Shounen - Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Part 2 starts July 13th, lets goooooo. A new subsection would be nice with this and the anime on the horizon.
Yeah Chainsaw Man is about to blow the fuck up. I'm curious to see how high the population of the fandom gets this year.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only manga that keeps you glued in from chapt 1-90! Chapter 85 was an absolute Homerun - made this manga God-Level. No other author would have gotten away with the Family Burger chapter, especially at that point in the story!!!

Hrathgrath

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only manga that keeps you glued in from chapt 1-90! Chapter 85 was an absolute Homerun - made this manga God-Level. No other author would have gotten away with the Family Burger chapter, especially at that point in the story!!!
There is definitely something to say about an author when only the main character is safe from a unexpected bloody death... Ever read Fire Punch? Same guy. Killed everyone but the main character in EVERY arc. (There were exceptions, but that didn't mean they were ever safe...)

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is definitely something to say about an author when only the main character is safe from a unexpected bloody death... Ever read Fire Punch? Same guy. Killed everyone but the main character in EVERY arc. (There were exceptions, but that didn't mean they were ever safe...)
Nah I have not read fire punch and I enjoyed the death! Devil hunting is a dangerous job and by the end of pt1 it made sense why everyone died!

I hate mangas for 12 year olds with the theme - ‘power of friendship trumps every situation and everyone survives’

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
It confused me, all the main character deaths i didn't realize how he wrote his manga lol. But once you realize he just isn't interested in the typical stretched out manga, it works better. I think i preferred fire punch more, but this was great.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nah I have not read fire punch and I enjoyed the death! Devil hunting is a dangerous job and by the end of pt1 it made sense why everyone died!

I hate mangas for 12 year olds with the theme - ‘power of friendship trumps every situation and everyone survives’
Read fire punch!

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Read Look Back. That's more of a gut punch than anything else he's written.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Read Look Back. That's more of a gut punch than anything else he's written.
He's so good at this tone, reading his hyper violent stuff you get lulled into thinking it's a one note thing, but then the gut punch.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
He's so good at this tone, reading his hyper violent stuff you get lulled into thinking it's a one note thing, but then the gut punch.
Chainsaw Man itself was really good at the emotional gut punch, but it was framed on all sides by the hyper violence. Look Back was basically Fuji looking directly at the reader and being like "Oh you think I can't do the same thing without all the bells and whistles and blood and guts? Sit down and prepare to cry and only cry."

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hard to say. Chainsaw Man, as a whole, was pretty good, save for a few serious hiccups in storytelling, ranging from the constant vomiting to Pochita's bizarre characterization (i.e., a "good guy" who routinely lops people's heads off). Hopefully the storytelling in Part 2 will be more coherent. I'm very interested in seeing more Primal Fears. The lovecraftian artwork has always been the series' strongest appeal, and I hope the mangaka expands upon it.

I especially want to know why Pochita has the bizarre ability to warp reality by eating devils. Is he a fusion with another devil? The mystery intrigues me.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hard to say. Chainsaw Man, as a whole, was pretty good, save for a few serious hiccups in storytelling, ranging from the constant vomiting to Pochita's bizarre characterization (i.e., a "good guy" who routinely lops people's heads off). Hopefully the storytelling in Part 2 will be more coherent. I'm very interested in seeing more Primal Fears. The lovecraftian artwork has always been the series' strongest appeal, and I hope the mangaka expands upon it.

I especially want to know why Pochita has the bizarre ability to warp reality by eating devils. Is he a fusion with another devil? The mystery intrigues me.
How is the vomiting a negative on the storytelling? It was completely on brand and thematically appropriate.

Pochita's history and personality definitely need to be expounded upon, and yeah more importantly we need to understand how and/or why "chainsaw" of all things randomly has this insanely overpowered ability to erase the existence of a concept. That's a *bit* outside of the scope of what a chainsaw can do lol

"More primordial devils" is basically my one immutable fan demand for Part 2. I have no doubt we'll get at least another one, but it's so tantalizing a concept that I need more. I'd settle for a data book like Death Note "Volume 13" that had bios for all the shinigami that just had little cameos.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
CSM fanart always amazes

Credits to @OvertoneRhine
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Part 2 is live!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013792
--- Double Post Merged, ---

After 18+ months, I dropped my guard, and was swiftly hit by Fujimoto insanity like a truck. Banger return, the hype rolls on.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Back in action and starting strong. Interested to see more from the War Devil.

Karnak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
What a pleasant surprise! I stumbled on the new chapter by pure luck. I am excited! :super :gwah