the best of friends.

Now, KD. That's a bittersweet ending, in my opinion. I was hoping he'd retire, but he's still on the streets. It's good he's protecting Naruhata, but I hoped he'd get some rest. But if that's what he wants more power to him.
I get your point, probably it had to be like this, with the main story no flash forward would be possibile, obviously if Koichi arrive in the main series I would be really happy, not sure about the main fight with OFA? Then with Cap with him? Hope so.

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
So I am reading this right now... and yeah Endeavor is really ooc here.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's so much I love about this final volume. All 3 main cast members there, Koichi using Knuckle Style while smiling! Wow! Amazing!

Wait, is that an original cover or is it based on a main series volume cover like all the rest?

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ended read about two months ago. For the most part... it wasnt that good.