Discussion - Character's performance that underwhelmed you | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Character's performance that underwhelmed you

Omnion_1990

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The yonkos have certainly been power of plot nerfed. BB has been taking major l’s although he probably will kill garp
how? BB has been curb stomping everyone. he literally been stealing the worlds top devil fruit users and become a yonko. the yonkos power doesnt just come from them but the totality of their crews. along with the shibuki and the admirals the FOUR OF THEM were able to be kept in check. their power seems pretty balanced. they should be strong, but not so op. BB on the other hand having newgates power and the literal hacks power of the yami yami is going to the top.

WILDCARD 1 7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Cody's performance ain't looking too well right now. Maybe he should be demoted.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The Three Calamities, Tobbi Roppo, Kaidou (to an extent), Big Mom, Kid.

Is there a reason to be disappointed by Koby's feats? I don't think he lost to people he shouldn't have lost to. It's more his behavior that's the problem.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Koby is doing exactly as I expected. He was never implied to be too strong, quite the opposite, but was thrown in with the top tiers.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
There's no reason to think koby has monstrous strength... What's noteworthy about him is his quick progress from a below average nobody to a capable haki user in two years. I am not really sure of where to place his strength though. I suppose he is at least stronger than pre time skip luffy now? Koby would appear to be the weakest fighter that is able to competently use armor and observation haki. His reaction to kyros would suggest kyros is well ahead of him, which tracks because kyros could take on diamante. Whom I don't think is good enough to be an executive to a yonko but would do an ok headliner/fighter. I wonder if koby can take on, say, bellamy or deringer... I am inclined to thinking koby would still lose to either.

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I think that plenty of characters have been undermined in terms of power vs hype/infamy, but Jack still takes the cake.

He went from assaulting a ship with Sengoku, Fujitora and Tsuru and making it out alive, to being defeated by doggo after a couple of small losses.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
The Three Calamities, Tobbi Roppo, Kaidou (to an extent), Big Mom, Kid.

Is there a reason to be disappointed by Koby's feats? I don't think he lost to people he shouldn't have lost to. It's more his behavior that's the problem.
Koby is doing exactly as I expected. He was never implied to be too strong, quite the opposite, but was thrown in with the top tiers.
Honestly I was partially 🤡 when I said he should be demoted. But I do think that last promotion to vice admiral (or was it rear admiral?)came out of knowhere. And here was a chance too show some of his fighting skill. Not say he should have K.O one of the captains but him fight someone like say 🥃 would have gone along ways.

And yes his behavior is kinda a problem.

But I am prepared to take L with grace given 1088 spoilers.

Last edited:

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Honestly I was partially 🤡 when I said he should be demoted. But I do think that last promotion to vice admiral (or was it rear admiral?)came out of knowhere. And here was a chance too show some of his fighting skill. Not say he should have K.O one of the captains but him fight someone like say 🥃 would have gone along ways.

And yes his behavior is kinda a problem.

But I am prepared to eat 🐦⬛ with grace given 1088 spoilers.
Koby is still a captain.

Koby was incorrectly called a Rear Admiral in chapter 956, but that was corrected in the volume.

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Koby is still a captain.

Koby was incorrectly called a Rear Admiral in chapter 956, but that was corrected in the volume.
Hence the importance for the translator to get his shit together. Lately, he mistakenly referred to the Firgerland guy as the former ruler of God Valley until Sandman corrected him. Without Sandman's intervention, this error could have been published and would have been too late to correct.

It has been noted that Hibari and Akainu share the same way of speaking, but this wasn't conveyed in the official translation. Oda drops clues in the Japanese language, but the translator may not pick up on them effectively.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Hence the importance for the translator to get his shit together. Lately, he mistakenly referred to the Firgerland guy as the former ruler of God Valley until Sandman corrected him. Without Sandman's intervention, this error could have been published and would have been too late to correct.

It has been noted that Hibari and Akainu share the same way of speaking, but this wasn't conveyed in the official translation. Oda drops clues in the Japanese language, but the translator may not pick up on them effectively.
I think it was an error in the Japanese version

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think it was an error in the Japanese version
The error in the English text was promptly corrected within the same week. Normally errors in the Japanese text are corrected in the volumes, as evidenced by the correction made to Katakuri's devil fruit. While Jimbei initially referred to it as a logia in the manga, it was later corrected to a paramecia in the volume.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Too me Wano arc was underwhelming specially when it came to characters, but the most disappointing was Kinemon. He didn't show anything impressive with his fire cutting technique, underwhemling DF ability with no wit to use them in battle, and the worst possible person to lead them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The error in the English text was promptly corrected within the same week. Normally errors in the Japanese text are corrected in the volumes, as evidenced by the correction made to Katakuri's devil fruit. While Jimbei initially referred to it as a logia in the manga, it was later corrected to a paramecia in the volume.
Steven Paul is usually amazing at it. He's bound to make an occasional mistake or two. Sandman's native japanese speaker (i believe) so he's likely to be able to provide more context.