Society - Coronavirus Hangout | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Society Coronavirus Hangout

Are you vaccinated?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I would be if I had access

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
On the one hand, i do not wish anyone harm.
ON the other, in a cynical world in which cynical people play cynical games, being told by the supporters of these people that you should not be cynical when it is something that affects them.... Nah.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I have no sympathy, you reap what you sow. Even more so if it's true that he knew he might have been exposed already and knowingly met with others without a mask. That borders on criminal behavior. Hell, in the past they charged people with crimes when people did that with HIV.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have no sympathy, you reap what you sow. Even more so if it's true that he knew he might have been exposed already and knowingly met with others without a mask. That borders on criminal behavior. Hell, in the past they charged people with crimes when people did that with HIV.
Totally. I still do not hope he dies. I hope he gets thrown out of office and has to pay for the crimes he did and that the democrats control the Senate soon.

And I do hope that them getting Corona helps with that and that they cannot confirm their new justice before a new senate is composed (and ideally not before January, but that might be wishful thinking).

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Given what Trump has said and done, I do not feel bad in wishing him ill nor do I think that is bad at all. This man's handling of covid resulted in over 200K people dead and far more people permanently affected by covid. The whole respectability bullshit went out the window during the campaign, especially when Trump mocked Hillary when she had pneumonia and mocked a disabled reporter.

All he had to do was just take the virus seriously. That's it. I work in a very public area, but I haven't gotten sick because I take it seriously. Same with most coworkers. But nooo, he had to act as if it was a hoax and instead of showing leadership that could have boosted his popularity, he showed ineptitude out of fear of losing the election.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Canada is having major spikes in Southern Ontario

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
All the world has or will have eventually once it gets colder.

I might have it too... Because the one time, the one fucking time i met up with more than one person at my home (and only a modest 4 people watching a movie), one guy writes me RIGHT AFTER the event that his roommate got it. Thanks a lot.

I think the chance that i got it is not very high, as he said he didnt interact with his roommate and has no symptoms until now, but still, it annoys me. I wont meet more than 1 person at a time anymore since the end of january.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
So.... bringing this thread back from the dead, how’s everyone doing in relation to the pandemic? If we could, maybe we could open up a poll to tally how many of us have been vaccinated? Remember, it’s completely your choice if you don’t want to share your status.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm vaccinated, and I'm still going to be wearing a mask in public, and I double-mask when I go into a city like NYC. This weekend was an exception since it was my cousin's wedding.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'll be considered "fully vaccinated" this Sunday, I guess. Not dropping masks in public places either, but mostly still avoiding them anyway.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I've always supported mask mandates believing the science behind them to be sound.

Vaccines however are a mixed bag.

Like most I accepted santa claus, the easter bunny and tooth fairy not being real at a young age. The idea that complete strangers in the government or experts in the media care about me, or have my best interests at heart. That's something I stopped believing in around the time I stopped believing in tooth fairy and santa claus ideology.

It doesn't matter if Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Dr. Fauci and Joe Biden combine forces and say COVID vaccines are proven science that are good for me. I'm never taking the vaccine unless I'm forced to. I never believed for a second any of those people gave a fk about me.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I'll be considered "fully vaccinated" this Sunday, I guess. Not dropping masks in public places either, but mostly still avoiding them anyway.
How about that poll option?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Like most I accepted santa claus, the easter bunny and tooth fairy not being real at a young age. The idea that complete strangers in the government or experts in the media care about me, or have my best interests at heart. That's something I stopped believing in around the time I stopped believing in tooth fairy and santa claus ideology.
Is this satire?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

How about that poll option?
I'm not sure to what end, but since it's a hangout thread, sure

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
So.... bringing this thread back from the dead, how’s everyone doing in relation to the pandemic? If we could, maybe we could open up a poll to tally how many of us have been vaccinated? Remember, it’s completely your choice if you don’t want to share your status.
Second shot on July 31. Sinovac. How about you?

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I've always supported mask mandates believing the science behind them to be sound.

Vaccines however are a mixed bag.

It doesn't matter if Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Dr. Fauci and Joe Biden combine forces and say COVID vaccines are proven science that are good for me. I'm never taking the vaccine unless I'm forced to. I never believed for a second any of those people gave a fk about me.
They don't care about you, but if they lose enough people that means they might not make as much money or have as much labor to exploit. But also, you have no idea how vaccines work, it seems.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
you have no idea how vaccines work

When I say vaccines are a "mixed bag". I'm referring to events as the above.

Most don't know vaccines like gardisil killed many, ruining many lives.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

you have no idea how vaccines work
Black Conspiracy Theories 101: HIV/AIDS Was Created To Extinguish Blacks

Case in point, post-apartheid South African President Thabo Mbeki once accused the U.S. government of manufacturing the disease in their military labs and world-renowned Kenyan ecologist, Nobel Peace Prize winner Dr. Wangari Maathai used her international spotlight to give credence to the conspiracy theory about the creation of HIV/AIDS. After accepting her prestigious honor, the first African female Nobel laureate used her acceptance platform to state, that the deadly virus was created as a biological weapon by the west to wipe out Africans:

AIDS is not a curse from God to Africans or the Black people. It is a tool to control them designed by some evil-minded scientists, ” according to Maathai.

While we're on the topic.

Someone explain to me what the above is all about.

edit

The media complains blacks aren't being vaccinated. I think the above could have something to do with it?

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I got both shots last month.
prove it, show me the back and front of your credit/debit card in PM

Given the Delta variant spreading, I really hope Biden and/or the states shut down the area again. It just feels like doing very little will make things even worse than last year.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Shock: European Union Reports 1.5 Million Vaccine Injuries, 15,472 Deaths

Politifact check on this please.

I want to believe its fake news.