Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

EmptySoul

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Chapter was good and the artwork keeps getting better every chap especially the fight scenes

Hope we get past the movie plot soon tho

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally, I didn't see the boruto movie, so I'm really enjoying these chapters, Karuma wearing Susanno was pretty cool imo. And I like how much effort the author is taking to show that Sasuke and Naruto could easily defeat these new mysterious opponents if it wasn't for children/idiots being around. It's nice to see that this series isn't pretending that Naruto and Sasuke are at an entirely different level than everyone else in the Naruto Universe, and the handicaps those two are being given feel pretty organic. (except for the random leaf idiot who showed up at the end of this chapter)

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Personally, I didn't see the boruto movie, so I'm really enjoying these chapters, Karuma wearing Susanno was pretty cool imo. And I like how much effort the author is taking to show that Sasuke and Naruto could easily defeat these new mysterious opponents if it wasn't for children/idiots being around. It's nice to see that this series isn't pretending that Naruto and Sasuke are at an entirely different level than everyone else in the Naruto Universe, and the handicaps those two are being given feel pretty organic. (except for the random leaf idiot who showed up at the end of this chapter)
I don't know if easily defeat is the proper word for it, aside from their inability to use jutsu they are strong enough to take on the 5 Kages + Sasuke and give them a hard time, probably the hardest time the other 4 Kages had in their lives. Sasuke and Naruto could probably defeat Momoshiki and Kinshiki if they really decided to go all out, but the way these two powers works put lots of limitation on what they can use against them, they would eventually figure out how to do it (as they do in the end), but I tend to think it would take a lot of effort compared to most all too powerful guys they fought against, Pain, Madara, Kaguya and Juubi Obito are the only ones I see really being stronger than Momoshiki and Kinshiki.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't see how it is any different from Kaguya (minus using their ninjutsu against them), basically absorb and release, while Kaguya could only absorb... Although it seems Momoshiki's ability to absorb is faster than Kaguya (similar to Preta Path)

Not impressed by Momoshiki tbh, found Kaguya slightly more impressive considering the range of jutsus she showed... But obviously still think Naruto and Sasuke are even more impressive, which makes you wonder how the hell Naruto/Sasuke can be killed

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't see how it is any different from Kaguya (minus using their ninjutsu against them), basically absorb and release, while Kaguya could only absorb... Although it seems Momoshiki's ability to absorb is faster than Kaguya (similar to Preta Path)

Not impressed by Momoshiki tbh, found Kaguya slightly more impressive considering the range of jutsus she showed... But obviously still think Naruto and Sasuke are even more impressive, which makes you wonder how the hell Naruto/Sasuke can be killed
But hey nearly died multiple times fighting Kaguya and even so, could only really beat her using a one-time only special sealing jutsu Hogoromo gave them. Momoshiki and Kinshiki are, at least supposedly, a threat big enough to Kaguya that she thought she not only all her powers (essentially all chakra in the world) and still needed an army of White Zetsu in order to fight against.

I think Naruto and Sasuke would win, but it would not be that easy and they would probably withstand a good deal of damage. In Sasuke Shinden, it is shown that fighting against a large amount of skilled fooder could still tire Sasuke. Naruto and Sasuke are very tough, probably the toughest guys in the world. But as Darth Bane used to say in the old SWEU, a lot of weaklings could always band together in greater to overcome the strongest Force user.

KiSwordsman

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
So we are finally done with the movie. Ok lets see what this author can do.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So we are finally done with the movie. Ok lets see what this author can do.
Series will be 10/10 if they kill all the adults in the next chapter and just follow the kids exclusively.

Reactions: Sky

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oh dear lord thank god we're through the movie plot-line. Original content is near!

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Scans for chapter 10 are out and it looks like Boruto will also be gifted powers without him having to do a thing.......really why do I even bother with this shity story

Suzaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
looks like Boruto will also be gifted powers without him having to do a thing...
Based on what?

Momoshiki's spirit is taunting him and saying that his blue eyes are robbing him of everything and preventing him from seeing his own destiny.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Based on what?

Momoshiki's spirit is taunting him and saying that his blue eyes are robbing him of everything and preventing him from seeing his own destiny.
And next time this Momo clown will be going like you changed the way I see the world, me and you are partners go use my power to end the war

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...

Goddamn liars! They said Boruto would go onto a new adventure but they just wasted another entire chapter with the epilogue of the movie.

Seriously, they ought to do a really epic twist and kickstart this series or else it will never catch on.

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Scans for chapter 10 are out and it looks like Boruto will also be gifted powers without him having to do a thing.......really why do I even bother with this shity story
That was expected, his little sister already have the Byakugan, I was surprised that this didn't come out on the movie.

Last edited:

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Based on what?

From my point of view, the diamond in his hand. That's obviously going to be something at some point. I personally don't care for right now, I just want to see something new, like we were promised last month.

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...

Goddamn liars! They said Boruto would go onto a new adventure but they just wasted another entire chapter with the epilogue of the movie.

Seriously, they ought to do a really epic twist and kickstart this series or else it will never catch on.
The problem is that in Japan it already caught on, it is always among the top sellers there and usually beats more well consolidated powerhouses like One Piece, also, compared to the movie there are already some plot twists in these chapter. I really doubted they would really start the completely new material before the anime series starts, it makes more marketing sense they both start on the same week.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem is that in Japan it already caught on, it is always among the top sellers there and usually beats more well consolidated powerhouses like One Piece, also, compared to the movie there are already some plot twists in these chapter. I really doubted they would really start the completely new material before the anime series starts, it makes more marketing sense they both start on the same week.
You know, the messed up part about it is, that was the appeal of this new manga series a year ago. So they pretty much strung us along for an entire year. Even if it makes sense from a marketing standpoint it's still not cool, putting it lightly.

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
You know, the messed up part about it is, that was the appeal of this new manga series a year ago. So they pretty much strung us along for an entire year. Even if it makes sense from a marketing standpoint it's still not cool, putting it lightly.
Given the difference in reception between audiences, since to western audiences the manga is a failure dragging for an entire year, while to japanese audience it is a huge commercial success, I'd argue that they probably did the right decisions for the consumers that pays their bills and load their pockets with money. Want it or not, western audience is just a tiny fraction to what Japanese audience represents on their sales, it is probably the last thing they think about when planning their marketing strategies.

Personally I have mixed feelings about this one year repeating the movie, I didn't like the movie much, thought the novel interesting, and yet the duo handling the series could put something new and imposed their own style on what should basically be a repetition to something everyone had already seen. The new tidbits (like this chapter Momoshiki's pep talk with Boruto and the enigmatic seal in his hand) are way more interesting than Kishimoto's original ideas to the movie, but certainly I would prefer they did it a way faster.

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
Given the difference in reception between audiences, since to western audiences the manga is a failure dragging for an entire year, while to japanese audience it is a huge commercial success, I'd argue that they probably did the right decisions for the consumers that pays their bills and load their pockets with money. Want it or not, western audience is just a tiny fraction to what Japanese audience represents on their sales, it is probably the last thing they think about when planning their marketing strategies.

Personally I have mixed feelings about this one year repeating the movie, I didn't like the movie much, thought the novel interesting, and yet the duo handling the series could put something new and imposed their own style on what should basically be a repetition to something everyone had already seen. The new tidbits (like this chapter Momoshiki's pep talk with Boruto and the enigmatic seal in his hand) are way more interesting than Kishimoto's original ideas to the movie, but certainly I would prefer they did it a way faster.
So now Borat has a seal in his hand because he killed Momoshiki, the prologue has shown us were that ultimately leads.

Kaguya's flashback showed a third Otsutsuki so this is likely from whom Kawaki will get his seal from.

Still, this manga remains on a dead end because someone has to kill Naruto and Sasuke to become a real threat. I find it more likely that Sasuke and Naruto Will kill each other instead of someone killing them only to be stopped by Borat.

PS: I am mispelling the lame protag's name on purpose.

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...

So now Borat has a seal in his hand because he killed Momoshiki, the prologue has shown us were that ultimately leads.

Kaguya's flashback showed a third Otsutsuki so this is likely from whom Kawaki will get his seal from.

Still, this manga remains on a dead end because someone has to kill Naruto and Sasuke to become a real threat. I find it more likely that Sasuke and Naruto Will kill each other instead of someone killing them only to be stopped by Borat.

PS: I am mispelling the lame protag's name on purpose.
You focus too much on the idea of someone killing Naruto and Sasuke, the development on the prologue doesn't really require that, also even if their deaths is a necessary condition that isn't impossible at all, give them a poisoned ramen and you do the trick, overpower both of them with enough numbers, you do the trick, kill them in their sleep, you do the trick, ambush them the right way when they least expect, it would o the trick. Seal them or their powers it would do the trick.

If Kaguya who was far more powerful than both of them could be deat with, it is far from impossible to deal with Naruto and Sasuke, it may be hard, it may require a lot of planning, but since Boruto is far older in the prologue than he currently is, we know that whoever is the new villain, had time to plan and execute this thing.

I'm more intrigued with Boruto's mark, it is exactly the same as Sakura and Tsunade's Byakugou, I wonder if there is any relation there.

Last edited: