Info - D.Gray-man Reverse Novels Info & Discussion | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info D.Gray-man Reverse Novels Info & Discussion

tgirl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, uhm, all I want to ask is:
Allen knew about the Earl and everything when he was young? Cos, well, he say the Akuma in the circus tent, and i think I read that Mana told him about the Earl trying to track he and the 14th down.

Oh, and, didn't Mana teach Allen the piano score? How could he when he was mentally unstable?
I don't follow much about these Reverse Novels or even how canon they could relate towards the actual manga...

But in manga canonically, it was Cross who said everything about Mana and the 14th being in "hiding" from the Earl. It's possible that Mana might've not remembered that.

And Mana didn't teach Allen the piano score. Allen and Mana "both" made up the score, together. This is still yet to be further clarified in a later chapter so be patient... ^___^

(And hopefully, someone does answer your other question about the Reverse novels...)

Aracely

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I don't follow much about these Reverse Novels or even how canon they could relate towards the actual manga...
They're canon. They're written by a friend of Hoshino, but Hoshino is the one who decides what goes in them, though her editors get a say too. We know that because there was an interview where she talked about how her editors talked her out of including too many spoilers in Reverse 3.

Some of the characters introduced in Reverse have appeared in the actual manga (Doug and Colette, albeit as illusions when Lavi was trapped in Road's dream world). And in Gray Ark, characters and events from Reverse are listed along with the manga, with events from Reverse being included in the timelines for Allen and Lavi.

Lavigirl_ruki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
And Mana didn't teach Allen the piano score. Allen and Mana "both" made up the score, together. This is still yet to be further clarified in a later chapter so be patient... ^___^
actually it has been confirmed in the manga that the score is not made up by Allen and Mana. it is the memories of the 14th that settle in Allen, just like what Cross has said in the chapters when he revealed that Allen is the next 14th Noah. then, about Allen can play Piano; i think it is because of 14th memories too...:amuse and that's what i get from the manga...^^

Some of the characters introduced in Reverse have appeared in the actual manga (Doug and Colette, albeit as illusions when Lavi was trapped in Road's dream world).
eh?? really?? which one? :eek:

tgirl

Reaction score
Country
United States
They're canon. They're written by a friend of Hoshino, but Hoshino is the one who decides what goes in them, though her editors get a say too. We know that because there was an interview where she talked about how her editors talked her out of including too many spoilers in Reverse 3.

Some of the characters introduced in Reverse have appeared in the actual manga (Doug and Colette, albeit as illusions when Lavi was trapped in Road's dream world). And in Gray Ark, characters and events from Reverse are listed along with the manga, with events from Reverse being included in the timelines for Allen and Lavi.
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahh!! Where did my response to this, go? Guess, I left this on preview and forgot to submit this yesterday... ?? >__< Or, something happened?

Anyways, thanks for the information! ^___^

actually it has been confirmed in the manga that the score is not made up by Allen and Mana. it is the memories of the 14th that settle in Allen, just like what Cross has said in the chapters when he revealed that Allen is the next 14th Noah. then, about Allen can play Piano; i think it is because of 14th memories too...:amuse and that's what i get from the manga...^^
We know that, but greystars was confused about Mana so I was just clarifying to her about it. We know the song is the 14th's song, BUT, it's Allen who's making it with Mana on that winter day. ;) Little Allen wouldn't know it's the 14th's memories as those are his own memories too (in a way). (Which goes along with my particular theory that's a few threads below this thread....)

ying_su

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I just ordered the three novels and the artbook NOCHE from yesasia, thanks to lunawolf and aracely for showing me this shop! :)

When they arrive i'll try the translation of the 3rd novel with some friends, i'll tell you if i'm lucky! (Need to wait till Mars, though... )

addenza

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Have fun with the translation! Allen and Mana's story is an interesting one. Hoshino's comments at the end of the novel were rather interesting as well! ^^

Last edited:

oceanfrost

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
For anyone who can read Chinese, Allen and Mana's story (for Reverse 3) is up on baidu.
Ah, thank you so much for the link. Allen's backstory is terribly upsetting, and I thought the blog post was just exaggerating things a little bit. Just reading it makes me really depressed, the way he keeps trying to reassure himself that it's perfectly fine if nobody talks to him etc etc in the beginning.

fuff

Reaction score
Country
Canada
is there one in english yet? i really wanna read it or find more info on...

illusion410

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just read it for the first time! (Although I have read that summary on lj before) It made me cry it was so sad!!!! :crying Poor Allen I love you so much!! How do you turn out so (relatively) normal after a childhood like that?!?!?

candy

Reaction score
Country
United States
wait illusion you get the reverse novel in english???

KanouYuuki

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wahh... The more I think about the reverse novel 3(and after a few months of lurking in this forum), the more I see me and Red were alike... That sounds depressing already.........

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Glenat itself confirmed me none of the d.gray-man novels will be translated and released in Spain...

What about the anglophone world?

illusion410

Reaction score
Country
United States
wait illusion you get the reverse novel in english???
Nope I can just understand some Chinese. :amuse I'm not that good but google translate helped me with the stuff I didn't know. sorry to disappoint. If ying_su isn't able to translate it I'll probably give it a try if anybody wants me to

candy

Reaction score
Country
United States
ah its times like these that i really wish they didn't cancel the chinese program in my school!!!! i'm currently taking it but they won't have it next year :scry
illusion that would be so awesome if either you or ying_su did it!!!:D

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
@Illusion410 and @candy: They shipped the books already!!! :D

Well, just, i'll try my best with the translations, but knowing my level in japanese (almost zero) it will take A LOT! :(

oceanfrost

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I can help with the translations as well, but I'll have to source it from the chinese version of the story.

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I LOVE YOU!!!
THANKS!!
I already have the japanese novel, but, reading it is like hell for me... :(
So,
I'm happy now~

Niko_kun